• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi everyone

So I missed my biometrics appointments by a month now (Personal reasons, USCIS know about it) but I’m still waiting for them to reschedule.
Do you all think a “walk in” can work?
Because I’ve seen many of you attempted early walk ins, but I don’t know if that works for late walk ins
Let me all know what you think.
Mom and Susie your answers will be highly appreciated

thanks!

Hey all, I saw in my informed delivery that there are three letters from the FO in the mail today – I hope this is good news, but I was only expecting one letter each for my spouse and me with the appointment time. The third letter is addressed to both of us. Does anyone have an idea what it could be? I know I should just be patient and wait for the mail, but you know how nerve-racking these things can be.

I believe speculating as to what it might be is pointless, you’ll just have to be patient seeing the mail will show up in the next couple of hours.

Alright, good news! For some reason they sent us the biometric appointment letters again. The third letter was the interview appointment notification! Our interview will be on August 17. We’re so relieved and happy! Thanks, Sm1smom, for the reminder to stay calm and patient. Sometimes informed delivery can make you quite nervous. I’ve updated the spreadsheet with our latest dates and will keep y’all posted about the biometrics and interview appointments. Fingers crossed you all receive your letters soon, too!

Alright, good news! For some reason they sent us the biometric appointment letters again. The third letter was the interview appointment notification! Our interview will be on August 17. We’re so relieved and happy! Thanks, Sm1smom, for the reminder to stay calm and patient. Sometimes informed delivery can make you quite nervous. I’ve updated the spreadsheet with our latest dates and will keep y’all posted about the biometrics and interview appointments. Fingers crossed you all receive your letters soon, too!
Great news re the IL!

Could you please add your info to the timeline as well?
& Congrats on receiving the IL.

Hi, congrats to all people that received their acceptance texts on this week!

How do you think, would it be better to send the second package cause it seems that the first one has got lost somewhere in the office/got to a person who doesn’t understand the time importance for dv cases?

I can see that people now got their acceptance texts in 6, 8, 14-15 days. Seems my package landed to the same person that was accepted Applachian (who waited 40 days!!), MKH (34), bsmaidan (54)…
I sent my second package after 31 days and received the acceptance for the first one in the same day the second one delivered. Since the remaining time is shrinking , now you may not wait that long. Use a payment method that can be cancelled easily so that you can kill the application as soon as the other one accepted.

Hi everyone

So I missed my biometrics appointments by a month now (Personal reasons, USCIS know about it) but I’m still waiting for them to reschedule.
Because I’ve seen many of you attempted early walk ins, but I don’t know if that works for late walk ins

thanks!
Did you actually contact USCIS (prior to the appointment date) to inform them you will not be able to make your bio appointment as scheduled and requested to be rescheduled?

Did you actually contact USCIS (prior to the appointment date) to inform them you will not be able to make your bio appointment as scheduled and requested to be rescheduled?
I contacted them after I missed the appointement, told them the reason and they said it’s okay and that they will reschedule me.
But I’m thinking of trying a walk in now.

Got my Tier 2 call back just now. By far the rudest and most incomprehensible USCIS employee I've ever talked to.
Simply told me I should receive a mail by end of this month for biometrics.

He wasn't all that reassuring, and quite frankly I don't trust him, so is it still possible to not receive anything by end of the month even after a Tier 2 agent gave a timeline?

Don't exactly remember, but I think he said something along the lines of he "put in a request for scheduling with FO".

You may have considered him “rude” but it sounds like he actually did what you wanted him to do, I’m somewhat baffled by your response to that here.

Hi everyone

thanks!
I would try a walk-in if I were you, what do you have to lose? (It would have been better to reschedule in advance though not after the fact, but that’s water under the bridge)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
A quick update on our case:

We went for our biometrics appointment yesterday (our appointments were 4 hours apart but they let us do biometrics one after the other anyway) which was pretty straightforward and before I could even inform the technician about USCIS' administrative typo in my last name, she noticed it and told me that she will be adding the correct spelling as an alias/other-name since she cannot correct the error (Thank you @Sm1smom and @Blade_ ) and recommended that we submit a request to correct this.
However, while the technician was capturing our fingerprints, 5 of my wife's and 2 of my fingers weren't perfect even after multiple attempts (it kept showing an orange mark with a 'no match' message). The technician said the prints were okay but she's not sure if the FBI would accept the fingerprints or not. She also mentioned that the same thing happened with other people who were in before us.
1. Has this been seen before?
2. Anything we need to do to check if the fingerprints went through or anything we need to do in general regarding this to avoid having to wait for another biometrics appointment?

Moreover, today we received two letters in the mail from the FO. Those turned out to be RFEs for the medical exam form (that we didn't include in our package but we have them in hand now).
3. Do we send both medical exams along with copies of the RFE letters (they asked to send a copy of the RFE letter with the package) in one package to them or do we need to send two separate packages?
4. Any idea if this needs to be done via USPS or can it be done via Fedex/UPS? (The field office address they included is NOT a PO Box)

@Sm1smom , your insight on this would be appreciated as always ^_^

I contacted them after I missed the appointement, told them the reason and they said it’s okay and that they will reschedule me.
Hmmn! You have probably made a major mistake waiting until after the appointment to request a reschedule. I'm guessing they told you on the phone they will reschedule you? You can take that with a grain of salt, your case is most likely considered abandoned due to your failure to show up for the bio as scheduled. Per the USCIS Manual:
"USCIS considers a person to have abandoned his or her application, petition, or request if he or she fails to appear for the biometrics appointment unless, by the appointment time, USCIS receives a change of address or rescheduling request that it concludes warrants excusing the failure to appear"

Hi everyone,
A quick update on our case:

We went for our biometrics appointment yesterday (our appointments were 4 hours apart but they let us do biometrics one after the other anyway) which was pretty straightforward and before I could even inform the technician about USCIS' administrative typo in my last name, she noticed it and told me that she will be adding the correct spelling as an alias/other-name since she cannot correct the error (Thank you @Sm1smom and @Blade_ ) and recommended that we submit a request to correct this.
However, while the technician was capturing our fingerprints, 5 of my wife's and 2 of my fingers weren't perfect even after multiple attempts (it kept showing an orange mark with a 'no match' message). The technician said the prints were okay but she's not sure if the FBI would accept the fingerprints or not. She also mentioned that the same thing happened with other people who were in before us.
1. Has this been seen before?
2. Anything we need to do to check if the fingerprints went through or anything we need to do in general regarding this to avoid having to wait for another biometrics appointment?

Moreover, today we received two letters in the mail from the FO. Those turned out to be RFEs for the medical exam form (that we didn't include in our package but we have them in hand now).
3. Do we send both medical exams along with copies of the RFE letters (they asked to send a copy of the RFE letter with the package) in one package to them or do we need to send two separate packages?
4. Any idea if this needs to be done via USPS or can it be done via Fedex/UPS? (The field office address they included is NOT a PO Box)

@Sm1smom , your insight on this would be appreciated as always ^_^
1&2: If the collected prints turn out to be non-usable, you will be requested to visit your nearest local police station to obtain a clearance report. There is nothing you can do from your end for now, until (if) they get back to you on this.
3. You can attach copies of the RFE to each medical report and send together in one package.
4. That is your call. Send with whatever method you like, I however recommend you send it with a trackable option.

My appointment letter said that I had to call BEFORE the appointment if I needed to reschedule it. I remember that my lawyer really emphasized that if I missed the appointment without letting USCIS know, my case would be considered abandoned.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that Mom already replied to you.

My appointment letter said that I had to call BEFORE the appointment if I needed to reschedule it. I remember that my lawyer really emphasized that if I missed the appointment without letting USCIS know, my case would be considered abandoned.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that Mom already replied to you.
I couldn’t inform them before. I did told them the reason and they scheduled me for a call with a Tier 2 officer to reschedule my appointment. Is it
a good sign?And should I consider a walk in?

I couldn’t inform them before. I did told them the reason and they scheduled me for a call with a Tier 2 officer to reschedule my appointment. Is it
a good sign?And should I consider a walk in?
IF I was you, I will try a later time and say is it urgent and explain why it is urgent. I tried but said it was not urgent so they did not allow me.

What number is everyone calling to inquire about biometrics?
USCIS customer service (800) 375-5283.
When you call, you need to get past the automated responses and ask to speak to an agent (Tier 1). The wait time is around an hour.

When you do get a hold of the Tier 1 agent, describe your situation well and the time-sensitive nature of DV cases, and ask to schedule for a Tier 2 agent. The key is to reiterate the urgency of your case.

Only then, can a Tier 2 agent help you with your biometrics.