• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

So on July 2nd I placed a request to talk to a tier 2 agent about the bio and interview and they said I'd get a call back within 14 days and if I did not, to call back. I just did and, after almost 2 hours waiting, a very unhelpful agent told me the waiting time has gotten extended to 30 days.
Definitely getting concerned over here :( .

Hey guys and mom! I have some confusing situations here and wanted to see your thoughts.

Question:
What do you think is happening to our second AOS package? Is it just going to be rejected at some point even after NOAs?
If we received NOAs for our second package, does this means we would need to pay for another DV fee? I know asked the same question before but am wondering if the fact that now we received NOAs for the second package would change the answer or not.

Context:
We sent our second AOS package after 45 days of our first package arrival, thinking the first one was lost somewhere. Our first was cashed at Day 49. Therefore, we asked our bank not to accept the specific checks for our second package to essentially kill it before they process it.

However, Last week we received notification text messages from USCIS for our second package (4 in total. 2 for I-485 and 2 for I-795) and yesterday, we received 3 NOAs in mails (still missing one NOA for I-485 for some reason though we did receive a text for it. Weird.) . We have not been cashed yet and it is not going to be cashed because we already told our bank. We have not received a rejected package yet.

What is even weirder is
1) if you go to online case status for the second package, it says fingerprint received.
2) on the NOA for I-485 payment information section, the balance due is $0 and amount received is $1225 (Again we have not been cashed)

We originally thought we are not even going to receive texts & NOA and would just receive a rejected package but instead received 3 NOAs.
One possibility is that they just deposited the checks and sent these NOAs but the bank is taking a time to process/reject the check so they don't know that yet?

Sorry for the lengthy explanation....but thank you for your thoughts! The dates are updated on the spreadsheet too for informational purpose.

Hey guys and mom! I have some confusing situations here and wanted to see your thoughts.

Question:
What do you think is happening to our second AOS package? Is it just going to be rejected at some point even after NOAs?
If we received NOAs for our second package, does this means we would need to pay for another DV fee? I know asked the same question before but am wondering if the fact that now we received NOAs for the second package would change the answer or not.

Context:
We sent our second AOS package after 45 days of our first package arrival, thinking the first one was lost somewhere. Our first was cashed at Day 49. Therefore, we asked our bank not to accept the specific checks for our second package to essentially kill it before they process it.

However, Last week we received notification text messages from USCIS for our second package (4 in total. 2 for I-485 and 2 for I-795) and yesterday, we received 3 NOAs in mails (still missing one NOA for I-485 for some reason though we did receive a text for it. Weird.) . We have not been cashed yet and it is not going to be cashed because we already told our bank. We have not received a rejected package yet.

What is even weirder is
1) if you go to online case status for the second package, it says fingerprint received.
2) on the NOA for I-485 payment information section, the balance due is $0 and amount received is $1225 (Again we have not been cashed)

We originally thought we are not even going to receive texts & NOA and would just receive a rejected package but instead received 3 NOAs.
One possibility is that they just deposited the checks and sent these NOAs but the bank is taking a time to process/reject the check so they don't know that yet?

Sorry for the lengthy explanation....but thank you for your thoughts! The dates are updated on the spreadsheet too for informational purpose.
Same response earlier on provided to someone else today in a similar situation applies.
Previous response about the DV administrative fee still applies.

Question:

Context:

What is even weirder is

Don't be worry, the second AOS will be rejected for insufficient balance soon. Does it seem like a personal check, not a cashier check?.
They will try to cash the check again after a week from the first try if not cashed they gonna reject it. I remember it happened to someone I know in the Marriage case.

Hi ! Never used a forum before ! I won the DV lottery and my number was in May 2021 bulletin :

Here my timeline:
04/28/21 Package received
05/22/21 Fee paid
05/24/21 text message with case number
06/30/21 biometrics appt

currently status at « Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken » ( 19 days ago)
Any of you did get their green card without the online status updated ?

I have a question ... may be more than one haha

I am still waiting for my work permit I765 , and my actual work permit expire this Wednesday... Can i still work since i am in a process of a GC and pending for i765 ?

I did called uscis, they gave me a service number for a level 2 officer can call me , BUT the delay is 30 days LOL i hope to have my green card by then since the dead line is coming fast and we need this little card in our hands before September 30th 2021 .

Anybody in Palm beach field ?
What are your currently delay after biometrics to received the card or interview ....

Thank you for your help !

Hi ! Never used a forum before ! I won the DV lottery and my number was in May 2021 bulletin :

Here my timeline:
05/22/21 Fee paid
06/30/21 biometrics appt

currently status at « Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken » ( 19 days ago)

I am still waiting for my work permit I765 , and my actual work permit expire this Wednesday... Can i still work since i am in a process of a GC and pending for i765 ?

I did called uscis, they gave me a service number for a level 2 officer can call me , BUT the delay is 30 days LOL i hope to have my green card by then since the dead line is coming fast and we need this little card in our hands before September 30th 2021 .

What are your currently delay after biometrics to received the card or interview ....

1&2. I am not sure.
2. Check this spreadsheet

Your OPT processing has no bearing on your pending AOS application.
1. Hopefully, you were still a full time student and had never violated your F1 status prior to OPT application?
2. And were you still in F1 when you filed for AOS
Thanks for your response.
1. Never violated
2. Yes. I was on F1
Actually I am thinking about discontinuing EAD application and RFE and wait for my AOS. I was wondering if it causes an issue...?

Here my timeline:
05/22/21 Fee paid
06/30/21 biometrics appt

Also, it would be helpful if you could request permission to edit the spreadsheet and add your timeline there.

1. Never violated
2. Yes. I was on F1
Actually I am thinking about discontinuing EAD application and RFE and wait for my AOS. I was wondering if it causes an issue...?
It will cause an issue for you if for some reason you didn’t get a green card, then you have to leave immediately if your prior status has expired. Up to you what level of risk you are comfortable with.

no, you need a valid EAD to work. Your adjustment pending status allows you to remain in the US but it does not allow you to work without an EAD. If your old one expires and you do not yet have a new one, you may not work. (And if you do work without a valid EAD then you have violated status and will not be allowed to adjust status.)

no, you need a valid EAD to work. Your adjustment pending status allows you to remain in the US but it does not allow you to work without an EAD. If your old one expires and you do not yet have a new one, you may not work. (And if you do work without a valid EAD then you have violated status and will not be allowed to adjust status.)
I was scared of this answer ... I just dont know what they do expect ! It’s been 83 days waiting for my EAD so ridiculous to not be able to work when you already have a work permit even just expired ... so i should loose my job to stay here ... so unfair ....

Here my timeline:
05/22/21 Fee paid
06/30/21 biometrics appt

1. There have been folks who got approved without an interview, but not without the online status being updated.
2. If your current work permit ends while your AOS based EAD card approval (or the GC itself) is pending, you have to stop working. Pending AOS based EAD, or pending AOS applications do not provide work authorization.
3&4. Take a look at the Timeline spreadsheet(s).

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one per post.

1. There have been folks who got approved without an interview, but not without the online status being updated.
2. If your current work permit ends while your AOS based EAD card approval (or the GC itself) is pending, you have to stop working. Pending AOS based EAD, or pending AOS applications do not provide work authorization.
3&4. Take a look at the Timeline spreadsheet(s).

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one per post.
Thank you !

I was scared of this answer ... I just dont know what they do expect ! It’s been 83 days waiting for my EAD so ridiculous to not be able to work when you already have a work permit even just expired ... so i should loose my job to stay here ... so unfair ....
Well, what was your plan to ensure you keep working if you hadn't been selected for the DV?
It is not like the US government is forcing you to stay in the US, so I'm not sure about the "so i should loose my job to stay here" comment, or what is so unfair about the fact that you can't keep working if you have no work authorization.

Last edited:
1. Never violated
2. Yes. I was on F1
Highly recommend you respond to the RFE, don't create some unnecessary scrutiny for your AOS case (in addition to Susie's already spot on response).

Last edited: