• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I just received a text from USCIS that my case was received.
I got the case number that starts with MSC
I checked that online, it says that they received the Fingerprint Fee on July 12th.
is that the case number I should follow?

Hi guys. I was stupid and was in a hurry to pay fi per dv 330. instead of the case number, I indicated the win number dv. the money was cashed 4 weeks ago. I never received the envelope with the check. What would you do if you were me? I know this is the most asked question on this forum and I read the risks of sending without payment in the plate. Would you pay again and wait for a new check? You would send a package of documents with 485 form and attach proof that you paid?

Good evening,

I don't understand what's going on. I have been waiting for more than a month for my receipt for the dv fees and yesterday I receive a message from Kcc saying that my interview location has been changed from Adjustment of Status to Paris.

I'm so confused, I don't know what to do.

Hi guys. I was stupid and was in a hurry to pay fi per dv 330. instead of the case number, I indicated the win number dv. the money was cashed 4 weeks ago. I never received the envelope with the check. What would you do if you were me? I know this is the most asked question on this forum and I read the risks of sending without payment in the plate. Would you pay again and wait for a new check? You would send a package of documents with 485 form and attach proof that you paid?
You read about the slight risk. Personally, I would send my package now considering that you have 79 days left to get your case approved. In the meantime, email KCC and ask if they can email you your receipt. I don't know if they will send it considering that you did not tell them your case number, but you can always pay that again if you want. It's your choice, though.

EDIT: Can you clarify what you mean by "instead of the case number, I indicated the win number dv."? What is the win number?

Last edited:
Good evening,

I don't understand what's going on. I have been waiting for more than a month for my receipt for the dv fees and yesterday I receive a message from Kcc saying that my interview location has been changed from Adjustment of Status to Paris.

I'm so confused, I don't know what to do.
That is very weird. Was their message a reply to an email you sent?

Hi mom,

My current EAD expires on July, 23 and I still didn't get my interview scheduled. (Only received the NOA Letter on July 2).

1. Would submitting a congressional request speed up the process?
2. Do you think the expiration of my EAD could be a base for expedite request under "financial loss"?

Thanks so much!
1. Not necessarily, considering your case hasn’t been pending a while, you recently got your NOA.
2. You can request if you like, I however do not think you’ll qualify based on that. You don’t need a GC in order to work. If you had included form I-765 with your AOS package, they might have considered expediting the AOS based EAD card.

That is very weird. Was their message a reply to an email you sent?
This is a discussion I had in April when I was supposed to be in Paris, I asked if my documents had been received. Mary from KCC told me that They had stopped the treatment because my address was in the USA. I had asked to stay in consular processing and at the end of May she told me that it was not possible. I received the 2NL from Daniel for the AOS shortly after and I started the process here.

But then on the same first discussion I received this message from Nicki a new person who took over the file.

In another message but this time with Daniel I had asked to receive the receipt for the fees by email and I am still waiting for the answer from this person.

Two people told me that I was in AOS and now a third one tells me that I am supposed to be in Paris.

It's a mess.

This is a discussion I had in April when I was supposed to be in Paris, I asked if my documents had been received. Mary from KCC told me that They had stopped the treatment because my address was in the USA. I had asked to stay in consular processing and at the end of May she told me that it was not possible. I received the 2NL from Daniel for the AOS shortly after and I started the process here.

But then on the same first discussion I received this message from Nicki a new person who took over the file.

In another message but this time with Daniel I had asked to receive the receipt for the fees by email and I am still waiting for the answer from this person.

Two people told me that I was in AOS and now a third one tells me that I am supposed to be in Paris.

It's a mess.
Looks like you and the KCC got your wires crossed somehow, and you couldn’t quite decide on the process to go with considering as of May 21st, you were still trying to chase down the Paris embassy per your post.

KCC will typically not processing a case that indicates CP on the DS260 form even if the address is listed as the US (although it helps to list the address in the home country as that helps establish your ties to the embassy you’re selecting).

It's a shame that I can't call them, they always answer my messages 3 to 4 weeks later.

I don't know what to do. It looks like I'm doomed. :(

Looks like you and the KCC got your wires crossed somehow, and you couldn’t quite decide on the process to go with considering as of May 21st, you were still trying to chase down the Paris embassy per your post.

KCC will typically not processing a case that indicates CP on the DS260 form even if the address is listed as the US (although it helps to list the address in the home country as that helps establish your ties to the embassy you’re selecting).
At the beginning I was AOS on my DS 260 and it's still AOS. But I asked for a change in November. My address is still the same in the US.

At the beginning I was AOS on my DS 260 and it's still AOS. But I asked for a change in November. My address is still the same in the US.
This is where the confusion came from. When you decided to switch to CP in November, you should have also unlocked the DS260 form and updated the address to reflect France, in addition to emailing and requesting to switch to CP. Looks like you didn’t quite complete the switch request back then. This explains why Mary told you it was too late to switch in April when you asked about your documents - she saw your US address on the form.

Hello, guys I called USCIS and spoke with tier 1 agent and told him about the situation of me running out of time to wait for expedition of the process. So he told me that he had scheduled me for tier 2 agent. I should except a call from tier 2 within 3 days. I see many applicants being told to wait at least 2 weeks. Is this normal for him to give me a tier 2 callback so quickly?

Hello, guys I called USCIS and spoke with tier 1 agent and told him about the situation of me running out of time to wait for expedition of the process. So he told me that he had scheduled me for tier 2 agent. I should except a call from tier 2 within 3 days. I see many applicants being told to wait at least 2 weeks. Is this normal for him to give me a tier 2 callback so quickly?
somehow he believes that your issue is urgent. Hence the 3 days timeline.

This is where the confusion came from. When you decided to switch to CP in November, you should have also unlocked the DS260 form and updated the address to reflect France, in addition to emailing and requesting to switch to CP. Looks like you didn’t quite complete the switch request back then. This explains why Mary told you it was too late to switch in April when you asked about your documents - she saw your US address on the form.
Thanks Sm1smom, I also think the confusion comes from this.

somehow he believes that your issue is urgent. Hence the 3 days timeline.
I was once told the same thing but they called after 11 days.

Thanks Sm1smom, I also think the confusion comes from this.
Just out of curiosity - for AOSers the ds260 doesnt really matter right. Cant you just go ahead with you AOS process here in the US although ds260 needs correction( you can in the meantime email them). Just a thought i might be wrong!

Just out of curiosity - for AOSers the ds260 doesnt really matter right. Cant you just go ahead with you AOS process here in the US although ds260 needs correction( you can in the meantime email them). Just a thought i might be wrong!
Yes, the DS260 submission or non submission doesn’t matter in general for AOS. However OP’s situation is just about the listed address on the DS260 form, the KCC file which is required for case adjudication has already been forwarded to the Paris embassy based on the back and forth communications they had with the KCC.

Yes, OP can continue with the AOS process which they’ve already started, BUT they will now need to coordinate with the Paris embassy to get that case file back to the FO. KCC will not retrieve and re-send the case file to the FO for AOS adjudication if it has indeed been forwarded to the embassy.

1. You’ve taken all the necessary steps and done everything that should be done from your end. Now, you just need to be patient.
2. I can’t give you a specific time frame, you’ll just need to also be patient and give the process enough time to work its course. However, if you feel you’ve waited long enough, you can go ahead and initiate one, but bear in mind this is a one time shot which you don’t want to waste. Doing a congressional inquiry on a case that has hardly been pending long enough isn’t likely to make any difference
Today I received and email from my FO regarding the missing NOA (The email was sent in my son's name who's NOA was returned to USCIS due to wrong address on the letter). They emailed that We completed the address change you requested.
1. Does it mean that our packages are already at the FO?
2. Does this change of address delay the process further?
Thank you so much!