• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello, Mom.

I received my IL today and it was scheduled on 08/17 NY FO. I am T.P.S. holder.
in the required documents they asked me about G-325 A biographic information. in addition to I-508 waiver of rights, privileges, exemptions and immunities under section 247(b) of the INA.
my time line is:
current on June.
send my file on May 13
received text message on May 26.
June 10th bio was waved.
July 15th I received the IL.
August 17 interview scheduled.
My Questions is;
Is the form I-508 required just because I had TPS?
what should I put in Part 1 section 5 U.S state Department personal Identification number (PID)?, I never had one.
second, they also send me paper with Diversity Visa I-485 attachment which require evidence of financial support, evidence of required education, notification letter from KCC, I-693 medical examination report and the birth certificate of the applicant. even though I sent all of this with the original package, do I have to do it all again or I can Ignore it ?

thanks for your unlimited support.

Attachments

• scan 2021-07-16 00h59.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 29
USCIS customer service (800) 375-5283.
When you call, you need to get past the automated responses and ask to speak to an agent (Tier 1). The wait time is around an hour.

When you do get a hold of the Tier 1 agent, describe your situation well and the time-sensitive nature of DV cases, and ask to schedule for a Tier 2 agent. The key is to reiterate the urgency of your case.

Only then, can a Tier 2 agent help you with your biometrics.
After how long after receiving your NOA you request the tier 2 agent, for me it s been 25 days since my NOA. Do you suggest me to call them as well?

Hello, Mom.

I received my IL today and it was scheduled on 08/17 NY FO. I am T.P.S. holder.
in the required documents they asked me about G-325 A biographic information. in addition to I-508 waiver of rights, privileges, exemptions and immunities under section 247(b) of the INA.
my time line is:
current on June.
send my file on May 13
received text message on May 26.
June 10th bio was waved.
July 15th I received the IL.
August 17 interview scheduled.
My Questions is;
Is the form I-508 required just because I had TPS?
what should I put in Part 1 section 5 U.S state Department personal Identification number (PID)?, I never had one.
second, they also send me paper with Diversity Visa I-485 attachment which require evidence of financial support, evidence of required education, notification letter from KCC, I-693 medical examination report and the birth certificate of the applicant. even though I sent all of this with the original package, do I have to do it all again or I can Ignore it ?

thanks for your unlimited support.
1. Where you ever in A, G, or E status prior to being in TPS? If no, an I508 is not applicable to you, you can safely ignore the request. Same with the G-325A - it is only applicable to someone applying for deferred inspection.
2. Even if they didn’t list out all those documents, you should have been planning on taking the original of the documents you already submitted, with the exception of the medical report (since you’ve already submitted the original), you’ll take the copy of that.

@Filo222 I told the Tier 1 agent:
1) I have an extremely time-sensitive case
2) DV cases have a deadline in September
3) Other people that filed the same time I did already made progress
4) I would like to make a biometrics appointment.
If you can say anything else that helps, go ahead.

When the Tier 1 agent is convinced that your case is urgent, he'll schedule a Tier 2 callback (time varies).

When Tier 2 calls back, they can either schedule you or, in my case, put you in a scheduling queue and give you a timeline on when to expect news.

@Filo222 I told the Tier 1 agent:
1) I have an extremely time-sensitive case
2) DV cases have a deadline in September
3) Other people that filed the same time I did already made progress
4) I would like to make a biometrics appointment.
If you can say anything else that helps, go ahead.

When the Tier 1 agent is convinced that your case is urgent, he'll schedule a Tier 2 callback (time varies).

When Tier 2 calls back, they can either schedule you or, in my case, put you in a scheduling queue and give you a timeline on when to expect news.

Can Tier 2 agents schedule an interview or just biometrics appointment?

1. Where you ever in A, G, or E status prior to being in TPS? If no, an I508 is not applicable to you, you can safely ignore the request. Same with the G-325A - it is only applicable to someone applying for deferred inspection.
2. Even if they didn’t list out all those documents, you should have been planning on taking the original of the documents you already submitted, with the exception of the medical report (since you’ve already submitted the original), you’ll take the copy of that.
Thanks. I never been in A,G or E status.
I have the originals of all of them except the I-134. I sent the original and did not have copy. Should I get another original copy from my sponsor?
thanks again.

You’ve completed your biometrics recently. How is this option supposed to work for you?

Yeah I don't think it will be much helpful now. I was thinking since DV has a time constraint, they would give me an approximation on when to expect the IL.

They will probably say that your case is being processed and you will soon receive a notice informing you of the next step. If you want to place an inquiry, ask a tier 1 agent to open one directly with your FO.
Thank you! I'm not sure if I should wait for another one or two weeks before doing this. It's been a week since I had my bio appointment. I received NOA on May 30th.

I just checked the timeline and from what I saw, 8 out of 16 applicants who became current in May have their interview scheduled. For those who became current in June, 10 people got their interview scheduled so far.

Thank you! I'm not sure if I should wait for another one or two weeks before doing this. It's been a week since I had my bio appointment. I received NOA on May 30th.
I think you can wait at least a couple of weeks since you completed your bio appointment recently.