• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Today I received and email from my FO regarding the missing NOA (The email was sent in my son's name who's NOA was returned to USCIS due to wrong address on the letter). They emailed that We completed the address change you requested.
1. Does it mean that our packages are already at the FO?
2. Does this change of address delay the process further?
Thank you so much!
1. Probably.
2. No.

Good day guys!
I already received the text message for my confirmation case. I am waiting the official letter. Now, I have a question: What is the time to the next step? I mean, what is the next step and how long I have to wait to go to my interview???
Thank you

Good day guys!
I already received the text message for my confirmation case. I am waiting the official letter. Now, I have a question: What is the time to the next step? I mean, what is the next step and how long I have to wait to go to my interview???
Thank you

It's impossible to say for sure. It varies from weeks to months. Look at the timelines in the spreadsheet, especially for people in the same area as you, if there are any.

Good day guys!
Thank you
Technically the next step is the biometrics, but some people are getting the interview first. To get a rough estimate of how long you'll have to wait, you can take a look at the timelines on the spreadsheet and look up people from your same ASC and FO.

Good afternoon,
I confirmed right now that USCIS Chicago has cashed out $1225. I haven't received an acceptance text or mail yet, but can the cashout basically be said that the submission data has been accepted by USCIS Chicago?
Thank you,

Good afternoon,
I confirmed right now that USCIS Chicago has cashed out $1225. I haven't received an acceptance text or mail yet, but can the cashout basically be said that the submission data has been accepted by USCIS Chicago?
Thank you,
If payment has been processed, it means the package has been accepted by the Chicago Lockbox.

I was once told the same thing but they called after 11 days.
I got the call today from Tier 2. I spoke with tier 2 agent and she gave me a referral ID. She said that she has notified my FO of the urgency of my case and I should expect any kind of correspondence from my FO within July 29. She told me that i should call back again if i do not receive any kind of update.

I got the call today from Tier 2. I spoke with tier 2 agent and she gave me a referral ID. She said that she has notified my FO of the urgency of my case and I should expect any kind of correspondence from my FO within July 29. She told me that i should call back again if i do not receive any kind of update.
Hopefully you'll hear from the FO soon.
Could you please share with us when you requested for a Tier 2 call back?
Thanks,

Hopefully you'll hear from the FO soon.
Could you please share with us when you requested for a Tier 2 call back?
Thanks,
It was yesterday. I spoke to Tier 1, he was unaware of the Diversity-Visa situation so I had to walk him through and tell him about limited time for the applicants under the category. I did not have to request Tier 2. He voluntarily set me for a call yesterday and said I should expect the call within 3 days. I received the call today at 10:00 am CST.

It was yesterday. I spoke to Tier 1, he was unaware of the Diversity-Visa situation so I had to walk him through and tell him about limited time for the applicants under the category. I did not have to request Tier 2. He voluntarily set me for a call yesterday and said I should expect the call within 3 days. I received the call today at 10:00 am CST.
It's interesting to see they can call back this fast!
So, it depends on the Tier 1 person I guess (how willing they'd be to help)

It's interesting to see they can call back this fast!
So, it depends on the Tier 1 person I guess (how willing they'd be to help)
I wasn't expecting to get it this quick as well. That was my third attempt to get to tier 2 but other tier 1 did not seem willing to help. It totally depends on the tier 1 agent as well

Thanks for sharing. Just a question, what did you exactly ask Tier1 that made her place the callback request? You mentioned that what DV is, and that you haven't received any communications since 6/29?

PS: Welcome to page 400 everyone!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Just a question, what did you exactly ask Tier1 that made her place the callback request? You mentioned that what DV is, and that you haven't received any communications since 6/29?

PS: Welcome to page 400 everyone!
Yes that is exactly what happened. I did not need to do any further explanation. He just set me up gor tier 2

Hello All,

I received the acceptance text and AOS payment is cashed. Hoping to receive my NOA soon and not to have any more problems. I've already lost 64 days because of late processing (44 days) and payment failure. I gave the details on time sheet. Even if my daughter and I could get GC, I don't think there is time for my husband to do FTJ. Still trying to stay positive!

My interview was 14 days ago. It was straightforward questions from I-485, the officer asked only for the passport at the beginning of the interview. The officer told me that he is just waiting my KCC file to approve my case, till now he did not update my case and it is still an interview is schedule since May 26 , is that normal? How long will take till he take the final decision, should I take any action for now specially my EAD will expire soon.

Inspired by @Saviour96, I've decided to call USCIS again.
Tier 1 agent was the sweetest person ever and got me a Tier 2 call back in 72 hours (instead of waiting for the call back I scheduled on June 28th).

However, I did not get an email receipt. Is that a problem?
IMO, in your case it makes more sense, as you were waiting for more than 16 days for a tier 2 callback, so it was them not responding in a timely manner.

EDIT: May I ask 1. if you were given the 14 days timeframe or 20 days timeframe on June 28? 2. Did you mention your previous callback request?

Last edited: