• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

1. I don't see why USCIS will have difficulty with reconciling the KCC file with your AOS application - isn't there a lastname/surname and CN associated with both files?
2. Yup! Overthinking.
3. Electronically sent.
1. Yes there is a last name which matches on both - But the First name (Given name) does not match because in KCC file i had to break it into 2 parts and i485 its in one piece

Last edited:
Luckily for you uscis uses case numbers and not just names to match cases, or all the John Smiths of the world would be in big trouble ;)
I thought they match the case number plus the Surname and First name . That was my confusion. Because the first name wont match in my case

I thought they match the case number plus the Surname and First name . That was my confusion. Because the first name wont match in my case
The question is did you list your name in the “Other Name” section of your I-485 same way you listed it on the eDV entry form? If you didn’t, that could have triggered a new round of background check, just so you know.

I would appreciate your thoughts on whether I understand the process right (below).

Just to make sure I did everything right with my DV payment fee:

1) I filled the form from the site, printed and put it in the envelope (mail)
2) I did postal money order un USPS for 330$, and wrote DV case number in "Memo" section
3) I put another SASE envelope in my original envelope

I sent it with Priority mail and now waiting for DV payment fee receipt that should come with my SASE envelope ~within a month.

Currently, I almost finished my medical exam process and other documents for i-485, but it better to wait to receive DV payment fee receipt, because otherwise my application might be rejected. Also, my number will become current in June, so it`s better to wait until June to make sure that my case won`t be rejected due to early filing. Filing in June is not late because I will have 4 months before the end of the year, so the chance to get the interview is still high.
My medical examination can be dated and signed by CS now, because it won`t be expired anyway, as the latest filing date from my side is June 1st and therefore by that time ~40 days will pass (<60).

Am I right in the way I understand the process?

Thank you!!

1. It is possible the 2NL already got sent and it went into your spam box. Still no problem though if you never receive it.
2. Yes of course, go ahead with the DV administrative fee payment, schedule and complete your medical exam, you don't need to wait for the 2NL to do all those.

p.s. go over the AOS process spreadsheet again, closely review the FAQ tab and regularly refer to it (that tab in particular gets updated on a regular basis, that tab is highly recommended, especially for those whose CNs recently became current).
I checked my spam, but there is no email( 2NL) from KCC. In fact, I tried emailing KCC but I always get an automatic response even though I always include my DOB, Name, and CN.

I would appreciate your thoughts on whether I understand the process right (below).

2) I did postal money order un USPS for 330$, and wrote DV case number in "Memo" section

I sent it with Priority mail and now waiting for DV payment fee receipt that should come with my SASE envelope ~within a month.

Currently, I almost finished my medical exam process and other documents for i-485, but it better to wait to receive DV payment fee receipt, because otherwise my application might be rejected. Also, my number will become current in June, so it`s better to wait until June to make sure that my case won`t be rejected due to early filing. Filing in June is not late because I will have 4 months before the end of the year, so the chance to get the interview is still high.
My medical examination can be dated and signed by CS now, because it won`t be expired anyway, as the latest filing date from my side is June 1st and therefore by that time ~40 days will pass (<60).

Thank you!!
I was thinking to do the same, as early filing but I am scared that my case will be rejected. I m wondering if someone here try it and made it successfully.

Thank you!!
Looks like you are on track. I believe we are in the same situation, so can you please tell me whether you received your 2NL or not? Thanks

I checked my spam, but there is no email( 2NL) from KCC. In fact, I tried emailing KCC but I always get an automatic response even though I always include my DOB, Name, and CN.
Considering you submitted your DS260 back in June 2020, if the 2NL was sent like one or two months after you submitted the form and it went into the spam folder, it obviously wouldn’t be there now, or you mean you’ve been checking the spam folder since back then?

Considering you submitted your DS260 back in June 2020, if the 2NL was sent like one or two months after you submitted the form and it went into the spam folder, it obviously wouldn’t be there now, or you mean you’ve been checking the spam folder since back then?
Yes, I have been checking since then but I got no email from KCC. I even called them when their phone was operating, but all they said was that 2NLs are sent based on case numbers.

Hi Everyone!

Have anybody contacted KCC over the phone? Or have anybody contacted them before. For the previous two days there was just voicemail saying to email to them and they could not pick up the phone.

Hello Mom,

1. Do I need to send a copy of Form I-134 or the original?
2. As you know, a personal check is preferable for the filing fee to USCIS. I can simply write a check from my own bank account. right?
3. The following is an accurate sample of the USCIS check. Right?

Thank you so much for your time.

Attachments

• check.jpg
    check.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 32
I have begun assembling my AOS package. For no 5. on the spreadsheet, can I include professional certifications as well? I have a few IT certifications and I was wondering if those will help to overcome the probability of becoming a public charge. I'm trying to maximize my chances of getting approved without an interview (if I'm lucky!).

1619152558650.png

Hello Mom,

1. Do I need to send a copy of Form I-134 or the original?
2. As you know, a personal check is preferable for the filing fee to USCIS. I can simply write a check from my own bank account. right?
3. The following is an accurate sample of the USCIS check. Right?

Thank you so much for your time.
1. It doesn’t matter, as long as the copy is clear and legible.
2. Yes.
3. It is from USCIS’s website.

I have begun assembling my AOS package. For no 5. on the spreadsheet, can I include professional certifications as well? I have a few IT certifications and I was wondering if those will help to overcome the probability of becoming a public charge. I'm trying to maximize my chances of getting approved without an interview (if I'm lucky!).

View attachment 2466
You can, if you like. It isn’t likely to influence an approval without an interview decision.

Thank you!!
I was thinking to do the same, as early filing but I am scared that my case will be rejected. I m wondering if someone here try it and made it successfully.
I do not mean to scare you, but you might want to reconsider whether you want to date your I-693 now if you only plan to send it right before June. Your package might get rejected for any unforeseen mistakes (eg. outdated forms, incorrect fees, or simply the administrative error from the Chicago lockbox, etc.). In that case, your I-693 will likely expire before you even receive the reject notice, and you will need to re-do the medical exam to resubmit your AOS package.

If you take a look at the timeline spreadsheet, you can find that several people did early filing. I did early filing too - CN became current in Mar, AOS package was received by Chicago lockbox on Jan 27th. My package was not rejected due to early filing. I have not had my interview yet so I can not tell you if my case would make it successfully. You have to decide if you want to take the risk though.

When I entered to USA did nt plan to stay or to do AOS. I did nt bring my son s vaccination record card and neither mine. Then we have had to receive the Tetanus and the M. We are waiting for the results of blood now. I had my 1st. COVID 4 days before these new vaccs and the doctors said it was not a problem. We went to CVS with the order of the Medical center . We feel Ok thanks God
I was worried because I did nt update our new USA address in the DS 260 but I ve read Mon s that it is not a problem. Fee Doctor for me and my son 1,040 plus the M vaccina was 109 each one in CVS and the Tetanus 75 each one .. the good thing that with this fantastic forum we no longer have to pay a lawyer Thank you Mom for the Spreadsheet

Good day.

Thank you for the information, however, may you tell me the procedures for AOS for my wife who is already in the US and is adjusting as my derivative. I (the principal applicant), and our children are based outside the US. According to the recently published VB, our case # 2021AF00044*** is now current. If we are scheduled, does this mean our visa numbers are immediately available?

Should she require further assistance, how can she reach you? She is based in Dallas, Texas.

Please, advise and help us.

Thank you