• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Mom, is it normal that after more than 2 months since I received my GC, my I-131 and I-765 applications have not been closed by USCIS? I know that at some point they will realize I have already obtained those benefits.
Yes that is normal. The NBC process the I-131 and I-765, they haven't gotten to your case so they currently do not realize you AOS application has already been approved by your FO. When they get to that stage, they will be able to see your AOS has already been approved, and they will subsequently deny the I-131/I-765. They sometimes get sloppy though - they go ahead and approve those two applications, but you already know they are redundant even if you get the card(s).

Yes that is normal. The NBC process the I-131 and I-765, they haven't gotten to your case so they currently do not realize you AOS application has already been approved by your FO. When they get to that stage, they will be able to see your AOS has already been approved, and they will subsequently deny the I-131/I-765. They sometimes get sloppy though - they go ahead and approve those two applications, but you already know they are redundant even if you get the card(s).
Thank you!

If you have already submitted your AOS package and have a receipt (as seems the case) then you will roll over into “adjustment pending” after your prior status expires - this gives you authorized stay until your AOS application is adjudicated.
Thank you for the reply :)

Because of your AOS application, you roll into what is know as adjustment pending once your current status expires until the application is either adjudicated or the current FY ends (which ever is earlier) - this status allows you to remain in the US while your AOS application is pending without accruing an unlawful presence.
Thank you for the reply :)

By visa you mean greencard? Or they issue some document for that? As I see from processing it is impossible to issue green card in 2 months
i think whatever processing you are talking about is not what is being talked about here. You need your AOS application approved by end September. It is certainly not ”impossible to issue green card in 2 months”.

Yes. Everyone has a KCC file - the full content may differ from one applicant to another. The KCC file contains each person’s eDV registration form, the DS260 (if submitted), DV administrative fee receipt, copy of all correspondence with KCC, etc.
Thank you. Am wondering if its necessary to request if the KCC file has been forwarded to the FO, before the interview, or if the documents contained in the KCC file can just be included in the 485 application or brought to the interview.

Thank you. Am wondering if its necessary to request if the KCC file has been forwarded to the FO, before the interview, or if the documents contained in the KCC file can just be included in the 485 application or brought to the interview.
1. See this post
2. Do you know everything contained in the KCC file? Well even if you know (which we certainly don't), you're not KCC. KCC file must come directly from KCC.

Super urgent question:

background: I have to get my i-693 reissued (doctor's fault).

I was talking to my CS office, the doctor is there either today or Aug 18. He does not want to see more patients today.

Question: Don't the doctor need to just sign it for today? I'm telling the staff that they can leave the examination date as May 4th that it was and just sign a new form, but they say the best we can do is for you to come on August 18. And I may get my interview before that date

I'm waiting a call back from their manager.

i think whatever processing you are talking about is not what is being talked about here. You need your AOS application approved by end September. It is certainly not ”impossible to issue green card in 2 months”.
Thank you. I meant I studied file in excel under "processing". Sorry, not good on terms.

Super urgent question:

background: I have to get my i-693 reissued (doctor's fault).

I was talking to my CS office, the doctor is there either today or Aug 18. He does not want to see more patients today.

Question: Don't the doctor need to just sign it for today? I'm telling the staff that they can leave the examination date as May 4th that it was and just sign a new form, but they say the best we can do is for you to come on August 18. And I may get my interview before that date

I'm waiting a call back from their manager.
@Blade_

Just a signature needed!
takes less than 5 minutes

Usually only one person gets all the e-notifications regardless of the number/email address listed on each G-1145. So are you saying the only e-notifications so far received are for 2 people out of 3?
Oh, then it may be bad news for us, because I can see now that only two ($1225*2) of three ours checks were processed, and now I think that something wrong with my child’s application, cause processed two checks are for me and my wife (my kid is under 14, so amount is $835 and it’s not processed (I hope yet)).

I signed my child’s I-485 with mentioning that I’m his father, and prepared his application accordingly to our google sheet (thanks a lot for it again!!), so have no clue what may be wrong with it.

Last edited:
Hello!

We had our interview this morning….
We arrived 15 mins early and then checking in took about 10 mins. We then waited about 20 mins before being called in. IO was polite and asked for all original ID documents first. We then went through the “oath” with him. He asked for a copy of our DV receipt (even though we had sent this with our AOS package). He then proceeded to go over pretty much everything in each of our I-485s making any necessary notes along the way. We had to add a citation for a speeding ticket and provided a copy which he said he’d add to the file. He asked details of employment, military experience and citizenship. We had to have photo and fingerprints done again (just index fingers). At the end he asked if there was anything else to be amended which we answered no. We then signed the I-485s. He gave us a letter for each pretty much saying our file is under review. He said he couldn’t tell us when a decision would be made and commented that they didn’t process many DV cases there but once a decision was made we would receive a letter in the mail. He said he needed to keep the expired EAD cards, which he did. I asked if our background clearances had been received (taken on the 13th) and he was confused as to why we did biometrics when he did them today. Not sure of this comment?? He said he couldn’t see any problems when he checked our files online. I also asked if he had requested our file from KCC and he didn’t even know who KCC was. He commented about some information being “out there” that was incorrect so again, I’m not sure about his comment. He also knew nothing about the case status being updated online once approved either. It appeared that perhaps another person checks the file before being approved and maybe that person would be aware of that part of the process.
The interview itself took about 45mins and I must say that IO made us feel quite nervous. Fingers crossed for a good outcome!

It's not a transfer, you send a money order to KCC. Read the AOS spreadsheet ("AOS process" tab, step 5. Link in the first post).
I looked at step 5 in the spreadsheet. I guess my question is how do I send that money order to KCC? And can you please let me know what SASE is?

Attachments

• 63226B05-29C0-4D1B-8CB7-23F3A65B4DCB.jpeg
    63226B05-29C0-4D1B-8CB7-23F3A65B4DCB.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
small update - I received my bio letter 3 days after I received my interview letter scheduled for the same day - 1 hour before the interview. Phoenix location.

I feel like they try to limit the trips you have to make to USCIS - maybe it helps them to decrease the backlog. I hope they will have bio check results by the time we're finished with the interview

Btw. Is there any point doing bio walk in if I already have scheduled interview?

Hello!

We had our interview this morning….
We arrived 15 mins early and then checking in took about 10 mins. We then waited about 20 mins before being called in. IO was polite and asked for all original ID documents first. We then went through the “oath” with him. He asked for a copy of our DV receipt (even though we had sent this with our AOS package). He then proceeded to go over pretty much everything in each of our I-485s making any necessary notes along the way. We had to add a citation for a speeding ticket and provided a copy which he said he’d add to the file. He asked details of employment, military experience and citizenship. We had to have photo and fingerprints done again (just index fingers). At the end he asked if there was anything else to be amended which we answered no. We then signed the I-485s. He gave us a letter for each pretty much saying our file is under review. He said he couldn’t tell us when a decision would be made and commented that they didn’t process many DV cases there but once a decision was made we would receive a letter in the mail. He said he needed to keep the expired EAD cards, which he did. I asked if our background clearances had been received (taken on the 13th) and he was confused as to why we did biometrics when he did them today. Not sure of this comment?? He said he couldn’t see any problems when he checked our files online. I also asked if he had requested our file from KCC and he didn’t even know who KCC was. He commented about some information being “out there” that was incorrect so again, I’m not sure about his comment. He also knew nothing about the case status being updated online once approved either. It appeared that perhaps another person checks the file before being approved and maybe that person would be aware of that part of the process.
The interview itself took about 45mins and I must say that IO made us feel quite nervous. Fingers crossed for a good outcome!
Sounds like you were interviewed by a new IO who is not even familiar with DV based AOS cases. So yes, his decision/your case will be reviewed by a supervisor or a senior IO.