• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hey fellas !! Today is a great day for us!
We got interview letters: "REQUEST FOR APPLICANT TO APPEAR FOR INITIAL INTERVIEW". The date for interviews 07/30/2021.
"Initial interview" sounds strange to me, but it's just a common name to refer to the IL, right?
The letters have a list of items to bring with us which is a pretty standard list. However, the list got printed a bit off so the last items are cut. I attach the cut-off part, did you guys get something similar? I wonder what is the last item there:
View attachment 2768

Anyways, I'm extremely happy and so blessed to have so much help from you guys!! My countless thanks to Mom!
Now we'll be prepping and gathering all docs together for the interview:)
Seems like a generic IL from your FO, don’t stress about the cut-off portion or the fact that it says “Initial Interview”. Congratulations on coming this far.

We got interview letters: "REQUEST FOR APPLICANT TO APPEAR FOR INITIAL INTERVIEW". The date for interviews 07/30/2021.
"Initial interview" sounds strange to me, but it's just a common name to refer to the IL, right?
The letters have a list of items to bring with us which is a pretty standard list. However, the list got printed a bit off so the last items are cut. I attach the cut-off part, did you guys get something similar? I wonder what is the last item there:
View attachment 2768

Anyways, I'm extremely happy and so blessed to have so much help from you guys!! My countless thanks to Mom!
Congrats!!

View attachment 2768

Yesterday i got bio letter for 8/02
I tried today to do walk-in at Cleveland ASC and it was a no no. the security couldn't even want to listen to why i was there. He told me the only way he can let me in is if its my scheduled time and date. It wasn't about traffic or anything ( did not see many people it was 2:30 and they close at 3:30) he said they just do not allow walk-ins at all :(.

You could try that and see if the system will allow you to submit the e-request. You can also call again and request to speak with a tier 2 agent.
p.s. no one ever said calling USCIS could be extremely useful but it is worth giving it a shot. Sometimes one gets lucky to have a friendly agent answer the call.
Hi mom,

I called USCIS and they offered me a tier 2 agent to call me back, and said they would call within 14 calandar days - it has now been past that 14 days and I haven't received a call yet.

I tried calling back several times to follow this up and every time I call, around the end of my wait time the call somehow drops out (instead of playing the waiting music, it just goes silent and static-y).

Do you have any suggestions on next best steps since its been almost 2 months since my Lockbox receipt date of 5/17 and I have yet to receive my bio notice?

Hi mom,

I called USCIS and they offered me a tier 2 agent to call me back, and said they would call within 14 calandar days - it has now been past that 14 days and I haven't received a call yet.

I tried calling back several times to follow this up and every time I call, around the end of my wait time the call somehow drops out (instead of playing the waiting music, it just goes silent and static-y).

Do you have any suggestions on next best steps since its been almost 2 months since my Lockbox receipt date of 5/17 and I have yet to receive my bio notice?
Recently a few members have been told by the agent who set up the call to wait 20 days for the callback. It looks like it's taking them a bit longer to call people.

Have you considered initiating a congressional inquiry if it's been two months since you received your NOA?

View attachment 2768

Congrats my friend. I am glad that you too got your interview. I am still waiting.

I am really curious about what is going on in Buffalo/Syracuse district and field office. How busy they can be. I just don't understand.

Hey mom, does it mean that I might get my Interview notice soon?
On June 16, 2021, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust . Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

On June 16, 2021, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust . Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.
That just means that is the date your NOA was issued. You probably received your's around June 23.

how are interview dates handled. Like why would one who sent their application later than another person be scheduled for an interview while the first not. Talking about same field office

Hi mom,

Try chatting with EMMA online. You can also consider initiating a congressional inquiry.

No it doesn't mean that. The update doesn't mean anything outside of what it actually says.

There is no requirement to present a certified copy of the marriage certificate. As long as the original copy is issued by the authorized body responsible for issuing civil documents, you’re fine.
Thank Sm1smom for your response and clarification

Hi mom,

My current EAD expires on July, 23 and I still didn't get my interview scheduled. (Only received the NOA Letter on July 2).

1. Would submitting a congressional request speed up the process?
2. Do you think the expiration of my EAD could be a base for expedite request under "financial loss"?

Thanks so much!