• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello everyone!
Mom, tell me, please, in what cases it is not required to undergo biometrics? We received an invitation to interview, but did not receive a notification for biometrics. Maybe because only a year has passed since we arrived and the biometrics taken when issuing a visa is still valid?
Thank you for your work and patience, good luck with everything, Mom.

Hello everyone!
Mom, tell me, please, in what cases it is not required to undergo biometrics? We received an invitation to interview, but did not receive a notification for biometrics. Maybe because only a year has passed since we arrived and the biometrics taken when issuing a visa is still valid?
Thank you for your work and patience, good luck with everything, Mom.
Bio is waived for people who recently attended another bio appointment in the US for some other application they have filed. The visa related bio conducted at the embassy does not apply.

Did you reach out to USCIS, just curious what was their response?
I did. On June 2nd they told me a tier 2 would call me within 14 days and, if not, to call back. I called back today and they told me the waiting time can be up to 30 days and that there’s nothing else they can do

Hi mom,

My husband is in F2 visa. So he doesn't have a SSN. We didn't get our bio appoinment yet . But received the interview letter dated 12thAugust.
Assuming we will receive GC in end of August. (We didn't include EAD application in our AOS packet)

1) When will my husband be able to get his SSN? (I mean is there any specific time period that he has to wait for)
2) How many days he has to wait to get the EAD?

Thank you so much

Hi mom,

My husband is in F2 visa. So he doesn't have a SSN. We didn't get our bio appoinment yet . But received the interview letter dated 12thAugust.
Assuming we will receive GC in end of August. (We didn't include EAD application in our AOS packet)

1) When will my husband be able to get his SSN? (I mean is there any specific time period that he has to wait for)
2) How many days he has to wait to get the EAD?

Thank you so much
1. He will be able to apply for his SSN after he gets his GC.
2. You didn’t apply for an EAD card, so he’s not getting one. But even if he did, he wouldn’t need an EAD card once he gets his GC.

1. He will be able to apply for his SSN after he gets his GC.
2. You didn’t apply for an EAD card, so he’s not getting one. But even if he did, he wouldn’t need an EAD card once he gets his GC.
Oh got it mom, as soon as he get the SSN he will be able to work.
Thank you so much.

Hi everyone, I'm posting on behalf of some friends who have gone through AOS this year (DV2021) - is anybody able to point me in the direction of good info to see how things are progressing on the AOS side of things? Like how many cases are getting interviews / approvals etc? Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm posting on behalf of some friends who have gone through AOS this year (DV2021) - is anybody able to point me in the direction of good info to see how things are progressing on the AOS side of things? Like how many cases are getting interviews / approvals etc? Thanks
there is an excel file with most of the cases. u can see all there

It will cause an issue for you if for some reason you didn’t get a green card, then you have to leave immediately if your prior status has expired. Up to you what level of risk you are comfortable with.
Thank you for your response. But they gave me the chance to respond till mid-Oct. It means the new fiscal year!

Last edited:
Highly recommend you respond to the RFE, don't create some unnecessary scrutiny for your AOS case (in addition to Susie's already spot on response).
Thanks.
They asked me to provide "documentation from your sponsor indicating how funds to cover your expenses are transferred."
I have no clue on this! Have you got any idea?!

Hello Mom.
Hope you`re doing well.
Letting you know that I applied for my EAD through OPT before I start my AOS through DV.
Now I got RFE for my EAD that I have to prove that I was a full-time student, paid full tuition, documents of how I covered my expenses, etc.
Do you think these two of my cases have interconnections?
I still have not heard about my bio nor interview, but received NOA.
I appreciate your response.

Thanks.
They asked me to provide "documentation from your sponsor indicating how funds to cover your expenses are transferred."
I have no clue on this! Have you got any idea?!
Well, how did your sponsor pay your expenses? Was money transferred into your bank account, did they pay college/rent etc directly, what? I have to say I have not personally heard of this kind of RFE for OPT before, and reading between the lines by looking at what they are asking for, it sounds like they are concerned that you may not have maintained status. So to go back to what mom said, it may be in your best interest not to just leave this hanging, even if you only need to respond by October.

Thank you for your response. But they gave me the chance to respond till mid-Oct. It means the new fiscal year!
This sounds like a request coming from Sacramento FO?
I got RFE with a deadline in October as well... I'm just curious how they are thinking that's going to work out.

Hello, I know I’m pretty late but I was wondering who here sent their AOS package without the dv fee receipt and what was the outcome?

I have sent a check for the dv fee in early June, it got cashed in early July but I still haven’t received the receipt. Given the approaching deadline, I was planning on submitting my AOS without the receipt.

Hello, I know I’m pretty late but I was wondering who here sent their AOS package without the dv fee receipt and what was the outcome?

I have sent a check for the dv fee in early June, it got cashed in early July but I still haven’t received the receipt. Given the approaching deadline, I was planning on submitting my AOS without the receipt.
I sent the AOS package without the DV receipt.
The lockbox accepted it without any issue.
I suggest emailing KCC for a digital copy.
I sent the email to KCC on 06/20/2021 for the copy and I got it on 07/15/2021

This sounds like a request coming from Sacramento FO?
I got RFE with a deadline in October as well... I'm just curious how they are thinking that's going to work out.
I don't think they would be able to issue the visa after September 30th even if they wanted to, right?

Well, how did your sponsor pay your expenses? Was money transferred into your bank account, did they pay college/rent etc directly, what? I have to say I have not personally heard of this kind of RFE for OPT before, and reading between the lines by looking at what they are asking for, it sounds like they are concerned that you may not have maintained status. So to go back to what mom said, it may be in your best interest not to just leave this hanging, even if you only need to respond by October.
All the money was transferred from my sponsor to my bank account. Now does "documentation from your sponsor" mean they need HER bank statements? Because some bank accounts have been closed and I`m desperate