• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

small update - I received my bio letter 3 days after I received my interview letter scheduled for the same day - 1 hour before the interview. Phoenix location.

I feel like they try to limit the trips you have to make to USCIS - maybe it helps them to decrease the backlog. I hope they will have bio check results by the time we're finished with the interview

Btw. Is there any point doing bio walk in if I already have scheduled interview?
Highly unlikely the background check would have cleared by the time you complete your interview. Attempt a walk-in in advance of the interview date if you can.

EDIT to add: If your bio is scheduled to take place at your FO, you will not be able to do a walk-in. They are more strict at the FO with walk-in attempts than the ASC

Last edited:
Oh, then it may be bad news for us, because I can see now that only two ($1225*2) of three ours checks were processed, and now I think that something wrong with my child’s application, cause processed two checks are for me and my wife (my kid is under 14, so amount is $835 and it’s not processed (I hope yet)).

I signed my child’s I-485 with mentioning that I’m his father, and prepared his application accordingly to our google sheet (thanks a lot for it again!!), so have no clue what may be wrong with it.
Go through your copy of the I-485 you submitted for your child to verify the form was accurately filled and nothing was left out.

Oh, then it may be bad news for us, because I can see now that only two ($1225*2) of three ours checks were processed, and now I think that something wrong with my child’s application, cause processed two checks are for me and my wife (my kid is under 14, so amount is $835 and it’s not processed (I hope yet)).

I signed my child’s I-485 with mentioning that I’m his father, and prepared his application accordingly to our google sheet (thanks a lot for it again!!), so have no clue what may be wrong with it.
You said you got notifications for you and your child but not your wife, but the checks are cashed for you and your wife but not your child?

You said you got notifications for you and your child but not your wife, but the checks are cashed for you and your wife but not your child?
I thought like that, so:

1. we have 3 people applying (me, wife, child);
2. my phone is in mine and my child’s e-notification forms;
3. my wife’s phone on her e-notification form;
4. yesterday I got two sms on my phone (and thought they are for me and my son and my wife didn’t get any sms);
5. today (till now) I can see that only two checks ($1225) were processed, so my child’s check hasn’t cached yet.

According to the note “usually one applicant get notifications for all applicants” it seems that there is a problem with my child’s application, because I didn’t get 3rd notification and 3rd check hasn't been cashed.

questions:
1. Does anyone here has a delay between applications were accepted by lockbox like day or more?

2. Is there is an issue with my child’s application, how is it influencing my and my wife’s applications/whole process?

Last edited:
Thanks Mom!

Online status has been updated to “New Card is Being Processed”!!!!! Yippeeeeee!!

I will continue to update once letters and cards are received.

Thank you to everyone for being a part of this forum - so informative! And a special thanks to Mom for all of your patience!
congratulations!

I thought like that, so:

1. we have 3 people applying (me, wife, child);
2. my phone is in mine and my child’s e-notification forms;
3. my wife’s phone on her e-notification form;
4. yesterday I got two sms on my phone (and thought they are for me and my son and my wife didn’t get any sms);
5. today (till now) I can see that only two checks ($1225) were processed, so my child’s check hasn’t cached yet.

According to the note “usually one applicant get notifications for all applicants” it seems that there is a problem with my child’s application, because I didn’t get 3rd notification and 3rd check hasn't been cashed.

questions:
1. Does anyone here has a delay between applications were accepted by lockbox like day or more?

2. Is there is an issue with my child’s application, how is it influencing my and my wife’s applications/whole process?
Typically when there's no acceptance notification on one application (out of the group/family pack sent), that particular application might be facing a rejection for one reason or the other. this is why I asked you earlier on to go review your child's I-485 form as a starting point to confirm you correctly filled it out/signed it as required. Another reason may be due to insufficient fund in the account. But of course the only way to know for certain what the issue is (if it has to do with the package being rejected) will be when the package get's returned. Meanwhile the already accepted packages will continue processing, the package with the issue will have no impact on them (unless of course if the package with the issue happens to be that of the principal/main applicant).

:D:D:D - you got me laughing with tears rolling down my checks, gosh! You crack me up big time with this :D:D.

To set the record straight, at no point did I think you were asking a dumb question. I admit my response could be short or snappy at times (or even rude by some people’s standards), I do that when I’m trying to get you to calm down and think for yourself especially when you get so worked up and fail to see the obvious.

Anyways, congratulations on the successful interview. I’m truly happy for you. Hang tight, this part of the journey is almost over (the naturalization process is another potential beast to overcome a couple of years down the road should you choose to become a USC). Your GC should be showing up soon in your mailbox.
Hahahahha YES I MADE IT!! U know I challenged myself since the last year and I was “i promise i’s crack her up one of these days” i’m super glad i did that hahah.
And mom honestly if u werent that raw with me i probably would still be stuck till now. I remember before i was counting too much on lawyer till u told me to stand up and push take this case with my own hands. That fired me up right away and that’s how i got my interview notice in a matter of days so thanks for everything u do, you do it out of love and I saw that from the beginning

Re roasting you publicly, it was all coming from a place of love by the way ;) And you’re not the only one who feels like that (there’s one or two others - I wouldn’t mention their names, they know themselves:D:D)

At the close of each FY, I end up with a couple of favorites from the forum (oops! did I say that aloud?). Guess what, you made that list for whatever it is worth.
Hahahha now hey i’m more happy about that than I was when I got approved! Getting ur GC is nothing compared to the mountain I had to climb to end up in ur favorite list! That’s called dedication people, always follow ur dreams lmao thank you mom, i’m honored to hear that really

Wondering when the request for evidence [RFE] actually comes. Is it before or after biometrics. At what stage does it take place. Thanks a lot.

Are you expecting a RFE? Why do you think you will get one?
There is some information to do with my education and work that i submitted with my 1-485, but it wasn't conclusive as some documents from school were pending [this is for my masters' program , but i submitted for the bachelors' degree].
So am factoring in the time left and wondering at what stage the RFE would be required.
THanks

Highly unlikely the background check would have cleared by the time you complete your interview. Attempt a walk-in in advance of the interview date if you can.

EDIT to add: If your bio is scheduled to take place at your FO, you will not be able to do a walk-in. They are more strict at the FO with walk-in attempts than the ASC
Mom, in my case, both ASC and FO are at the same address (maybe it is a matter of floor differences). Does that mean it would be hard to do walk in?

Mom, in my case, both ASC and FO are at the same address (maybe it is a matter of floor differences). Does that mean it would be hard to do walk in?
Not mom but I believe so, because there is a different security procedure at the main entrance of a FO (much more going on inside) vs an ASC.