DV 2021 AOS Only

dhanu159

Hi everyone! Search engine couldn’t generate answers to my question. I’m trying to contact KCC about CO change to AoS. Wrote in body this message: “Good afternoon! We would like to change our Consular Processing to the Adjustment of Status, as currently we are studying and living in the US (Chicago, IL) for more than year.”

should I write to subject only CN and name/surname?
KCC takes like 2 weeks to reply to your email , so i suggest you send everything in the email(Name/DOB/CN etc) so that they can locate your file ..if not after 2 weeks you will just get a reply from them telling they couldnt locate your file and to send in the required information.

Welcome101

Hello mom,
I must start by saying that your spreadsheet has helped me a lot in this process. I am a DV2021 winner currently in the United States and I already submitted my DS-260 in June 2020. However, I only received a ds260 submission confirmation since then.
My case number is now current and I want to know whether I can go a head and pay the DV administrative fee without receiving a 2NL or any form of instructions or feedback from KCC.
If my payment is accepted, can I go ahead and send the AOS package?
Thank you.

fauchc

Hello mom,
I must start by saying that your spreadsheet has helped me a lot in this process. I am a DV2021 winner currently in the United States and I already submitted my DS-260 in June 2020. However, I only received a ds260 submission confirmation since then.
My case number is now current and I want to know whether I can go a head and pay the DV administrative fee without receiving a 2NL or any form of instructions or feedback from KCC.
Thank you.
You can go ahead and pay the administrative fee, you don’t need the 2NL to make the payment. You don’t even need the 2NL to send the package actually.

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hi @Sm1smom - so KCC emailed me telling they sent my file to USCIS. Question . my name is super long so in the DV entry in the first name field I had to put a portion of the name and in middle name section I had the other portion. However in my i485 I was able to enter all my name in the first name itself.
Now will this be a problem for USCIS to identify my file?

Now that my case is more than 1 month im thinking this is what is making the case to hold up or am i just overthinking?
And also when KCC says they forwarded the file is it online or how does that work?
1. I don't see why USCIS will have difficulty with reconciling the KCC file with your AOS application - isn't there a lastname/surname and CN associated with both files?
2. Yup! Overthinking.
3. Electronically sent.

sultiik

KCC takes like 2 weeks to reply to your email , so i suggest you send everything in the email(Name/DOB/CN etc) so that they can locate your file ..if not after 2 weeks you will just get a reply from them telling they couldnt locate your file and to send in the required information.
Thanks!

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hello mom,
Thank you.
1. It is possible the 2NL already got sent and it went into your spam box. Still no problem though if you never receive it.
2. Yes of course, go ahead with the DV administrative fee payment, schedule and complete your medical exam, you don't need to wait for the 2NL to do all those.

p.s. go over the AOS process spreadsheet again, closely review the FAQ tab and regularly refer to it (that tab in particular gets updated on a regular basis, that tab is highly recommended, especially for those whose CNs recently became current).

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hi everyone! Search engine couldn’t generate answers to my question. I’m trying to contact KCC about CO change to AoS. Wrote in body this message: “Good afternoon! We would like to change our Consular Processing to the Adjustment of Status, as currently we are studying and living in the US (Chicago, IL) for more than year.”

should I write to subject only CN and name/surname?
I recommend you closely review you 1NL for guidance on how to email KCC - use your discretion in deciding on an applicable Subject line.

dhanu159

1. I don't see why USCIS will have difficulty with reconciling the KCC file with your AOS application - isn't there a lastname/surname and CN associated with both files?
2. Yup! Overthinking.
3. Electronically sent.
1. Yes there is a last name which matches on both - But the First name (Given name) does not match because in KCC file i had to break it into 2 parts and i485 its in one piece

Last edited:

dhanu159

Luckily for you uscis uses case numbers and not just names to match cases, or all the John Smiths of the world would be in big trouble ;)
I thought they match the case number plus the Surname and First name . That was my confusion. Because the first name wont match in my case

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
I thought they match the case number plus the Surname and First name . That was my confusion. Because the first name wont match in my case
The question is did you list your name in the “Other Name” section of your I-485 same way you listed it on the eDV entry form? If you didn’t, that could have triggered a new round of background check, just so you know.

Generous

I would appreciate your thoughts on whether I understand the process right (below).

Just to make sure I did everything right with my DV payment fee:

1) I filled the form from the site, printed and put it in the envelope (mail)
2) I did postal money order un USPS for 330$, and wrote DV case number in "Memo" section
3) I put another SASE envelope in my original envelope

I sent it with Priority mail and now waiting for DV payment fee receipt that should come with my SASE envelope ~within a month.

Currently, I almost finished my medical exam process and other documents for i-485, but it better to wait to receive DV payment fee receipt, because otherwise my application might be rejected. Also, my number will become current in June, so it`s better to wait until June to make sure that my case won`t be rejected due to early filing. Filing in June is not late because I will have 4 months before the end of the year, so the chance to get the interview is still high.
My medical examination can be dated and signed by CS now, because it won`t be expired anyway, as the latest filing date from my side is June 1st and therefore by that time ~40 days will pass (<60).

Am I right in the way I understand the process?

Thank you!!

Welcome101

1. It is possible the 2NL already got sent and it went into your spam box. Still no problem though if you never receive it.
2. Yes of course, go ahead with the DV administrative fee payment, schedule and complete your medical exam, you don't need to wait for the 2NL to do all those.

p.s. go over the AOS process spreadsheet again, closely review the FAQ tab and regularly refer to it (that tab in particular gets updated on a regular basis, that tab is highly recommended, especially for those whose CNs recently became current).
I checked my spam, but there is no email( 2NL) from KCC. In fact, I tried emailing KCC but I always get an automatic response even though I always include my DOB, Name, and CN.

Wow_277

I would appreciate your thoughts on whether I understand the process right (below).

2) I did postal money order un USPS for 330$, and wrote DV case number in "Memo" section

I sent it with Priority mail and now waiting for DV payment fee receipt that should come with my SASE envelope ~within a month.

Currently, I almost finished my medical exam process and other documents for i-485, but it better to wait to receive DV payment fee receipt, because otherwise my application might be rejected. Also, my number will become current in June, so it`s better to wait until June to make sure that my case won`t be rejected due to early filing. Filing in June is not late because I will have 4 months before the end of the year, so the chance to get the interview is still high.
My medical examination can be dated and signed by CS now, because it won`t be expired anyway, as the latest filing date from my side is June 1st and therefore by that time ~40 days will pass (<60).

Thank you!!
I was thinking to do the same, as early filing but I am scared that my case will be rejected. I m wondering if someone here try it and made it successfully.

Welcome101

Thank you!!
Looks like you are on track. I believe we are in the same situation, so can you please tell me whether you received your 2NL or not? Thanks

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
I checked my spam, but there is no email( 2NL) from KCC. In fact, I tried emailing KCC but I always get an automatic response even though I always include my DOB, Name, and CN.
Considering you submitted your DS260 back in June 2020, if the 2NL was sent like one or two months after you submitted the form and it went into the spam folder, it obviously wouldn’t be there now, or you mean you’ve been checking the spam folder since back then?

Welcome101

Considering you submitted your DS260 back in June 2020, if the 2NL was sent like one or two months after you submitted the form and it went into the spam folder, it obviously wouldn’t be there now, or you mean you’ve been checking the spam folder since back then?
Yes, I have been checking since then but I got no email from KCC. I even called them when their phone was operating, but all they said was that 2NLs are sent based on case numbers.

hap3158

Hi Everyone!

Have anybody contacted KCC over the phone? Or have anybody contacted them before. For the previous two days there was just voicemail saying to email to them and they could not pick up the phone.

Youn

Hello Mom,

1. Do I need to send a copy of Form I-134 or the original?
2. As you know, a personal check is preferable for the filing fee to USCIS. I can simply write a check from my own bank account. right?
3. The following is an accurate sample of the USCIS check. Right?

Thank you so much for your time.

Attachments

• check.jpg
    check.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 28