• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hey mom,
Do you think I should contact 2 tier agent since it s been 27 days I got my NOA? I did not get any appointement so far, do you think it s better to wait or try to contact them? My FO is in Salt lake. Thank you!
I personally think 27 days is within the usual time frame. It took 35 days for us to get the bio appointment and 38 days to get get the interview letter, and it looks like around 30 days seems to be quite common in many cases. But I know how nerve-racking the waiting can be... :(

Thank you so much. I believe this won't affect the normal process right. If it takes 45 days then that is almost the same as without expediting, based on the timeline on the spreadsheet.
Yep. I believe this point has been made a number of times on this forum before, that DV processes are already expedited compared to normal USCIS procedures.

Hey guys! Good news coming for us! Emma told me my biometrics appt has been scheduled for 08/05/2021 evening but no letter yet. It's the day and time when I need to teach my course and have a group of 42 students o_O so I'm praying I could do a walk-in.
Congratulations on your success so far and for the future as well!
I have a question to you. What did you ask from EMMA (I mean the specific question ) to get the bio scheduled date from her?
Because whenever I am asking the question she send me some generalized guidelines and links.

Thank you so much in advance.

Last edited:
I have a question to you. What did you ask from EMMA (I mean the specific question ) to get the bio scheduled date from her?
Because whenever I am asking the question she send me some generalized guidelines and links.

Thank you! I first typed live chat -> get a tier 1 - > I was asking about the status of my tier 2 request and the agent told me to wait even though it's been more than 3 weeks then I asked whether my biometrics appt has been scheduled like "could you please look if there are any updates on my biometrics appt" and was given the date! I think I was lucky enough to get tier 1 willing to share the info but I also emphasized that my callback waiting time is out of any timeframe they gave.

Hi
First ask her Live agent and she will contact you with live agent and ask him about case status, he will ask you several questions after that ask him about if your bio and interview schedule....
Good luck

Hi,

Today I called USCIS to ask whether my bio has been scheduled.
That agent told me my bio has not been scheduled. He then ask for my phone number and email and told that I will I receive a call from USCIS then can ask for a bio schedule. He also gave me a verification code.

1) I think the call that is about to receive is from tier 2 agent. Am I correct?
2) I got an email from the USCIS as shown in the screen shot. As he gave me a verification code I don't have an idea whether the agent will call me in 72 hrs or in 20 days. Anyone has any idea?

Thank you so much.

View attachment 2763
Have you got your callback yet? Just wondering if it was a "72 hr" or a "20 day" at the end of the day.

Thank you! I first typed live chat -> get a tier 1 - > I was asking about the status of my tier 2 request and the agent told me to wait even though it's been more than 3 weeks then I asked whether my biometrics appt has been scheduled like "could you please look if there are any updates on my biometrics appt" and was given the date! I think I was lucky enough to get tier 1 willing to share the info but I also emphasized that my callback waiting time is out of any timeframe they gave.
I'll try. Thank you so much.

Hi Mom,

I have two question regarding change of address. I went through all the posts of change of address in this forum. I'll be moving out from my current place in 3 weeks, however, my lease already started in the other place. Both of these places are under the same jurisdiction (same zip codes). I received my NoA on June 26th and waiting for bio and interview letters. Based on what I read here and other folks' experience on reddit, AR-11 is not being effective in most of the times and USCIS are sending the letters to the old addresses. I have the phone number of the future tenet here and I can get those mails from them.

1- Since USPS will remove my name from the post box (I saw that happened for the previous tenet) after I move out from this place, is it possible that they see the name under the box and say it's not this person and don't deliver the mail and send it back to USCIS? I'm asking this since I read somewhere that mails are being sent back to USCIS for wrong address.

2- Based on your experience, do you suggest for me to go through AR-11 or just wait to get the mails from future tenet? As of today, my bio and interview are not scheduled when I checked with the Tier 1 agent.

Thank you!

My FTJ outcome so far :
My wife went to the interview on June 30 ..everything was fine however there was a confusion. The officer had though im comming with her but my wife was able to clarify shes a follow to join. They retained her passport for visa printing , however it has been 2 weeks now. The only update we have at this time is - "We unable to print the visa due to a technical issues and we are in contact with USCIS and KCC" - im assuming they cant print the visa due to my file not being there ? (pending i824)...They also confirmed they requested my file from USCIS.
Im trying to fig out what they mean technical issue - any thoughts?
Congrats in your wife being interviewed. I am curious how did she get the interview? Did she call the embassy or it was KCC-embassy route?

Congrats in your wife being interviewed. I am curious how did she get the interview? Did she call the embassy or it was KCC-embassy route?
I called the embassy and explained them about the urgency and they initiated everything from their end without me even filing the i824

Hi Mom,

I have two question regarding change of address. I went through all the posts of change of address in this forum. I'll be moving out from my current place in 3 weeks, however, my lease already started in the other place. Both of these places are under the same jurisdiction (same zip codes). I received my NoA on June 26th and waiting for bio and interview letters. Based on what I read here and other folks' experience on reddit, AR-11 is not being effective in most of the times and USCIS are sending the letters to the old addresses. I have the phone number of the future tenet here and I can get those mails from them.

1- Since USPS will remove my name from the post box (I saw that happened for the previous tenet) after I move out from this place, is it possible that they see the name under the box and say it's not this person and don't deliver the mail and send it back to USCIS? I'm asking this since I read somewhere that mails are being sent back to USCIS for wrong address.

2- Based on your experience, do you suggest for me to go through AR-11 or just wait to get the mails from future tenet? As of today, my bio and interview are not scheduled when I checked with the Tier 1 agent.

Thank you!
in my case i did the AR 11 - my bio and interview was not scheduled at that time. However i had no issues with it ..both my bio and interview arrived at the new address. Also i made sure to do address forwarding with USPS so whatever mail i get at the old address gets forwarded to the new address. The address forwarding happens for 1 year i guess, so you will be covered even if they send it to your old address

How to know my field office? How it is determined and who determines it? I live in Athens, GA so my field office will be Atlanta, GA?
Use FO locator:

Hi,

Will anything happen if I go to the FO in person? it is very close to my house! I am really frustrated about the appointments. Two other applicants with the same case as mine and the same NOA receive-date and in the same FO and probably with the same IO has gotten appointment and no progress happens to my case! this is really weird!