• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hey guys! For those who got to know their bio appt from Emma, how long after that did you receive your bio letters in the mail? Our letters got shipped on Friday, July 16, and still nothing showing up in my unformed delivery. I'm afraid they got lost. :(

Hey guys! For those who got to know their bio appt from Emma, how long after that did you receive your bio letters in the mail? Our letters got shipped on Friday, July 16, and still nothing showing up in my unformed delivery. I'm afraid they got lost. :(
and the bio date is in 2 weeks so I'm overthinking what happens if we do not get actual letters before that

how could you know shipped on Friday?

I got an email from USCIS ( which was related to my tier 2 call back request) where they said they shipped it on July 16.
I’m not sure if “shipped on Friday” means “mailed on Friday” or means “someone in Uscis put the envelope in their out tray” (which means it still has internal mail processes to go through). My family has had some applications in the past couple of years, all online so we could see the letters - which are only posted online once they are “mailed ” -and they would usually arrive in the mail about a week after they went online.
in short, wait a few more days before worrying that they’re lost.

Quick question: how did you ask Emma? Because she never understands my question nor asks for my case number…

There is some information to do with my education and work that i submitted with my 1-485, but it wasn't conclusive as some documents from school were pending [this is for my masters' program , but i submitted for the bachelors' degree].
So am factoring in the time left and wondering at what stage the RFE would be required.
THanks
Your FO is unlikely to send a RFE for that reason.

Mom, in my case, both ASC and FO are at the same address (maybe it is a matter of floor differences). Does that mean it would be hard to do walk in?
May be, may be not. I can't say for certain, most likely will be hard if they have a single point of security set-up into the building - , but that is something to be aware of.

Hello All,

I had my interview yesterday then did my biometrics.
the officer was super nice
no strange questions, only AOS application correction + OAuth then she informed me that all is good but she can not approve my case because I just did my biometrics and I have to wait for the security clearance.

1- Does anyone know how long does it take to get the security check?
2- My case status is still on the account showing [ invalid date ] and on the inquiry form that [ Fingerprint Fee Was Received ] no updates when it will be refelected?

Best,,,,

Hello All,

I had my interview yesterday then did my biometrics.
the officer was super nice
no strange questions, only AOS application correction + OAuth then she informed me that all is good but she can not approve my case because I just did my biometrics and I have to wait for the security clearance.

1- Does anyone know how long does it take to get the security check?
2- My case status is still on the account showing [ invalid date ] and on the inquiry form that [ Fingerprint Fee Was Received ] no updates when it will be refelected?

Best,,,,
1. It varies for people, some clear the background check within a day or two, some may take several weeks, months or years. It all depends on what each person's background check reveals.
2. Most likely when a decision has been made on the case.

I did the same with Emma. The chat agent told me that it was mailed on 17th but they have not been delivered yet. The agent said we should expect a mail within a week or so. Therefore I am not too worried tbh atm. My bio is still in a few weeks.

Hi all,

I have my biometrics appointment in Seattle, WA this upcoming Monday July 26th.

Apologies for the obvious question, but I am nervous so getting confirmation from this forum might help :)

According to the I-797C notice I only need to bring the notice itself and photo ID. Is that really sufficient? Would there be a possible benefit if I bring additional documents?
Hi Ollie,

I wish you good luck! Would you pls update me also for interview appointment, my FO is Seattle also.

Thanks !

Hi
I am confused about what the UCIS website says about the additional documents for the I-134. Should I bring a bank statement and other documents from my sponsor as well as the I-134 document or is it enough on its own.

Hi everyone,

My FO is Seattle. My bio appointment arranged on 08/02. I havent got IL yet. As all you know Seattle doesnt allow walk-ins. I tried last Monday and security guy was very strict. I asked two times and he also enjoyed with his answer like "nothing has changed since 30 mins before".

As my understanding, interviews are arranged by FOs and Seattle is not eager to arrange it before bio results are out.

My question, what are the odds for the timing btw bio and interview. What do you think ?

Thank you !

Hi
I am confused about what the UCIS website says about the additional documents for the I-134. Should I bring a bank statement and other documents from my sponsor as well as the I-134 document or is it enough on its own.
The AOS spreadsheet has simplified this by listing out the supporting documents one could use for the I-134. Take a look at the “AOS Package” tab/section of the spreadsheet.