• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Don't think so, but when did they schedule your bio? it takes 7-14 days for a mail delivery.
Bio isn’t until aug 18 but considering it was sent on 23rd I was getting a little stressed. If it takes 7-14 days then I suppose I’m within the timeframe. Just wanted to try a walk in because time is of the essence as we know

Bio isn’t until aug 18 but considering it was sent on 23rd I was getting a little stressed. If it takes 7-14 days then I suppose I’m within the timeframe. Just wanted to try a walk in because time is of the essence as we know
It took mine 7 days. I'll expect you to get it on Monday.

Thank you for your quick response, Sm1smom.

Since I don’t have data, I cannot make any assumptions on turnaround times between KCC’s and FOs. I only took into consideration: KCC’s turnaround time to email messages from selectees -which is 2-3 weeks-,and assumed if FO hasn’t requested yet and I email this request, probably it will take around 2 weeks for KCC to send the file. But I didn’t know that KCC will not honor such a request from the selectee. I think I interpreted your answer (#8,378 to dapapa) wrong.

Hey guys! As our interview is scheduled for the next Friday I thought about asking KCC whether they sent my file to the field office. Do you think it makes sense to do it? Could it help in anyways in speeding up our case approval? Thanks!!

Yes, it makes sense to do so and highly encouraged as a matter of fact. You probably may not get a response before your interview though.

When KCC was still open to receiving calls, phoning to find out the status of the KCC was of tremendous help to AOSers. It doesn't mean KCC was forwarding the KCC file when people called to ask about the KCC files, they at least got to know if it was still pending or not. They got to know if their IO already requested the KCC file in advance or not, and in cases where it wasn't requested, applicants were able to gently remind the IO about the need to request the KCC file (which some new IOs were not aware of).

As for the San Bernardino FO, you are completely correct. Not all DV selectees who did AOS are in this forum. I was only hoping to find some more info on San Bernardino FO.

Thanks once again
@Blade_ and @SusieQQQ aptly cleared this up, so I will not be adding any additional response.

Hi mom, just out curiosity what is the response time frame of FO requesting the file of the selectee from KCC?Thank you
Sorry, I’m not going to get into guesstimating some timeframe, having observed the tendency for some to hold on to such and start stressing needlessly over something they have no control over, e.g. estimated time frame for a tier 2 agent to call. The fixation, plus back and forth posts over the 72 hours, 14 days, or 30 days timeframe being provided by tier 1 agents (and some of the observed reactions when no such calls) has taught me to be cautious with being drawn into giving timeframes.

Hello,

Good news I just received the interview invitation for August 20th. I have two questions.

- Only my name and case number were stated in the invitation. My wife is also applying with me, is this normal?
- I havent gotten a biometrics appointment. Can I try to walk in with the interview invitation?

Thank you for your response. I have a couple of more Qs. I would appreciate it if you could give more info on this issues.

1- When you said you filed I-824, do you mean you did online application or you mailed the form to USCIS?
2- Why didn't you submit I-824 after your interview?
3- Did you attach supporting documents to I-824 or your wife took the documents with her to the interview?
4- How did your wife get informed about the interview time? Call, text, email or mail?
5- AFAIK there is a fee for I-824. When did you pay the fee?

Thanks again
1. Mailed it to USCIS
2. Because the FO said i have to wait until the primary applicant is approved
3 Wife took the documents to the interview
4- Emailed by the embassy
5- Sent a check along with the i-824

oh awesome! i haven't received mine yet. it seems it's stuck with usps still. and it was sent July 23! going to call uscis on monday as they said to do this if i haven't received it by then. are you going to walk into san fernando? wishing you luck, let me know if you're successful!
You probably going to get the bio letter on Monday or Tuesday.
I'm planning to go to San Fernando on Monday morning.

I thought, People in Chicago FO don't seem to be going smoothly in timeline.
Compared to what, exactly? I mean, how much exactly do you know about the general volume of applications/interviews that the chicago FO handles on say a weekly or monthly basis? Do you know how far in advance they normally schedule these other interviews, and how much scope/advance time they therefore have to slot DV interviews in when such files arrive at the FO? (I know at my FO most other interviews are set 1-2 months in advance, as example.) Or do you just assume that because you don’t get an interview as soon as you would like that

Chicago FO doesn't working?
Really?

FYI on a quarterly basis (latest data 1q of this year) Chicago FO received 3.3k i485 applications, worked through about the same number of applications during the quarter, and at the end of the quarter still had 17.2k i485 applications pending. And don’t forget they also deal with ROC and naturalization interviews, among other things such as issuing N600 certificates. Just for some context for you. I am quite sure they are “working”.

FYI on a quarterly basis (latest data 1q of this year) Chicago FO received 3.3k i485 applications, worked through about the same number of applications during the quarter, and at the end of the quarter still had 17.2k i485 applications pending. And don’t forget they also deal with ROC and naturalization interviews, among other things such as issuing N600 certificates. Just for some context for you. I am quite sure they are “working”.
thank you for let me know. I should stop whining. sorry about that.

Just make sure your delivery is delayed, and not that mail carrier did not deliver it.
The letter sent by the FO seems to be an automated status update in response to the service inquiry I made last Monday via emma (So no IL yet). Letter said: "Our records show that your I-485 is currently pending interview we regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay"

Type of service that was requested was, expedite....So I guess that's not happening.

There was no further information. I guess I will keep waiting, and ponder submitting congressional inquiry in a week or two.

The letter sent by the FO seems to be an automated status update in response to the service inquiry I made last Monday via emma (So no IL yet). Letter said: "Our records show that your I-485 is currently pending interview we regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay"

Type of service that was requested was, expedite....So I guess that's not happening.

There was no further information. I guess I will keep waiting, and ponder submitting congressional inquiry in a week or two.
I see. Thanks for updating us! Hopefully, we'll have our ILs by that time, and no need for the inquiry.