• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

My FTJ outcome so far :
My wife went to the interview on June 30 ..everything was fine however there was a confusion. The officer had though im comming with her but my wife was able to clarify shes a follow to join. They retained her passport for visa printing , however it has been 2 weeks now. The only update we have at this time is - "We unable to print the visa due to a technical issues and we are in contact with USCIS and KCC" - im assuming they cant print the visa due to my file not being there ? (pending i824)...They also confirmed they requested my file from USCIS.
Im trying to fig out what they mean technical issue - any thoughts?
They’re probably still waiting on your case file from your FO.

Hi Mom,

I have two question regarding change of address. I went through all the posts of change of address in this forum. I'll be moving out from my current place in 3 weeks, however, my lease already started in the other place. Both of these places are under the same jurisdiction (same zip codes). I received my NoA on June 26th and waiting for bio and interview letters. Based on what I read here and other folks' experience on reddit, AR-11 is not being effective in most of the times and USCIS are sending the letters to the old addresses. I have the phone number of the future tenet here and I can get those mails from them.

1- Since USPS will remove my name from the post box (I saw that happened for the previous tenet) after I move out from this place, is it possible that they see the name under the box and say it's not this person and don't deliver the mail and send it back to USCIS? I'm asking this since I read somewhere that mails are being sent back to USCIS for wrong address.

2- Based on your experience, do you suggest for me to go through AR-11 or just wait to get the mails from future tenet? As of today, my bio and interview are not scheduled when I checked with the Tier 1 agent.

Thank you!
1. Yes, that is very much possible. In places where names are listed on the mailbox, USPS tend to return USCIS correspondence as undeliverable when the mailbox name doesn’t match what is on the mail.
2. Submitting an AR-11 does not guarantee USCIS will send bio/IL to your new address simply because of the short timeframe in between. So you’ll have to decide on this on your own.
Hopefully you’ve created an online account which gives you another opportunity for monitoring your case. In addition, make regular calls to USCIS, they will at least be able to provide you with your appointment dates when they get scheduled while your waiting to receive the actual mail.

in my case i did the AR 11 - my bio and interview was not scheduled at that time. However i had no issues with it ..both my bio and interview arrived at the new address. Also i made sure to do address forwarding with USPS so whatever mail i get at the old address gets forwarded to the new address. The address forwarding happens for 1 year i guess, so you will be covered even if they send it to your old address
Certain USCIS mail do not get forwarded, USPS is prohibited from forwarding USCIS mail, even when one has initiated mail forwarding with USPS.

in my case i did the AR 11 - my bio and interview was not scheduled at that time. However i had no issues with it ..both my bio and interview arrived at the new address. Also i made sure to do address forwarding with USPS so whatever mail i get at the old address gets forwarded to the new address. The address forwarding happens for 1 year i guess, so you will be covered even if they send it to your old address
Thank you so much for your reply!

1. Yes, that is very much possible. In places where names are listed on the mailbox, USPS tend to return USCIS correspondence as undeliverable when the mailbox name doesn’t match what is on the mail.
2. Submitting an AR-11 does not guarantee USCIS will send bio/IL to your new address simply because of the short timeframe in between. So you’ll have to decide on this on your own.
Hopefully you’ve created an online account which gives you another opportunity for monitoring your case. In addition, make regular calls to USCIS, they will at least be able to provide you with your appointment dates when they get scheduled while your waiting to receive the actual mail.
Thanks Mom!

Based on what you said, my best bet is to change my address right now and try my luck and see if they are going to send the letters to the new address. Because, I am seeing some mails in my informed delivery that are under the name of the previous tenets or my roommate, but they are not being delivered because the box is under my name.

I have the online account, but same as other folks here, it doesn't display my case status and just says "invalid date". This link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do also doesn't show scheduled dates for bio and interviews for most applicants. I think I'll call USCIS regularly just like you said to make sure about those dates, but unfortunately I have to have the physical letters in hand to enter ASC and FO so fingers crossed I get those somehow.

I just got an email from USCIS regarding my tier 2 callback request:

"Thank you for your inquiry dated June 22, 2021.
Regarding the status of your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
USCIS systems indicate that on July 16, 2021, we created and mailed you an Application Support Center (ASC) Appointment Notice. You were scheduled on August 05, 2021 at 4:00 pm at USCIS PHILADELPHIA
10300 Drummond Road Suite 100, Philadelphia PA 19154.
You may also view and print a copy of your USCIS ASC Appointment Notice within your USCIS online filing system account. After you log in to your USCIS online filing system account, access the Home Tab to find the "Documents" field to view or print your official appointment notice from USCIS.
Your case is currently in suspense until you appear and complete the process at the ASC for your biometrics. If you feel you need to reschedule your ASC appointment and can show good cause, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833). "

This "in suspense" part, Is it just a standard thing so my case is still ok?

Hi, I got my BIO letter a couple of days ago, today I tried a walk-in and they let me in as it was quite empty so they took my fingerprints and photo.

When I arrived home, Interview Letter was in the mail (such a lucky day!) so I have my appointment scheduled for mid August.

In the IL, they ask me to bring high school diploma, DV letter, birth certificate... and also documentation showing my entries and departures from the US. I made a FOIA Request around 3 months ago to get my travel history but they are still processing the case and based on today's phone call, they cannot guarantee I will get it by my interview date, so my plan is to bring my passport with all the stamps I have.
Is there any other way to show all my entries and departures or will it be fine?

Thank you all again for sharing all your experiences and knowledge, it is truly appreciated and super helpful!

Hi,

I just had my interview today and would like to share my experience. Listed below is my timeline (will update in the spreadsheet later.) and my story. It is a bit long. But hopefully it'll be useful to some of you. Thanks.

DV2021 AS 118XX - Current in May - Early filing

AOS Fee Mailed 03/13/21
AOS Fee delivered 03/07/21
AOS Fee cashed 03/19/21
AOS Receipt 04/12/21
AOS Package Delivered 04/15/21
Acceptance Email/Text 05/12/21
Case Delivered to FO 05/24/21 (According to Online Tier 1 Agent)
Interview NOA 06/18/21
Interview Date 07/16/21
Biometrics Letter N/A (Taken on the date of interview, was scheduled on 08/09/21)

After I received the NOA, my online status has been showing Fingerprint Fee Was Received. My USCIS online account shows 'invalid date.' After about a month, I called USCIS and they told me my case is sent to Cleveland FO( I did list Cleveland as my mailing address). But my physical address is Columbus, OH. Waited couple of weeks, I still didn't any status update so I reached out to online chat tier 1 agent. She asked me to wait, so I requested to talk to tier 2 agent and they told me it'll take 14 days. I didn't receive any phone call after 14 days so I reached out to tier 1 agent again and was told it is now 21 days. Couple of days later, I received IL. I received a phone call from tier 2 agent on the 21 days(I think it is July 1st). He told me that there's nothing he can do and my bio is being scheduled. Once it is scheduled, I will received a mail despite I told him that it is time-sensitive case.

Since I had never received Bio appointment letter, I was worried that my case will be delayed. I talked to EMMA several times and they all told me to wait and disconnected. They won't even listen to what I said about Diversity Visa at all. So, I reached out to the Congresswoman. They are very efficient and got back to me immediately. But it took 2 weeks and a follow-up email to hear back from Cleveland FO. They basically told the Congresswoman that I have to wait or I can try to ask IO about Bio during/after the interview. So, that didn't help.

Today, I went to my interview. Arrived 25 mins early, there's no one in line to pass the security. It took like 3 mins to get to the Immigration Office. The minute I walked in, the front desk lady asked me if I have an appointment(which is odd because you can't get in w/o passing security). She asked for my interview letter. The minute she saw it, she handed me a piece of letter(ASC appointment letter, date:8/9/21) and asked me to go to next room to get my fingerprint. (Very surprised and thrilled at the same time)

Got to the fingerprint room, there was one gentleman getting his fingerprint. I didn't wait too long. It took me 5 mins and it was done. Back to the immigration office and sat there for about 10 mins. About 12:40, I got called in. The IO is very very nice. I took the oath and he asked me to sit down. Before we started, he told me that he saw my case this morning and found out that I haven't done my fingerprint yet, so he informed the front desk lady to send me over to get my fingerprint.

He asked for my ID and passport and confirming my identity and basic info. He started asking me those Yes/No questions. He reminded me to listen very carefully before answering any questions because it is being recorded. He, then, flipped through my paperwork and checked if there's anything missing. I did filled 2 questions wrong and he marked those. When he was going through my files, I saw the cover letter I attached to my AOS package so I guess it got to the IO. It lists all the attached document and I think it is very helpful. He didn't ask for any other documents from me. After all the questions, maybe 10 -15 questions, he told me my case looks good, but he can't approve my case now because of the fingerprint is not cleared yet.

He asked me if I have any questions. I asked him when the background check will be cleared. He said, the fingerprint result usually comes back fairly quick but it really depends on FBI. But it shouldn't take long. He didn't see any reason why my case will not be approved. He also told me if there's anything looks suspicious, he will definitely tell me. Then, I asked him will there be any problem i.e. my fingerprint don't work and have to retake it. He checked the computer and told me it looks fine to him and there's no reason it won't go through. I, then, asked him about my online status. It has been 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received'. He scanned my file barcode and saw the same thing. He assured me that my application looks fine and they're aware that DV is time-sensitive so they will process those cases first before the deadline. He gave me a letter and it says my case is under review.

I walked out the building at 12:55. The entire process is very quick and smooth. I checked my online status after the interview and still no update. But I was quite relived that it has been a long journey and I just did everything I can. Now just wait.

Again, I hope this is helpful and feel free to ask me any questions. Thanks and Good luck!

Last edited:
I just got an email from USCIS regarding my tier 2 callback request:

"Thank you for your inquiry dated June 22, 2021.
Regarding the status of your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
USCIS systems indicate that on July 16, 2021, we created and mailed you an Application Support Center (ASC) Appointment Notice. You were scheduled on August 05, 2021 at 4:00 pm at USCIS PHILADELPHIA
10300 Drummond Road Suite 100, Philadelphia PA 19154.
You may also view and print a copy of your USCIS ASC Appointment Notice within your USCIS online filing system account. After you log in to your USCIS online filing system account, access the Home Tab to find the "Documents" field to view or print your official appointment notice from USCIS.
Your case is currently in suspense until you appear and complete the process at the ASC for your biometrics. If you feel you need to reschedule your ASC appointment and can show good cause, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833). "

This "in suspense" part, Is it just a standard thing so my case is still ok?
Standard wording. Doesn’t imply anything significant.

Just a quick question regarding form AR-11:

When I'm going to this link: https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAInitForm.do?fromFirstCoaPage=true, it asks me this:

View attachment 2786

Should I put YES if even though I received my NOA?

Also, it form said something about changing your address in your online account, but I didn't find that option. I'm assuming that is for the applicants who filed their forms online and through their accounts, correct?
Your NOA is not a decision notice, right? So you need to answer YES.

Hi, I got my BIO letter a couple of days ago, today I tried a walk-in and they let me in as it was quite empty so they took my fingerprints and photo.

When I arrived home, Interview Letter was in the mail (such a lucky day!) so I have my appointment scheduled for mid August.

In the IL, they ask me to bring high school diploma, DV letter, birth certificate... and also documentation showing my entries and departures from the US. I made a FOIA Request around 3 months ago to get my travel history but they are still processing the case and based on today's phone call, they cannot guarantee I will get it by my interview date, so my plan is to bring my passport with all the stamps I have.
Is there any other way to show all my entries and departures or will it be fine?

Thank you all again for sharing all your experiences and knowledge, it is truly appreciated and super helpful!
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/i-94

Does the online i94 not work for you?

Alright, good news! For some reason they sent us the biometric appointment letters again. The third letter was the interview appointment notification! Our interview will be on August 17. We’re so relieved and happy! Thanks, Sm1smom, for the reminder to stay calm and patient. Sometimes informed delivery can make you quite nervous. I’ve updated the spreadsheet with our latest dates and will keep y’all posted about the biometrics and interview appointments. Fingers crossed you all receive your letters soon, too!
We had the same two bio letters, one letter did not have the letterhead, so assume that's why a 2nd one was sent.

I-94 works and I can get it, but Travel history does not and do not know why.
I have tried using old passports and my current one... but same outcome: "No record found for traveler".
See picture below:

View attachment 2787
Hm, that’s odd. By the way it would link your passports itself - I remember using my latest new passport and it picked up my prior passport entries in the history (I guess via biometrics?) - so that wouldn’t be the cause of the error.

May I ask where was your bio appointment? I am also planning to do the walk-in. Thank you
Congratulations and good luck for your interview!