• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

They left a voice mail "This officer Zala from Baltimore Field immigration office, you have an interview today, I will call you again, bye" nothing more. when I call back the number 410-779-5194 is not longer available
yes they need to leave you a contactable number, the ones they call from are switchboard numbers that don’t connect directly to a line far as I can see. Keep that phone next to you and ringtone on loud! Good luck.

Hello!

We had our interview this morning….
We arrived 15 mins early and then checking in took about 10 mins. We then waited about 20 mins before being called in. IO was polite and asked for all original ID documents first. We then went through the “oath” with him. He asked for a copy of our DV receipt (even though we had sent this with our AOS package). He then proceeded to go over pretty much everything in each of our I-485s making any necessary notes along the way. We had to add a citation for a speeding ticket and provided a copy which he said he’d add to the file. He asked details of employment, military experience and citizenship. We had to have photo and fingerprints done again (just index fingers). At the end he asked if there was anything else to be amended which we answered no. We then signed the I-485s. He gave us a letter for each pretty much saying our file is under review. He said he couldn’t tell us when a decision would be made and commented that they didn’t process many DV cases there but once a decision was made we would receive a letter in the mail. He said he needed to keep the expired EAD cards, which he did. I asked if our background clearances had been received (taken on the 13th) and he was confused as to why we did biometrics when he did them today. Not sure of this comment?? He said he couldn’t see any problems when he checked our files online. I also asked if he had requested our file from KCC and he didn’t even know who KCC was. He commented about some information being “out there” that was incorrect so again, I’m not sure about his comment. He also knew nothing about the case status being updated online once approved either. It appeared that perhaps another person checks the file before being approved and maybe that person would be aware of that part of the process.
The interview itself took about 45mins and I must say that IO made us feel quite nervous. Fingers crossed for a good outcome!
Hello again Mom,

Would you mind adding this link on my behalf (regarding our interview experience) to the spreadsheet for me please?.....before it gets lost in the feed. :)

Also, could you please add our Card Production Ordered Date as 07/21/2021?

Thank you and I will update you with the remainder of the dates once received.

My interview is on August 2nd, so less than 2 weeks. I don't have a bio appointment. All my attempts get one have failed - USCIS just keep telling me to wait. I never received a Tier 2 callback as promised, and although my congresswoman's office has contacted them, I have not heard back from them after 2 weeks.

My question is, would the IO be less likely to do the bio on the day of the interview if I already have a letter at that point?

I'm trying to decide if it makes sense to keep pushing for a letter this close to the interview, given that if I get one now it'll probably for long after the interview, and I might not be able to do a walk in.

Hi Mom, I received a phone call from my FO yesterday and was told that my interview has been scheduled for Aug 4th and I will receive the IL soon. I asked her about my bio and she said I will receive a separate letter for bio as well but she didn't give me a date. Today I talked to EMMA, she was able to see my bio appointment but she said there is no interview scheduled yet. is it likely that the phone call I received yesterday was a scamm?!

Hi Mom, I received a phone call from my FO yesterday and was told that my interview has been scheduled for Aug 4th and I will receive the IL soon. I asked her about my bio and she said I will receive a separate letter for bio as well but she didn't give me a date. Today I talked to EMMA, she was able to see my bio appointment but she said there is no interview scheduled yet. is it likely that the phone call I received yesterday was a scamm?!
No, it is likely that the online system has not yet been updated to reflect the scheduled appointment given that it was arranged over the phone. Once the actual letter is mailed out it should show up in the online system that emma can see,

No, it is likely that the online system has not yet been updated to reflect the scheduled appointment given that it was arranged over the phone. Once the actual letter is mailed out it should show up in the online system that emma can see,
Thanks, Susie!

I see on the spread sheet that the personal self sufficiency assessment will help me determine if I need a sponsor. I searched it up but I can’t find the assessment does any one have a link ?

My interview is on August 2nd, so less than 2 weeks. I don't have a bio appointment. All my attempts get one have failed - USCIS just keep telling me to wait. I never received a Tier 2 callback as promised, and although my congresswoman's office has contacted them, I have not heard back from them after 2 weeks.

My question is, would the IO be less likely to do the bio on the day of the interview if I already have a letter at that point?

I'm trying to decide if it makes sense to keep pushing for a letter this close to the interview, given that if I get one now it'll probably for long after the interview, and I might not be able to do a walk in.
You’re stressing over something you have no control over IMO. Only the IO knows what he/she will do when you show up for the interview, no one here can tell you what they’re more likely or less likely to do. And for all you know, the bio notice can still show up before your interview date. Just focus on getting ready for your interview. Some of the folks who filed around when you did do not even have either of those two appointment notices for now.

@snzbrn
Also, keep in mind that your online status is not NECESSARILY going to change even if you receive an IL. I got my IL on 7/2 and going to have my interview next week. Yesterday, while trying to convince Tier 1 to schedule a quick Tier 2 callback for a possible bio scheduling, I was told that there's no interview scheduled for you!
IDK how this whole thing/system works! But, seems like some IO or FO (or whoever is in charge!) do not update the system before the actual interview!

Hi all, hope you guys are doing well.

I had an interview. ( Washington DC) It was quick. the officer was very polite. She just reviewed all the I485 forms and updated information. She started with my name, date of birth, address, what am I doing right now, page after page. Also with yes/no questions. Then she asked me about quintuplets that I am taking care of. And conversation was like chatting at that moment. Afterwards she asked about my highest education and what is my plan in the future. I plan to work as a nurse. Then she asked if i had any questions. I asked if I can do biometric today but she can’t because ASC building is located another area. She will mail biometric appointment letter to me later. She said I can try walk in. Then she walked me to elevator. She doesn’t say anything about how my case

I did walked in. The security is very nice and police. He asked officer to see me. The ASC officer asked me if interview officer sent me without appointment and he went back in to call her. Then he said I have to come back another time with appointment letter. I didn’t mean to upset him, I asked him politely if there is any chance to let me.
was your FO in Washington DC or Fairfax VA? i was under the impression that DC did not have USCIC FOs. Thanks, and hope you receive your bio letter soon.

Hey mom! My check was cashed on 14th of July but I haven't got my NOA yet. But today my lawyer emailed me saying that he has received the NOA letters in his office. My question is:
Was my lawyer supposed to get the letters too? But, I haven't yet received the letters.

And if my letters were sent to my lawyer's address, which is in san diego,CA, but I live in Dallas, texas will my FO be in CA or in Dallas?

Thankyou.

Hey mom! My check was cashed on 14th of July but I haven't got my NOA yet. But today my lawyer emailed me saying that he has received the NOA letters in his office. My question is:
Was my lawyer supposed to get the letters too? But, I haven't yet received the letters.

And if my letters were sent to my lawyer's address, which is in san diego,CA, but I live in Dallas, texas will my FO be in CA or in Dallas?

Thankyou.
Your lawyer should receive a copy of every letter you receive. Your letter will be delivered soon. FYI, my green card was mailed to my lawyer's office, so that's something to keep in mind considering the distance.

Your lawyer should receive a copy of every letter you receive. Your letter will be delivered soon. FYI, my green card was mailed to my lawyer's office, so that's something to keep in mind considering the distance.
And what about your FO. Was it your lawyer's address or was it your own address?