• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello all I hope everyone is doing well
Me and my children’s interview has been scheduled and my biometrics has been waived. One issue remains is that my children (18 and 15) have no updates regarding their biometrics. Would my children’s delay in biometrics affect my case or will the IO primarily care about me?
2) should I call UCIS to attempt to schedule biometrics interview? If so is there a template anyone has been following?
thank you all for your help I wish great luck to every one.
1. The IO certainly will not approve your children’s applications without their having completed the bio.
2. You can try, no guarantee the call center agent will be willing to do so. Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS spreadsheet regarding attending the interview without having completed the bio - the interview reschedule option will most likely not apply in this case since you the main applicant already got bio waived.

Hi, everybody. I had a question about my I-20. So I got my for 1 year on August of last year. And as on the picture it is not expired yet. And my interview date is 07.27.2021. When I go to interview can I take this I-20 or I should renew it for next year? But as I mentioned there is more than 1 month left to expire it. And my another question which else documents should I get from my language school when I go to interview. Thank you for your answers View attachment 2773
1. You’re still in a valid status for interview purpose, so you don’t need to do anything. If you want to have a backup fall back option should in case your AOS gets denied for any reason, then plan on renewing before it expires.
2. Take a look at the Interview Tips tab of the AOS process spreadsheet for further guidance on what to take to your interview.

I submitted my ds-260 on December 2020, but I did not get 2NL, can you please let me know the procedure to know if my file was send to the field office or not. I already contacted Kentucky through an email a week ago
Only the KCC can confirm that, or the IO at the time of the interview. The information about the state of the DS260 is irrelevant.

I did submit DS-260 and I've got my GC. My DS-260 is still at KCC.
That is what the DS260 will show for all AOSers who submitted one regardless of wether they’ve been interviewed, approved, or not. It however doesn’t mean it wasn’t included as part of the KCC case file that got sent to the FO. The CEAC status for AOS based DS260 doesn’t get updated like those of CP folks.

Hey all, I saw in my informed delivery that there are three letters from the FO in the mail today – I hope this is good news, but I was only expecting one letter each for my spouse and me with the appointment time. The third letter is addressed to both of us. Does anyone have an idea what it could be? I know I should just be patient and wait for the mail, but you know how nerve-racking these things can be.

HI,

My AOS package was delivered on July 01, 2021, to the Chicago lockbox. Yesterday, I received a text message from USCIS that my application was received with the receipt number. What will be the next procedure for biometrics and interview ? I just created a USCIS account and added the case.

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    113 KB · Views: 13
HI,

My AOS package was delivered on July 01, 2021, to the Chicago lockbox. Yesterday, I received a text message from USCIS that my application was received with the receipt number. What will be the next procedure for biometrics and interview ? I just created a USCIS account and added the case.

Thanks

Next you'll get your notice of action letter in the mail - that's your official confirmation that your case was accepted. After that, you should be getting a bitometrics letter and an interview letter. How long they take, and which one you get first is totally up in the air at the moment unfortunately. Your best bet is to look at the timelines spreadsheet. Also please add your own info to the timelines if you haven't already!

I got a call back from tire 2 agent. It was from the FO. When i explain that urgency of my case to have bio an interview to be scheduled, he said that the criteria does not match for an infopass appointment. Does that mean tire 1 made a wrong appointment ?

Hey all, I saw in my informed delivery that there are three letters from the FO in the mail today – I hope this is good news, but I was only expecting one letter each for my spouse and me with the appointment time. The third letter is addressed to both of us. Does anyone have an idea what it could be? I know I should just be patient and wait for the mail, but you know how nerve-racking these things can be.
I believe speculating as to what it might be is pointless, you’ll just have to be patient seeing the mail will show up in the next couple of hours.

I got a call back from tire 2 agent. It was from the FO. When i explain that urgency of my case to have bio an interview to be scheduled, he said that the criteria does not match for an infopass appointment. Does that mean tire 1 made a wrong appointment ?
Maybe you want to share when you requested a tier 2 appointment and how you convinced the tier 1 and what was the timeline for callback. People like yourself will appreciate it.

DS-260 is required, I did submit it in March. I did not receive the 2NL. I sent an email to the KCC on June 3rd asking for the 2NL and they reply to me on July 13 as the following:
Thank you for your inquiry.
Please direct your inquiry to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) at 1-800-375-5283 or visit https://uscis.gov.
Did you show the confirmation page to the FO? try to call the KCC and inform them.

Last edited:
I just told tire 1 that my case is time-sensitive and whether he/she can help me to schedule tire2 appointment. Then he/she made the appointment and told that I will get a call within 72 hours and I did.
But They said my inquiry (bio and interview) does not meet the criteria for info pass. Was it an infopass appointment for others? And was it from FO?

Last edited:
I just told tire 1 that my case is time-sensitive and whether he/she can help me to schedule tire2 appointment. Then he/she made the appointment and told that I will get a call within 72 hours and I did.
It would be great if you can add your timeline, that way we would know how long you have been waiting before your tier 2 callback and if you just tried to get a hold of a tier 2 too early.

Hi guys! I am looking for a specific person in the timeline as we share FO, in the spreadsheet they are listed as MacFrenchy but I could not find anyone with that username. MacFrenchy, if you read this, let me know! We are the only ones from NOLA this year.

Hi guys! I am looking for a specific person in the timeline as we share FO, in the spreadsheet they are listed as MacFrenchy but I could not find anyone with that username. MacFrenchy, if you read this, let me know! We are the only ones from NOLA this year.
Maybe @Machidargos ? From France and lives in New Orleans.