• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi everyone,

My FO is Seattle. My bio appointment arranged on 08/02. I havent got IL yet. As all you know Seattle doesnt allow walk-ins. I tried last Monday and security guy was very strict. I asked two times and he also enjoyed with his answer like "nothing has changed since 30 mins before".

As my understanding, interviews are arranged by FOs and Seattle is eager to arrange it before bio results are out.

My question, what are the odds for the timing btw bio and interview. What do you think ?

Thank you !
Not sure what you mean by “what are the odds for the timing btw bio and interview?”

Since you’ve already tried doing a bio walk in and got turned back, you’ll either wait for your bio scheduled date/time, or visit another ASC (different from your assigned one) and attempt the walk-in there.

I got an email from USCIS ( which was related to my tier 2 call back request) where they said they shipped it on July 16.
In my case it took 7 days almost. They don't send the letter just after notice. But I say give it a time around 5-7 days. In your case watch letter on 22nd or 23rd of July

Not sure what you mean by “what are the odds for the timing btw bio and interview?”

Since you’ve already tried doing a bio walk in and got turned back, you’ll either wait for your bio scheduled date/time, or visit another ASC (different from your assigned one) and attempt the walk-in there.
Thanks for the answer. I think I asked wrong answer. I tried to ask what you think that I might get an interview appointment as a date after bio. How many days later ?

Hello!

We had our interview this morning….
We arrived 15 mins early and then checking in took about 10 mins. We then waited about 20 mins before being called in. IO was polite and asked for all original ID documents first. We then went through the “oath” with him. He asked for a copy of our DV receipt (even though we had sent this with our AOS package). He then proceeded to go over pretty much everything in each of our I-485s making any necessary notes along the way. We had to add a citation for a speeding ticket and provided a copy which he said he’d add to the file. He asked details of employment, military experience and citizenship. We had to have photo and fingerprints done again (just index fingers). At the end he asked if there was anything else to be amended which we answered no. We then signed the I-485s. He gave us a letter for each pretty much saying our file is under review. He said he couldn’t tell us when a decision would be made and commented that they didn’t process many DV cases there but once a decision was made we would receive a letter in the mail. He said he needed to keep the expired EAD cards, which he did. I asked if our background clearances had been received (taken on the 13th) and he was confused as to why we did biometrics when he did them today. Not sure of this comment?? He said he couldn’t see any problems when he checked our files online. I also asked if he had requested our file from KCC and he didn’t even know who KCC was. He commented about some information being “out there” that was incorrect so again, I’m not sure about his comment. He also knew nothing about the case status being updated online once approved either. It appeared that perhaps another person checks the file before being approved and maybe that person would be aware of that part of the process.
The interview itself took about 45mins and I must say that IO made us feel quite nervous. Fingers crossed for a good outcome!
Where is your FO?

Where is your FO?
Take a look at the timeline.
i was also interested considering what was said about it and, honestly, given all the detail in the post they could just have added it in. I for one don’t have time or inclination to go and check the timelines constantly for things like that (especially given some people have a different name in the timelines). YMMV.

i was also interested considering what was said about it and, honestly, given all the detail in the post they could just have added it in. I for one don’t have time or inclination to go and check the timelines constantly for things like that (especially given some people have a different name in the timelines). YMMV.
Dear Susie

That is true, but also it may be that the OP is not familiar with the Timeline (or that it contains FOs as well).

Last edited:
My apologies….

FO - Chicago, IL

He said he needed to keep the expired EAD cards
Why would he keep that? Wouldn't we need that for a future application?
he was confused as to why we did biometrics when he did them today
Im sorry, but I can't understand this part. Do you mean that you did biometric twice?
he didn’t even know who KCC was
Did you explain this to him? That just shows how important it is to email KCC (note to self).

With this newbie in charge of Chicago's DV cases, no wonder why I don't have my interview/bio letters in my hand till this moment.

Why would he keep that? Wouldn't we need that for a future application?

Im sorry, but I can't understand this part. Do you mean that you did biometric twice?

Did you explain this to him? That just shows how important it is to email KCC (note to self).

With this newbie in charge of Chicago's DV cases, no wonder why I don't have my interview/bio letters in my hand till this moment.
1. You don’t need a future EAD if you’re already a LPR.
2. The IO is not responsible for scheduling the bio or the interview, so the newbie isn’t necessarily the reason you have no bio and IL as of now.

Thanks for your response mom

1. You don’t need a future EAD if you’re already a LPR.
But what if I don't get approved on time and want to apply again later.
2. The IO is not responsible for scheduling the bio or the interview
So when on "NBC_LOCKBOX_FO" tab of the spreadsheet it says FO schedules the interview, it does not necessarily mean that person is the IO?

Strange then, while country send their packages to Chicago. They process everything here.
Lockbox is separate from the FO

So when on "NBC_LOCKBOX_FO" tab of the spreadsheet it says FO schedules the interview, it does not necessarily mean that person is the IO?
almost certainly not, whoever is scheduling needs to know all cases being scheduled, calendars of all IOs etc. they will get allocated upcoming cases among available IOs, the IOs will not choose who to interview when. scheduling will be an admin function.

almost certainly not, whoever is scheduling needs to know all cases being scheduled, calendars of all IOs etc. they will get allocated upcoming cases among available IOs, the IOs will not choose who to interview when. scheduling will be an admin function.
Thank you! That makes perfect sense. A quick follow up: when I file an FO inquiry to get my interview scheduled, is that again the same administrative personnel who sees my message rather than the IO?

EDIT: and how about the expedite requests?

Thank you! That makes perfect sense. A quick follow up: when I file an FO inquiry to get my interview scheduled, is that again the same administrative personnel who sees my message rather than the IO?

EDIT: and how about the expedite requests?
1. Yes, there won’t be an IO assigned yet

2. I am not sure, i would suspect that an IO or supervisor needs to evaluate the merits of the request - maybe mom can chip in here

Hi everyone! I'm EU25*** and I have been following this awesome forum for a while now. I just wanted to let you know my notice receipt was made on June 29, the USCIS tracking number is stuck on "Fingerprint fee was received". But I just received this week a notice made on July 12 that it is not necessary for me to come have my biometrics done as they already had them from a previous green card case. Do you guys know if that will make things faster? Is there any positive in contacting a Tier 2 agent at this point? Thanks so much!