• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hey! We finally got our bio letters so @SusieQQQ you were completely right :) As I see we need to fill out the second page of bio letters. Since my husband swapped first and last names in i-485 I'm wondering whether writing them down in a correct way in the bio letter could cause any prob since it will differ from I -485. But We will tell the technician about swapped names anyways so that they could make a note for the background check.

@snzbrn
Also, keep in mind that your online status is not NECESSARILY going to change even if you receive an IL. I got my IL on 7/2 and going to have my interview next week. Yesterday, while trying to convince Tier 1 to schedule a quick Tier 2 callback for a possible bio scheduling, I was told that there's no interview scheduled for you!
IDK how this whole thing/system works! But, seems like some IO or FO (or whoever is in charge!) do not update the system before the actual interview!
Did you have any luck with that? Because they keep giving me a 20 day time frame for the callback

Did you have any luck with that? Because they keep giving me a 20 day time frame for the callback
Not sure! lol
Yesterday Tier 1 told me that I've been scheduled for a 72 h callback (and emphasized that the previous one has been an ordinary one; like one of those 20-30 days!)
Nothing yet though! (been 24 h)

Hey mom! My check was cashed on 14th of July but I haven't got my NOA yet. But today my lawyer emailed me saying that he has received the NOA letters in his office. My question is:
Was my lawyer supposed to get the letters too? But, I haven't yet received the letters.

And if my letters were sent to my lawyer's address, which is in san diego,CA, but I live in Dallas, texas will my FO be in CA or in Dallas?

Thankyou.
Your most likely listed their own address as your secure mailing address on form G-28 which they are required to fill out and include with your package as your representative of record. So yes, the original copies of your USCIS correspondence will go to your lawyer in that case, and you may receive copies of those. Your FO should be based on your own address in Dallas.

Your most likely listed their own address as your secure mailing address on form G-28 which they are required to fill out and include with your package as your representative of record. So yes, the original copies of your USCIS correspondence will go to your lawyer in that case, and you may receive copies of those. Your FO should be based on your own address in Dallas.
Thankyou for the info mom.

Dear Mom,

I was going to email KCC to see if they have sent my file to the FO. I know from @KeithJoan 's experience that the IO in my FO has not asked. I wanted to mention in my email that IO is not aware of the DV, I was wondering if the IO will eventually see my emails in my KCC file.

Dear Mom,

I was going to email KCC to see if they have sent my file to the FO. I know from @KeithJoan 's experience that the IO in my FO has not asked. I wanted to mention in my email that IO is not aware of the DV, I was wondering if the IO will eventually see my emails in my KCC file.
if you have not interviewed yet and have no personal experience to base it on, how can you possibly say to KCC that the IO is not aware?! Yes it is probably the same person but may not be (maybe the regular guy was away and this was a stand in) and anyway IMO you cannot go saying things like that to KCC based off what someone said off the Internet, no matter how reliable the post may be.
And yes they will see the emails in the file.

Not sure! lol
Yesterday Tier 1 told me that I've been scheduled for a 72 h callback (and emphasized that the previous one has been an ordinary one; like one of those 20-30 days!)
Nothing yet though! (been 24 h)
I called them again, and they kept telling me they have scheduled another 20-30 days call back and can’t schedule a 3day one because the system only allows for one. I am getting desperate

was your FO in Washington DC or Fairfax VA? i was under the impression that DC did not have USCIC FOs. Thanks, and hope you receive your bio letter soon.
Hi, it is located in fairfax va but the building shows Washington field office. I apologize if I confused you about this. My bio is scheduled already too. Thank you

Hi Mom,
I finally get a call back from Tier 2 (I requested it on June 25th), they started a service inquiry and the agent told me I’m already in the queue to be scheduled for an interview at my FO (I gave my biometrics on July 8th). After hanging up, I received an email from USCIS saying this:
Is this like a regular procedure they take when they don’t schedule an interview on the phone?

Attachments

• 622389AA-3D13-4C4C-9867-E721C45438C9.jpeg
    622389AA-3D13-4C4C-9867-E721C45438C9.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 60
Dear Mom,

Why will you be telling KCC such? Do you have any confirmation your case will be assigned to the same IO? Plus you don’t know for certain if your FO (not the IO) already requested your KCC file or not. Considering @KeithJoan’s case was approved within hours of the interview completion, that tells me the FO already requested and received the KCC file even if the IO didn’t know what it was/is.

Typically when there's no acceptance notification on one application (out of the group/family pack sent), that particular application might be facing a rejection for one reason or the other. this is why I asked you earlier on to go review your child's I-485 form as a starting point to confirm you correctly filled it out/signed it as required. Another reason may be due to insufficient fund in the account. But of course the only way to know for certain what the issue is (if it has to do with the package being rejected) will be when the package get's returned. Meanwhile the already accepted packages will continue processing, the package with the issue will have no impact on them (unless of course if the package with the issue happens to be that of the principal/main applicant).
It obvious now that my child’s package was rejected by Chicago lockbox.

Checked his I-485 and found nothing wrong, have enough money on my bank account.

I have no idea why I didn’t check it before writing a check cause I was confused… and I saw in the doc that feeling fee is $750… but because I’ve read here that children under 14 yo still need to get their biometrics done, I wrote a check for $835…

So, now I have a depression and a few more questions))

1. Do I need to get a new I-693 form for him with a fresh date on it when I’ll be resending his package?

2. Should I update anything in his I-485, since my and my wife’s packages were accepted?

Hi Mom,
I finally get a call back from Tier 2 (I requested it on June 25th), they started a service inquiry and the agent told me I’m already in the queue to be scheduled for an interview at my FO (I gave my biometrics on July 8th). After hanging up, I received an email from USCIS saying this:
Is this like a regular procedure they take when they don’t schedule an interview on the phone?
Just consider it a follow up to your service inquiry, nothing more.

It obvious now that my child’s package was rejected by Chicago lockbox.

Checked his I-485 and found nothing wrong, have enough money on my bank account.

I have no idea why I didn’t check it before writing a check cause I was confused… and I saw in the doc that feeling fee is $750… but because I’ve read here that children under 14 yo still need to get their biometrics done, I wrote a check for $835…

So, now I have a depression and a few more questions))

1. Do I need to get a new I-693 form for him with a fresh date on it when I’ll be resending his package?

2. Should I update anything in his I-485, since my and my wife’s packages were accepted?
The package has definitely been rejected because of the overpayment in that case, it will be sent back.
1. If your plan is to send in a new package (without waiting for the rejected one to first arrive and simply send it back with correct payment), yes consider getting your CS to sign and issue you with a new medical report.
2. There’s nothing to update if everything else on the form is correct.

Why will you be telling KCC such? Do you have any confirmation your case will be assigned to the same IO? Plus you don’t know for certain if your FO (not the IO) already requested your KCC file or not. Considering @KeithJoan’s case was approved within hours of the interview completion, that tells me the FO already requested and received the KCC file even if the IO didn’t know what it was/is.
I appreciate the comment mom. I was not aware that his case has been approved. It makes perfect sense then.

PS: Congrats @KeithJoan! Best wishes for you in your new life!