• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Why would he keep that? Wouldn't we need that for a future application?

Im sorry, but I can't understand this part. Do you mean that you did biometric twice?

Did you explain this to him? That just shows how important it is to email KCC (note to self).

With this newbie in charge of Chicago's DV cases, no wonder why I don't have my interview/bio letters in my hand till this moment.
Hi @Blade_
I agree with Mom & Susie’s comments about him earlier. He’s probably new and someone else does the final approval of the case. He did mention that not many DVs are processed through Chicago.

My answers to your questions:
The EAD cards that were taken were expired so they are not if any use to us anymore anyway so I didn’t have an issue handing them over, just wasn’t aware that we had to. I have a scanned copy of each of them if required in the future (maybe if you haven’t done this, scan yours for future reference if you need them).

We had photos and each index finger for biometrics done in his office which was possibly to prove that we were the same people who did the biometrics? I’ll be honest, he was very vague about this which is why it’s obvious someone else was going to approve the case and not him. I have no idea about his comments…he just didn’t seem to be very knowledgeable abiut

KCC - I tried to explain who KCC is and what they do but again, he was a bit lost and basically said he had all the information he needed.

I asked the questions as I had seen it as a recommendation on this forum but I didn’t want to argue with him and cause any issues.

I do wonder how each case is processed (as I’m sure everyone does and am thankful that ours has been quite smooth compared to some. It’s obvious each case is very unique and unless we were in their shoes we will probably never 100% understand their thought process.

I appreciate all of your comments on this forum @Blade_ as you have been most helpful. I wish you all the best and will continue looking out for your updates here.

The AOS spreadsheet has simplified this by listing out the supporting documents one could use for the I-134. Take a look at the “AOS Package” tab/section of the spreadsheet.
Alright thank you. Is it okay that I did not submit it with the package but plan to bring it to the interview ? Or do I need to send to someone before the interview. I apologize if this question is redundant

I’m sorry for the double post, but for the government ID part can I copy it and bring that as my sponsor would not be attending interview with me or would I need the physical ID

Alright thank you. Is it okay that I did not submit it with the package but plan to bring it to the interview ? Or do I need to send to someone before the interview. I apologize if this question is redundant
Take it with you.

I’m sorry for the double post, but for the government ID part can I copy it and bring that as my sponsor would not be attending interview with me or would I need the physical ID
Copy.

I just find 16 miss calls from number 410-779-5194, starting from 7:30 am from Baltimore MD. left a voice message saying you have an interview today, I will call you again!!!! I feel it's a scam but it's from the same city as my FO office? The number now is invalid? My case status show fee received

I just find 16 miss calls from number 410-779-5194, starting from 7:30 am from Baltimore MD. left a voice message saying you have an interview today, I will call you again!!!! I feel it's a scam but it's from the same city as my FO office? The number now is invalid? My case status show fee received
I feel like 16 calls is a lot so it could be that you never received your letter and your interview was today, but I think the officer would have let you know who they are when they called. Did they introduce themselves in the message they left? Have you ever asked an agent if your interview has been scheduled?

This Zala (Not a native English person) from the Baltimore field immigration office, you have an interview today, I will you gain!!!
The second message said "if you can coming" (Not correct english speaking. I can't imagine that easy same day interview???

This Zala (Not native english person) from the Baltimore field immigration office, you have an interview today, I will you gain!!!
I think it's possible that you missed your interview. Call USCIS and find out if it was supposed to be today and you never received a letter.

Last edited:
This Zala (Not a native English person) from the Baltimore field immigration office, you have an interview today, I will you gain!!!
The second message said "if you can coming" (Not correct english speaking. I can't imagine that easy same day interview???
I honestly don't know. But if you don't call USCIS, you will never know.

The first call was around 7:30 am, I know the field office should be closed now? I will call the FO office I gt from google: 18003755283
That is USCIS number, not the field office. Yes, call them immediately. Let them know about the phone call. I really hope this is just a mistake because if you missed the interview without rescheduling it first, your case is considered abandoned.

If you google the number that called you, it does look like it's a scam. I wonder how this person would know that you have a pending case though. That's one big coincidence.

I'm trying to connect with a live agent but I don't think is real. My case status shows the Finger fee received. I did a bio on July 12 and didn't received a ny letter for the interview.
My case status was never updated to show that something was sent to me. I am not saying that this is real, but it sounds very strange to me.

That is USCIS number, not the field office. Yes, call them immediately. Let them know about the phone call. I really hope this is just a mistake because if you missed the interview without rescheduling it first, your case is considered abandoned.

If you google the number that called you, it does look like it's a scam. I wonder how this person would know that you have a pending case though. That's one big coincidence.
I did chat with a live agent who said" I see you contacted us about the status of the appointment on 07/08/2021. The appointment hasn't been scheduled at this time. Once the appointment has been scheduled you will be notified with the date, time, and location"

I did chat with a live agent who said" I see you contacted us about the status of the appointment on 07/08/2021. The appointment hasn't been scheduled at this time. Once the appointment has been scheduled you will be notified with the date, time, and location"
At least now you know for sure.

I did chat with a live agent asking about my status. who said" I see you contacted us about the status of the appointment on 07/08/2021. The appointment hasn't been scheduled at this time. Once the appointment has been scheduled you will be notified with the date, time, and location"
Then I asked about the missed call I received "Today, morning I got a miss call from 410-779-5194 a person left a message that he is from the Baltimore Field immigration office asking if I can come today for interview." They response as : "It's possible the office could have contacted you. Unfortunately, we cannot contact the office to determine if they contacted you. Did they provide any instructions?

I did chat with a live agent asking about my status. who said" I see you contacted us about the status of the appointment on 07/08/2021. The appointment hasn't been scheduled at this time. Once the appointment has been scheduled you will be notified with the date, time, and location"
Then I asked about the missed call I received "Today, morning I got a miss call from 410-779-5194 a person left a message that he is from the Baltimore Field immigration office asking if I can come today for interview." They response as : "It's possible the office could have contacted you. Unfortunately, we cannot contact the office to determine if they contacted you. Did they provide any instructions?
This is so strange. I don't want to suggest anything wrong so I think you should wait to hear what Mom says.

Did they not leave you a number to phone back? They do phone applicants if they are trying to set something up at short notice.

It isn’t unusual to get a call from the IO asking if one could come in for the interview same day or the next day (they sometimes send emails too). This happens when there’s an unexpected slot/opening for some reason. Some IOs actually go to great lengths to help DV based AOS applicants complete the process.

Did they not leave you a number to phone back? They do phone applicants if they are trying to set something up at short notice.
They left a voice mail "This officer Zala from Baltimore Field immigration office, you have an interview today, I will call you again, bye" nothing more. when I call back the number 410-779-5194 is not longer available

Hi everyone! I'm EU25*** and I have been following this awesome forum for a while now. I just wanted to let you know my notice receipt was made on June 29, the USCIS tracking number is stuck on "Fingerprint fee was received". But I just received this week a notice made on July 12 that it is not necessary for me to come have my biometrics done as they already had them from a previous green card case. Do you guys know if that will make things faster? Is there any positive in contacting a Tier 2 agent at this point? Thanks so much!
You should be patient at this point, your FO will be sending out the IL. Take a look at the timeline spreadsheet to see if anyone else is interviewing with your FO to see their progress.

I'm the only one in baltimore. Howevre, I will start the preparing for the interview and prepare all the documents
My response about checking the timeline spreadsheet for a similar FO wasn’t directed at you. That was a response to someone else’s question.