• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I have just returned with my son from our interview. It was all Ok, the young lady very polite and serious, she mentioned we are DV preferred attention. She reviewed all the I485 forms and asked several questions about our name , address , etc. The only question that we were confused was the one that If you have been in some group club or military group, we said NO, but she said you said you are in the Club Regatas, Oh yes!, we listened Military and that s why we said No. The rest of questions were security No s. She asked what were our plans to work in the future. Then she said if we had some questions. She asked us if we wanted to fix some info or add some documents. We didnt. I asked about the finger prints we need, she said that she will arrange an appointment and they will send us the invitation. Then she accompanied us to the elevator. No questions about our Status etc. She asked if we had another question? I wanted to ask HOw we did? but I said No thank you. She gave us a Notice of interview results. It says you case is being held for review. We dont need more documents from you but if we need you will receive a notice in the mail. Is this good? She said that when we receive the invitation for the print fingers we could try a Walk in.
Congratulations on your interview. Didn't she try to get your biometrics there? Or did she tell anything about it? Thanks.

I contacted USCIS today to book an info pass to my field office to issue a travel document because I need to travel overseas by August 1, when I will go to the field office can I ask about my pending AOS , since my interview was 3 weeks ago, or the pass is only to issue the required travel document? There is no update for my case till now, after the interview even by stating the case is pending under review

Hi friends, my wife and I attended the interview yesterday in Houston. My wife is the principal applicant. It was a difficult interview lasted almost 2 hours. Officer went through the forms multiple times with critical attitude. He did not approve right away. I asked him when can we expect a response. He replied "You will have an answer by September 30, one way or other". However, my wife's case is approved that afternoon and new card being produced. My case is still under review. Is having different approval times (or denying one) for spouses common?
Thanks

I have just returned with my son from our interview. It was all Ok, the young lady very polite and serious, she mentioned we are DV preferred attention. She reviewed all the I485 forms and asked several questions about our name , address , etc. The only question that we were confused was the one that If you have been in some group club or military group, we said NO, but she said you said you are in the Club Regatas, Oh yes!, we listened Military and that s why we said No. The rest of questions were security No s. She asked what were our plans to work in the future. Then she said if we had some questions. She asked us if we wanted to fix some info or add some documents. We didnt. I asked about the finger prints we need, she said that she will arrange an appointment and they will send us the invitation. Then she accompanied us to the elevator. No questions about our Status etc. She asked if we had another question? I wanted to ask HOw we did? but I said No thank you. She gave us a Notice of interview results. It says you case is being held for review. We dont need more documents from you but if we need you will receive a notice in the mail. Is this good? She said that when we receive the invitation for the print fingers we could try a Walk in.
Congratulations, the same question get confused me during the interview since it combine the obligatory military service , with legal and illegal groups and clubs, I did the same like you , I answered NO, but during the interview I corrected it yes with clarification what obligatory military service did i do so at my home country, but I have a question the officer did not give me a notice of interview result, should i receive a notice of my interview result?

Hi, I’m worry about my package hasn’t been accepted for 32 days and it is still not. I saw that people who sent their second packages got them accepted in 1-2 weeks after delivery date while the first package hasn’t been for more than a month.

Called my doctor office today and they said that he may give us a new envelope for $30. But the med exam date will be the same, am I correct that it is ok cause 60 days rule is about I-693/envelope is signed and med exam itself is valid for two years?

(thinking about sending the second package, cause it’s only 2 months left and already estimated like it is 50% or less chance to get our gc because of current timelines, but can’t just wait doing nothing to increase those chances).

Last edited:
I contacted USCIS today to book an info pass to my field office to issue a travel document because I need to travel overseas by August 1, when I will go to the field office can I ask about my pending AOS , since my interview was 3 weeks ago, or the pass is only to issue the required travel document? There is no update for my case till now, after the interview even by stating the case is pending under review
Yes, you can also ask about the pending case adjudication.

Try chatting with EMMA online. You can also consider initiating a congressional inquiry.
Hi mom, bit of an update - I kept trying the line and eventually got through. The first tier 2 agent request (20 days) never came, but when I got through, the tier 1 agent was nice enough to put in another request for urgent (2-3 days). I didn't receive a call from the second request either, but they emailed me my bio appointment information for 8/3!

I had some questions in relation to the biometrics

1. one of my fingertips has a hypertrophic scar on it (still relatively small, about the size of 2-3mm in diameter), impacting one of my fingerprints. It's not directly in the centre, but closer to the edge of where the fingerprint would be. Should I be concerned about this when I go for my biometrics? (e.g. will it cause can error/slow my case and is there anything I can do to help this?)

2. Do I need to do anything for the background check or is that something that happens outside of any action taken by me?

Hi friends, my wife and I attended the interview yesterday in Houston. My wife is the principal applicant. It was a difficult interview lasted almost 2 hours. Officer went through the forms multiple times with critical attitude. He did not approve right away. I asked him when can we expect a response. He replied "You will have an answer by September 30, one way or other". However, my wife's case is approved that afternoon and new card being produced. My case is still under review. Is having different approval times (or denying one) for spouses common?
Thanks
It wouldn’t be unusual for the main applicant to be approved while a derivative is denied, yes it happens. Since we don’t know anything about your case, you haven’t provided any additional information, not even as to the type of questions you were asked, your current status, etc, we can’t really hazard a guess as to what is going on with your case.

Thanks
Is your case on the timeline spreadsheet? I can't find it. If not can you add your info?

@Sm1smom may have a comment to add, but be careful about going overseas with AP when there is a chance your green card may be issued while you are away. Is there someone at home here who can courier you the GC if necessary? My understanding (from other forum posts) is that the AP stops being valid when the GC is issued, so if that happens while you are away you’ll need to get the actual GC for re-entry.

My check was cashed on 14th of July but I haven't yet received the NOA letter. Is this normal?

I've seen other people in this forum whose check was cashed same date as mine getting the NOA already.

Hi mom, bit of an update - I kept trying the line and eventually got through. The first tier 2 agent request (20 days) never came, but when I got through, the tier 1 agent was nice enough to put in another request for urgent (2-3 days). I didn't receive a call from the second request either, but they emailed me my bio appointment information for 8/3!

1. one of my fingertips has a hypertrophic scar on it (still relatively small, about the size of 2-3mm in diameter), impacting one of my fingerprints. It's not directly in the centre, but closer to the edge of where the fingerprint would be. Should I be concerned about this when I go for my biometrics? (e.g. will it cause can error/slow my case and is there anything I can do to help this?)

2. Do I need to do anything for the background check or is that something that happens outside of any action taken by me?
1. No worries. They even have procedures to deal with people who have no fingerprints.
2. No action from you required.

The bio technician will do their best to capture your prints for the required background check. If what they get is not reliable or usable, they will let you know. Until then, you cannot do anything except show up for the bio.

Hi, I’m worry about my package hasn’t been accepted for 32 days and it is still not. I saw that people who sent their second packages got them accepted in 1-2 weeks after delivery date while the first package hasn’t been for more than a month.

Called my doctor office today and they said that he may give us a new envelope for $30. But the med exam date will be the same, am I correct that it is ok cause 60 days rule is about I-693/envelope is signed and med exam itself is valid for two years?

(thinking about sending the second package, cause it’s only 2 months left and already estimated like it is 50% or less chance to get our gc because of current timelines, but can’t just wait doing nothing to increase those chances).
It's not just the date on the envelope they go by, the date as signed by the CS on the form itself is what the IO will go by (the IO doesn't get to see the envelope, the date and signature portion on the envelope is for the Chicago Lockbox folks). So if you CS is charging you $30 for their signature, it shouldn't be for the envelope alone. They will need to re-sign the form too, (yes, the medical exam date remains the same).

Have you checked to confirm if your payment has been processed? Also, there have been a few folks who actually waited for about 40 days ish before they got any form of package confirmation though.

Hi all, do you need your passport during a biometric appointment or would a valid form of ID (such as US driver's license) and biometric appointment letter suffice?

My check was cashed on 14th of July but I haven't yet received the NOA letter. Is this normal?

I've seen other people in this forum whose check was cashed same date as mine getting the NOA already.
It's only be about a week since your payment was processed though, right? Give it so time.

Hello everyone,
I just did my bio walk-in. I noticed that all my fingers were scanned,but the small two fingers of left showed red warnings even after the lady tried it for two times. Then she said you are all done and I did my signature and left the building. Any one that has a similar experience ? Would it be a reason to get a second biometric? I’m sorry I might be overthinking.

Hi all, do you need your passport during a biometric appointment or would a valid form of ID (such as US driver's license) and biometric appointment letter suffice?
You can use a US Driver's License, or any Federal, State or Local Government issued ID in place of your international passport.

Hi Mom,

we received our NOA in the mail today.
Re the DV receipt, not sure if you recall but I hadn't included a SASE when I sent payment back on June 10. I emailed KCC to ask for an emailed receipt on June 14. No reply. I emailed again June 27 and still no reply or receipt.
Do you suggest I pay this fee again and obv include a SASE this time? Or email again?