• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

If you received the acceptance text and the i-485 and biometrics fee was cashed does that mean the package is fully accepted? I'm asking because I didn't include the DV receipt as I haven't received it yet and hoping this means they won't reject it. My case status says the fingerprint fee for the i-485 was received and that they have mailed the NOA.

I-94 works and I can get it, but Travel history does not and do not know why.
I have tried using old passports and my current one... but same outcome: "No record found for traveler".
See picture below:

View attachment 2787
I had a similar problem the last time I entered the country (2018). Travel history showed no records of my arrival.

I called CBP and they told me to go to their CBP Deferred Inspections (for me, the closest one was inside the San Diego International Airport).
CBP did not enter my name in the correct order when I entered the country, which caused the error, but they were able to fix it in the end.

Not sure if they can help with your situation, but you should give your local CBP office a call :)

I had a similar problem the last time I entered the country (2018). Travel history showed no records of my arrival.

I called CBP and they told me to go to their CBP Deferred Inspections (for me, the closest one was inside the San Diego International Airport).
CBP did not enter my name in the correct order when I entered the country, which caused the error, but they were able to fix it in the end.

Not sure if they can help with your situation, but you should give your local CBP office a call :)
THANKS! Will do!

If you received the acceptance text and the i-485 and biometrics fee was cashed does that mean the package is fully accepted? I'm asking because I didn't include the DV receipt as I haven't received it yet and hoping this means they won't reject it. My case status says the fingerprint fee for the i-485 was received and that they have mailed the NOA.
There’s no such thing as “fully accepted”. The package is either accepted or rejected.

Hello guys I just wanted to update you on my interview that I had 2 days ago. It went okay, we went through I-485 questions. Then he made some changes (one of the changes was that he write under the citation question that i had a ticket, but an explanation was already added in my additional info, maybe he didnt see it). Then he told me he’s gonna check my application and lmk if he needs more documentation.

i was genuinely waiting for an instant approval, I left being super mad and disappointed. God knows how long i’m have to wait now…

thank you, mom! Just scheduled for a call with a tier 2 officer and apparently it was much easier than I could ever imagine.
It would have been great if you had shared your Tier 2 experience and if he was able to schedule the bio for you. JIC you ever visited back . . .

Hello guys I just wanted to update you on my interview that I had 2 days ago. It went okay, we went through I-485 questions. Then he made some changes (one of the changes was that he write under the citation question that i had a ticket, but an explanation was already added in my additional info, maybe he didnt see it). Then he told me he’s gonna check my application and lmk if he needs more documentation.

i was genuinely waiting for an instant approval, I left being super mad and disappointed. God knows how long i’m have to wait now…
As the spreadsheet explains, the officer doesn't have to approve you on the spot. It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with your application. As you said, "it went okay" and it doesn't sound like there are any red flags you should worry about. Just be patient.

My spouse and I live in different states due to work (we both have H1B visa) and my spouse is DV selectee. Recently, we filed I485 on 5/17 together, however, only his check was cashed and he already got his NOA on 6/8.
Since you guys did not list a common primary address, you cases will not be adjudicated together. His AOS case file will get sent to the FO with jurisdiction over his primary address in his state of residence, yours will also get sent to the FO with jurisdiction over your address. Your application cannot be adjudicated until after he has successfully completed his own and his AOS case file gets forwarded from his FO to yours.

Expect extra scrutiny and be prepared to demonstrate your marriage is genuine (even if you were married before he gets selected), considering you’ve never been to his place and he visits you “when available”
Hi, I would like to give an update.
I refiled AOS package on 6/14 and NOA was received on 7/6. So far, I haven't got Bio and IL. On 7/15, USCIS officer called my spouse (principal applicant) saying that we can have interview together on 7/22, so I will fly from CA to MI for an interview. I thought I was supposed to have interview in CA, so what they said surprises me.

I refiled AOS package on 6/14 and NOA was received on 7/6. So far, I haven't got Bio and IL. On 7/15, USCIS officer called my spouse (principal applicant) saying that we can have interview together on 7/22, so I will fly from CA to MI for an interview. I thought I was supposed to have interview in CA, so what they said surprises me.
Has your spouse received a biometrics appointment letter?
Have you checked to see if the ASC and the FO where you will be interviewed are in the same building?

1. Yes. Bio is scheduled on 7/26, later than the date of interview.
2. They are in the same building.
I don't know if Mom will disagree with me. I think that because your spouse's biometrics appointment has been scheduled and yours has not, and because the ASC and FO are in the same building, it is possible that the officer will have your fingerprints taken after the interview or will make sure your biometrics appointment is scheduled ASAP.

That is rather strange - if you listed a CA address, your I-485 file gets sent to the FO with jurisdiction over that address, I don’t see how the IO in MI can adjudicate your case unless of course he’s sending for the case file. Anyway, do keep us posted after attending the interview with your spouse in MI.

Hello guys, quick update!! my portal just changed to NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCEDDDDDDD!!!!! LETTTSS GOOOO BABBYYYYYYYY <3

Boy I'm so relieved!! THANK GOD! This process has been extremely stressful, one of the most stressful things I experienced so much I had a lot on things on the line. Anyways, I'm writing this post to talk about something that has bothered me a lot and caused me a tremendous amount of stress, and sleepless nights of me thinking about it. I won this lottery but I used the same picture I used in the year prior. Now on their bylaws (or however u call it), it says that u will get disqualified. However, I have been asking literally everyone I know and none of them ever heard of someone being denied bc of this. 3 people I know did the same thing I did and they still got approved. Even when I looked at previous posts in this forum I saw @Sm1smom saying she never heard of anybody who got denied bc of this.

I'm writing this so that if someone is being extremely anxious about this and is thinking abt giving up, then I hope you get to see this, DONT GIVE UP!! I wish someone last year told me what I wrote here bc I was this close to give everything up.

Now to make myself clear, if u still haven't applied then don't risk it and take a new photo. But if u didn't know just like me, then It's ok, after speaking to soo many ppl abt this i can confidently say that there is nothing to worry about. Forget about it and keep on working on ur AOS.

Now although I joined this forum about 3 weeks ago, I still wanna take the time to thank all of u guys for the help. Most importantly @Sm1smom, you are literally a superhero <3 my biggest blessing was to find this forum and especially you <3

Best of luck for everyone else, much love and support

As the spreadsheet explains, the officer doesn't have to approve you on the spot. It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with your application. As you said, "it went okay" and it doesn't sound like there are any red flags you should worry about. Just be patient.
I just got approved brother, I appreciate the advice. I was just worried that my case would get stuck of something....phew!!

Hello guys, quick update!! my portal just changed to NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCEDDDDDDD!!!!! LETTTSS GOOOO BABBYYYYYYYY <3

Boy I'm so relieved!! THANK GOD! This process has been extremely stressful, one of the most stressful things I experienced so much I had a lot on things on the line. Anyways, I'm writing this post to talk about something that has bothered me a lot and caused me a tremendous amount of stress, and sleepless nights of me thinking about it. I won this lottery but I used the same picture I used in the year prior. Now on their bylaws (or however u call it), it says that u will get disqualified. However, I have been asking literally everyone I know and none of them ever heard of someone being denied bc of this. 3 people I know did the same thing I did and they still got approved. Even when I looked at previous posts in this forum I saw @Sm1smom saying she never heard of anybody who got denied bc of this.

I'm writing this so that if someone is being extremely anxious about this and is thinking abt giving up, then I hope you get to see this, DONT GIVE UP!! I wish someone last year told me what I wrote here bc I was this close to give everything up.

Now to make myself clear, if u still haven't applied then don't risk it and take a new photo. But if u didn't know just like me, then It's ok, after speaking to soo many ppl abt this i can confidently say that there is nothing to worry about. Forget about it and keep on working on ur AOS.

Now although I joined this forum about 3 weeks ago, I still wanna take the time to thank all of u guys for the help. Most importantly @Sm1smom, you are literally a superhero <3 my biggest blessing was to find this forum and especially you <3

Best of luck for everyone else, much love and support
Congratulations

1&2: If the collected prints turn out to be non-usable, you will be requested to visit your nearest local police station to obtain a clearance report. There is nothing you can do from your end for now, until (if) they get back to you on this.
3. You can attach copies of the RFE to each medical report and send together in one package.
4. That is your call. Send with whatever method you like, I however recommend you send it with a trackable option.
Thanks Mom,
We sent a copy of each RFE attached to the corresponding medical report yesterday via FedEx and it was delivered this morning.