• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

It's not just the date on the envelope they go by, the date as signed by the CS on the form itself is what the IO will go by (the IO doesn't get to see the envelope, the date and signature portion on the envelope is for the Chicago Lockbox folks). So if you CS is charging you $30 for their signature, it shouldn't be for the envelope alone. They will need to re-sign the form too, (yes, the medical exam date remains the same).

Have you checked to confirm if your payment has been processed? Also, there have been a few folks who actually waited for about 40 days ish before they got any form of package confirmation though.
Sorry for unclear explanation, yes $30 for a renewed and signed I-693 in a new envelope.

My payment hasn’t been processed yet (checking it 10 or more times per day…)

I saw that there is a few cases which were processed in about 35-55 days, but if the second package is accepted in 6-10 days it may be faster than waiting for the first one to be accepted. Thanks for support!!

Hey guys! As our interview is scheduled for the next Friday I thought about asking KCC whether they sent my file to the field office. Do you think it makes sense to do it? Could it help in anyways in speeding up our case approval? Thanks!!
We will also attempt an early biometrics walk-in next week or this week as soon as the letters arrive so hopefully, a background check could be completed before the interview.

Hi Sm1smom,

I have a quick question - I am adjusting status from an L1-A visa for DV2021 - case number 2021OC29##. I have got all my paperwork together and I paid the DV fee via money order 4 weeks ago - the money order has been cashed by the DOS, however I have not received the receipt back in the mail.

I am running short of time, am I able to send in my AoS Package without the DV receipt at this time and take to interview once it arrives?

Thanks!
Dylan

Hello everyone,
I just did my bio walk-in. I noticed that all my fingers were scanned,but the small two fingers of left showed red warnings even after the lady tried it for two times. Then she said you are all done and I did my signature and left the building. Any one that has a similar experience ? Would it be a reason to get a second biometric? I’m sorry I might be overthinking.
Which office was it please?

Morning, I just came back from my early biometrics walk-in, which went smoothly and without any issues (I had received a Bio notice appointment last week, but decided to walk in two weeks earlier than my scheduled date).

I have in the meantime also received my actual AOS interview date for mid August and wanted to inquire if I should try to move it up and if that would be a possibility? If so, what is the best way to schedule an interview date sooner than mid August? Can I request this through Emma?

Thank you!
Which office was it please?

Hello everyone,
I just did my bio walk-in. I noticed that all my fingers were scanned,but the small two fingers of left showed red warnings even after the lady tried it for two times. Then she said you are all done and I did my signature and left the building. Any one that has a similar experience ? Would it be a reason to get a second biometric? I’m sorry I might be overthinking.
No one here can tell you authoritatively if there could be an issue with how your prints were captured or not, they will contact you if the FBI consider the captured data insufficient or unusable. So you'll just have to wait and see.

Hi Mom,

we received our NOA in the mail today.
Re the DV receipt, not sure if you recall but I hadn't included a SASE when I sent payment back on June 10. I emailed KCC to ask for an emailed receipt on June 14. No reply. I emailed again June 27 and still no reply or receipt.
Do you suggest I pay this fee again and obv include a SASE this time? Or email again?
There's no reason to make a new payment if you've been able to confirm your payment was processed. Even if you never receive the receipt KCC already has proof of payment which will be included in your KCC file which gets forwarded to the FO. It's your call if you wish to send another email request to KCC or not.

Sorry for unclear explanation, yes $30 for a renewed and signed I-693 in a new envelope.

My payment hasn’t been processed yet (checking it 10 or more times per day…)

I saw that there is a few cases which were processed in about 35-55 days, but if the second package is accepted in 6-10 days it may be faster than waiting for the first one to be accepted. Thanks for support!!
There is no guarantee the new one will be accepted and processed in 6 to 10 days though. Anyway, your case, your call. Do go ahead and send a 2nd package if you you like.

Hey guys! As our interview is scheduled for the next Friday I thought about asking KCC whether they sent my file to the field office. Do you think it makes sense to do it? Could it help in anyways in speeding up our case approval? Thanks!!
We will also attempt an early biometrics walk-in next week or this week as soon as the letters arrive so hopefully, a background check could be completed before the interview.
Yes, it makes sense to do so and highly encouraged as a matter of fact. You probably may not get a response before your interview though.

When KCC was still open to receiving calls, phoning to find out the status of the KCC was of tremendous help to AOSers. It doesn't mean KCC was forwarding the KCC file when people called to ask about the KCC files, they at least got to know if it was still pending or not. They got to know if their IO already requested the KCC file in advance or not, and in cases where it wasn't requested, applicants were able to gently remind the IO about the need to request the KCC file (which some new IOs were not aware of).

Hi Sm1smom,

I have a quick question - I am adjusting status from an L1-A visa for DV2021 - case number 2021OC29##. I have got all my paperwork together and I paid the DV fee via money order 4 weeks ago - the money order has been cashed by the DOS, however I have not received the receipt back in the mail.

I am running short of time, am I able to send in my AoS Package without the DV receipt at this time and take to interview once it arrives?

Thanks!
Dylan
Yes, you can do that. Just go ahead and send the AOS package.

Yea I get it but kind of misleading for applicants that doesn't know the deadline is Sep 30th.
Every applicant should understand the nuances of their own case, this goes to every type of green card application and not just DV ones (where the deadline is in fact so continually emphasized at every step of the way imo it would be hard to be taken by surprise).

Bio is waived for people who recently attended another bio appointment in the US for some other application they have filed. The visa related bio conducted at the embassy does not apply.
Thank you mom!

This year, a few months ago, we passed biometrics at the DMV to obtain a driver's license. Maybe they didn't send us a call for biometrics for AOS because they use biometrics that they passed in the DMV?

Thank you Mom for your support.

Thank you mom!

This year, a few months ago, we passed biometrics at the DMV to obtain a driver's license. Maybe they didn't send us a call for biometrics for AOS because they use biometrics that they passed in the DMV?

Thank you Mom for your support.
No, your bio has not been waived, it is still pending - it is as simple as that. The DMV is an autonomous body from the USCIS. The DMV bio was not captured for an application filed with USCIS . The AOS process spreadsheet would have listed that as an option if that were so.

Yes, it makes sense to do so and highly encouraged as a matter of fact. You probably may not get a response before your interview though.

When KCC was still open to receiving calls, phoning to find out the status of the KCC was of tremendous help to AOSers. It doesn't mean KCC was forwarding the KCC file when people called to ask about the KCC files, they at least got to know if it was still pending or not. They got to know if their IO already requested the KCC file in advance or not, and in cases where it wasn't requested, applicants were able to gently remind the IO about the need to request the KCC file (which some new IOs were not aware of).
Am learning about this now-the KCC file. Please if anyone can shed more light on this, it would be helpful. If i have not filled or submitted the DS-260. Does this apply to me as well/.thanks

There's no reason to make a new payment if you've been able to confirm your payment was processed. Even if you never receive the receipt KCC already has proof of payment which will be included in your KCC file which gets forwarded to the FO. It's your call if you wish to send another email request to KCC or not.
Ok awesome, saves us another $660. Thank u

Am learning about this now-the KCC file. Please if anyone can shed more light on this, it would be helpful. If i have not filled or submitted the DS-260. Does this apply to me as well/.thanks
Yes. Everyone has a KCC file - the full content may differ from one applicant to another. The KCC file contains each person’s eDV registration form, the DS260 (if submitted), DV administrative fee receipt, copy of all correspondence with KCC, etc.