• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi,
We received the interview letter from the FO, but not the biometric notice.
do we need to call and schedule it before the interview or can we do the biometrics at the interview?
CH

I had a chat with tier 1 agent through emma and i asked about the update on my biometric letter or an interview letter. He stated "You spoke with a tier 2 officer on 07/14 they submitted the request, you received a response on 07/16 that stated, "Our records show that your I485 is currently pending adjudication and is within processing times. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay." Your biometrics are pending in the system that schedules applicants for appointments to collect fingerprints. You will have to continue waiting. Those responses come directly from the location processing your case, there is nothing else that we can do." Has anyone received the same response as me? Thank you.
Yes I had a live chat via EMMA today too and was basically told the same thing. Fingers crossed we don't have to wait too much longer! :)

Contacted EMMA.
Biometrics is finally scheduled for 8/12. (NOA May 25th)
Congratulations!

To clarify, did the live agent on EMMA schedule you for the biometrics appt? Or did the live agent just look your case up and confirm you had been scheduled by the Field Office on 08/12 and to expect an appointment letter?

The reason I ask is because I had my first chat with a live agent on EMMA today to ask about my biometrics/interview appointments, and was told I was in the queue for biometrics scheduling, and to keep waiting... so if you think anything you said to your live agent really helped to move things along, I would love to know! :)

Congratulations!

To clarify, did the live agent on EMMA schedule you for the biometrics appt? Or did the live agent just look your case up and confirm you had been scheduled by the Field Office on 08/12 and to expect an appointment letter?

The reason I ask is because I had my first chat with a live agent on EMMA today to ask about my biometrics/interview appointments, and was told I was in the queue for biometrics scheduling, and to keep waiting... so if you think anything you said to your live agent really helped to move things along, I would love to know! :)
Tier 1 agents can't schedule biometrics appointments. The agent probably told @jasperrrr.c that he/she could see that the bio has been scheduled.

I was scared of this answer ... I just dont know what they do expect ! It’s been 83 days waiting for my EAD so ridiculous to not be able to work when you already have a work permit even just expired ... so i should loose my job to stay here ... so unfair ....
83 days! Even before the pandemic that would have been a fast time to get an EAD. The average seems to be around 6 months now, some 4 months but others longer.

What is unfair, I don’t understand - the principle of having valid authorization to work is pretty much the same in every country I’m aware of - and yes work permits expire, you would have known in advance the expiry date - why did you let your current work permit expire?

Congratulations!

I simply asked if my biometrics was scheduled today.
She said yes and that a letter should come no later than 7/29. I did not ask anything besides that :)

Well, what was your plan to ensure you keep working if you hadn't been selected for the DV?
It is not like the US government is forcing you to stay in the US, so I'm not sure about the "so i should loose my job to stay here" comment, or what is so unfair about the fact that you can't keep working if you have no work authorization.
LOL What i was expecting if not selected to the DV ? WELL renew my E2 and then renew my work permit earlier obviously.
US gouvernement is not forcing me to stay for sure .. i find your answer a little bit rude , rough right now .

I can wonder why my case is not going as fast as i was expected , i think i have the right to think that especially that one of my friend (live close to me) did her biometrics and got her green card in hand 10 days later . But she Is not currently working so didn’t care about work permit .

83 days! Even before the pandemic that would have been a fast time to get an EAD. The average seems to be around 6 months now, some 4 months but others longer.

What is unfair, I don’t understand - the principle of having valid authorization to work is pretty much the same in every country I’m aware of - and yes work permits expire, you would have known in advance the expiry date - why did you let your current work permit expire?
Because like I said to Sms1mom , i thought it will be faster because of my friend case and since we need our green card in hand before September 30th . I genuinely think that i would have it earlier or may be the green card directly and dont need the work permit anymore .

I dont understand why i am being questioned when i ask just the question if i can work with my case pending ... for a first time on a forum i wasn’t expecting this , judgements but an answer with respect .

LOL What i was expecting if not selected to the DV ? WELL renew my E2 and then renew my work permit earlier obviously.
US gouvernement is not forcing me to stay for sure .. i find your answer a little bit rude , rough right now .

I can wonder why my case is not going as fast as i was expected , i think i have the right to think that especially that one of my friend (live close to me) did her biometrics and got her green card in hand 10 days later . But she Is not currently working so didn’t care about work permit .
Yeah, my respond can come across as "rude" (and I own that) because I don't sugar coat things especially when I come across people making unreasonable comments about how "unfair" the process is considering what other non-DV based applicants applying for this same GC go through. Display of entitlement as against appreciation for a unique opportunity rubs me off the wrong way.

Yeah, my respond can come across as "rude" (and I own that) because I don't sugar coat things especially when I come across people making unreasonable comments about how "unfair" the process is considering what other non-DV based applicants applying for this same GC go through. Display of entitlement as against appreciation for a unique opportunity rubs me off the wrong way.
I might not choose my words wisely because English is not first language but again RUDE answer from you because i just say « unfair » . I wonder now why you choose to name yourself « mom » if you dont have patience with ppl like we do have with our kids.

I might not choose my words wisely because English is not first language but again RUDE answer from you because i just say « unfair » . I wonder now why you choose to name yourself « mom » if you dont have patience with ppl like we do have with our kids.
Again, I don't sugar coat - I own that. Your opinion as to my rudeness and I certainly don't owe you an explanation as to my username selection. FYI: I never named myself nor introduced myself to you as « mom »
So moving on ...

Last edited:

I don’t understand why you didn’t renew it anyway - it is always advisable to keep a back up option in case DV doesn’t work out. You can never rely on a case going fast regardless what happens to friends.

Because like I said to Sms1mom , i thought it will be faster because of my friend case and since we need our green card in hand before September 30th . I genuinely think that i would have it earlier or may be the green card directly and dont need the work permit anymore .

I dont understand why i am being questioned when i ask just the question if i can work with my case pending ... for a first time on a forum i wasn’t expecting this , judgements but an answer with respect .
You are being “questioned“ becasue it is curious to us (more so to me now I know the story and that you actually had the option) why you would have let the work permit lapse when you could have prevented this situation- yet you call out the government as being “unfair” to you! As you yourself note here, it is Sept 30 that is the deadline and what anyone here would have advised you to factor in (in other words, make sure you renew your EAD if expiring before then) if you had asked here beforehand. Honestly, it sounds like the situation you find yourself in was entirely preventable. No one was “judging”, just asking, sorry you perceived it that way but it doesn’t change the facts of the case either way.

read her name properly, it is “someone’s mom” - not yours!!!

Last edited:
Hi guys,
How long does it take for your status to update online after you take biometrics. Or does it not get updated for some