• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello mom,

We had our interview today. It was so quick (15 minutes), and the officer was really nice. The interview was super easy. The officer called our names, and we followed him to his office. We gave the oath, and the officer asked questions from I-485 (last arrival, graduation date, visa status, and security questions). Also, the officer asked about the question that we made the error. Then he corrected it and told us it is not a big deal. Same time, we informed about the error and double filing (we got our rejected package yesterday). The officer did not ask for any documents, and he asked us to sign the I-485 for the correction the officer made. Then he asked about our studies and told us that the case was approved. We gave the job offer letter, enrollment verification, and tax transcript. When we come to the car park, the case status changed to "New card is being produced."

Our special thanks go to Mom for her invaluable suggestions and guide us in the correct direction throughout this process. Really appreciate your time and support.

Also, we would like to thank everyone in the forum for sharing their experience, and this forum is a great resource. We wish everyone in this forum good luck.
congratulations:)

I've sent my package but I didn't include the dv fee payment receipt with it since the receipt didn't arrive before I sent my package. Will that be a problem?

Hello mom,

We had our interview today. It was so quick (15 minutes), and the officer was really nice. The interview was super easy. The officer called our names, and we followed him to his office. We gave the oath, and the officer asked questions from I-485 (last arrival, graduation date, visa status, and security questions). Also, the officer asked about the question that we made the error. Then he corrected it and told us it is not a big deal. Same time, we informed about the error and double filing (we got our rejected package yesterday). The officer did not ask for any documents, and he asked us to sign the I-485 for the correction the officer made. Then he asked about our studies and told us that the case was approved. We gave the job offer letter, enrollment verification, and tax transcript. When we come to the car park, the case status changed to "New card is being produced."

Our special thanks go to Mom for her invaluable suggestions and guide us in the correct direction throughout this process. Really appreciate your time and support.

Also, we would like to thank everyone in the forum for sharing their experience, and this forum is a great resource. We wish everyone in this forum good luck.
Congratulations! :)

Hello mom,

Awesome news! Truly happy for you guys. Congratulations :)

Today, again I called USCIS about the Returned NOA letter to the USCIS. The agent said that I was provided with inaccurate information about receiving a response from USCIS. Actually, I should wait for 30 business days to get a response from USCIS. In addition, he said that as long as you have a receipt number it should not be a problem especially when the NOA letter was returned to USCIS. USCIS will send it back possibly along with their response with the 30 business day time window. I also asked him about the Bio and interview letters (I received my NOA on June 1st) he said those who work on your case know about the time-sensitivity of the DV cases. Due to covid, USCIS cannot provide a timeline for my case at this time.

Mom my questions are
1- What else I can/should do about the returned letter to USCIS?
2- When it is time to request Congressman for inquiry about my Bio and interview?

Thank you.
1. You’ve taken all the necessary steps and done everything that should be done from your end. Now, you just need to be patient.
2. I can’t give you a specific time frame, you’ll just need to also be patient and give the process enough time to work its course. However, if you feel you’ve waited long enough, you can go ahead and initiate one, but bear in mind this is a one time shot which you don’t want to waste. Doing a congressional inquiry on a case that has hardly been pending long enough isn’t likely to make any difference

I've sent my package but I didn't include the dv fee payment receipt with it since the receipt didn't arrive before I sent my package. Will that be a problem?

There is a slight chance that your package gets rejected. Read the spreadsheet's FAQ tab for more info.

PS: I sent it w/o receipt as well.

PS2: you posted your question 2 times in the same page :). Be patient.

I am now up to 45 days since receiving my NOA, and still no bio or interview letters.
Yet I am seeing people that have sent in packages well after mine getting both the bio and interview.
My work visa expired a month ago (still current I-94) so my company had to put me on leave until I can work out my diversity visa.
Can anyone help in guiding me to what needs to be done to start getting someone to process my case?
I am willing to travel anywhere in the USA to get my interviews done, could this be a option?

Hi there! We just saw that our check has been cashed today. It is 49 days since the delivery. We have not received NOA yet but it is a progress.
Our second package was also delivered this week but I doubt they cashed the second one.
Will keep it updated.
Wow such a relieve. Hopefully mine will be cashed out soon. I have also sent second package delivered on May 22.

I am willing to travel anywhere in the USA to get my interviews done, could this be a option?
I've heard of IO scheduling bio in another less crowded ASC, but no the interview.

Now that you have been waiting for 6 weeks, it's a good idea to call USCIS and ask to talk to a Tier 2 agent.

We went to the ASC in Salinas, CA shortly after 8 but were told that they are not allowing walk-ins at the moment due to higher volume. The person who attended to us didn't seem very knowledgeable.
She implied that walk-ins will not be accepted for foreseeable future but we will try again next week.

We went to the ASC in Salinas, CA shortly after 8 but were told that they are not allowing walk-ins at the moment due to higher volume. The person who attended to us didn't seem very knowledgeable.
She implied that walk-ins will not be accepted for foreseeable future but we will try again next week.
I would suggest to try another day of the week. Maybe mid-week?

There is a slight chance that your package gets rejected. Read the spreadsheet's FAQ tab for more info.

PS: I sent it w/o receipt as well.

PS2: you posted your question 2 times in the same page :). Be patient.
I did how ever sent the proof of payment, which is the copy of the check and the copy of the envelop in which my payment was sent.

I have a pending I-824 (application for action on an approved application or petition) to request FTJ benefit for my husband. We are preparing for the worst scenario - I-824 is not approved in time so no DV-based FTJ interview for my husband before 9/30/2021. In that case, I will then need to file I-130 (F2A category) for him. I probably could start filing the I-130 now just to get into the line as early as possible.

Question: will filing I-130 now have a negative impact on the pending I-824?

Thank you.

I am now up to 45 days since receiving my NOA, and still no bio or interview letters.
Yet I am seeing people that have sent in packages well after mine getting both the bio and interview.
My work visa expired a month ago (still current I-94) so my company had to put me on leave until I can work out my diversity visa.
Can anyone help in guiding me to what needs to be done to start getting someone to process my case?

Same here, 45 days.

Are you sure you can't work though? I thought it was the I94 date that mattered.

I called USCIS and they scheduled a tier 2 call back. I had to call a couple of times to get someone to agree to do that.

Same here, 45 days.

Are you sure you can't work though? I thought it was the I94 date that mattered.

I called USCIS and they scheduled a tier 2 call back. I had to call a couple of times to get someone to agree to do that.
Unfortunately the LCA has expired. So I can’t work.
Where are you based?
I am in Philadelphia, I have noticed according to the spreadsheet that the wait times are long for this location.
with the current pace I will miss the September deadline.
Did they give you any idea when the call back would be?