• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Thank you, and sorry I didnt check that before asking here. A follow up question, it says in the FAQ that if you dont include the DV fee receipt you lose the small posibility of being granted a GC without interview. I didnt know this could even happend. Do we know how often the grant green cards without interview or what are the factors the consider for it?

Thanks in advance.
Some IOs make the determination to approve without an interview based on their workload and if they consider the application to be fully frontloaded enough with all the required documentation.

I cannot find an answer to the following question in the spreadsheet. For the IRS Tax transcript which of the following 4 should I download from IRS webpage?
1. Return Transcript
2. Record of Account Transcript
3. Account Transcript
4. Wage & Income Transcript

I cannot find an answer to the following question in the spreadsheet. For the IRS Tax transcript which of the following 4 should I download from IRS webpage?
1. Return Transcript
2. Record of Account Transcript
3. Account Transcript
4. Wage & Income Transcript
Return transcripts

Hi mom,

Wanted to confirm if we are to include the sealed medical examination envelope in the AOS Package (as noted in the excel sheet) or to bring the envelop to the interview? I saw on the travel.gov website directing us to bring it to the interview. Thank you in advance.

1619190562090.png

Hi mom,

Wanted to confirm if we are to include the sealed medical examination envelope in the AOS Package (as noted in the excel sheet) or to bring the envelop to the interview? I saw on the travel.gov website directing us to bring it to the interview. Thank you in advance.

View attachment 2468
The section you've quoted is not AOS related, you'll notice it says schedule a medical appointment in the country where you will be interviewed - what you're looking at is specifically for CP. If you're processing AOS, that is not your point of reference.

Back to AOS, yes you may include the medical exam with your AOS package (as noted on the spreadsheet which is the highly recommended option) or you may decide to mail your AOS package without the medical exam with the plan of taking it along with you to your interview. However, I suggest you take a look at the FAQ tab of the AOS spreadsheet first for more on this before deciding.

actually ups delivers to P.O BOX thats how i sent mine. Ups will ask you to sign a document as they will hand it to USPS to put in the box
Blast! They never got me to sign a document stating that they'd hand it to USPS, the only comms I've received mentioned that it was redirected to the mentioned address (copied in original note). Should I follow up with UPS? i've reached out to KCC for confirmation but they haven't responded (yet)

Hi there! I wanted to ask some questions here as I am preparing for AOS Package. I’ve read through every single piece on the spreadsheet. (Super helpful. thx!)

1. My wife is the principal applicant for DV2021 AOS and she is currently on L1B and also planning to apply for EAD at the same time as AOS. In this case, we assume that we need to send a copy of SSN due to her current employment status. However, her current SSN has her former last name before our marriage. Is it going to be a problem if we send the current copy of SSN in the AOS Package? She is updating her SSN with her new last name soon but it takes a month to get a new card so was wondering if we can send the current one for now so we can send AOS Package soon. Everything else like passport and bank account have been updated to the new last name. Just SSN.
  1. Is 1NL the page that you can see on the entrant status check? It says that you have been randomly selected and also states the case number? We have that pdf file downloaded but just don’t have any physical mail or even email. Just a webpage is enough?
  1. For the required documents for applicant spouse, the spreadsheet says that you need 1NL. Does this mean we just need the 1NL from the principal applicant (selectee) ?
  1. If both the principal applicant/selectee and spouse hold a dual intent visa (L1B and E2), we do not need to apply to I-131 (Advanced Parole). Is this correct?
  2. I don’t see any A number (mentioned in I485) assigned to us so far. Anywhere to look for it or it is ok to leave it a blank? (I found a thread here which says to leave it a blank but wasnt sure if that applies to us)

I am sorry for the long message here and really appreciate your thoughts.

@Sm1smom
Hi mom,

First of all, I sincerely appreciate your this valuable effort. This helped me a lot.

I have a few question regarding my case:

1. The derivative has filed i-140 (NIW case) and received an I-797 for that. Should we include a copy of that in AOS package as well?
2. I don’t have the “Evidence for the derivative originally included in DV … “. Is the “KCC file”, that will be sent to FOs, related to filling DS260 or it is a totally different thing? Does filling DS260 help in this case? (I do see the derivative name in DS260 under our CN)
3. After I got my new passport, I didn't travel. So, there is no record for that pass# in I-94. Should I provide anything for that in AOS package?
4. OPT issue: Due to time restrictions, I will be sending AOS package a few days after applying for OPT. So, I won’t have the receipt for that. Should I mention that I applied OPT if I haven’t received my I-797? – Also, if it is too risky to do them in a close time frame, should I extend my i-20? (this solution may come with a cost for me)
5. I-485/Part-1/13.a.: Does “In Care of Name(if any)” mean if someone else is receiving instead for you? So, if I am the one receiving it, should it be “N/A”; not that I write my name? (I hope it does not remind you of blank policy questions ;) )

Appreciate your help in advance.

Hello @Sm1smom,
Britsimon has been helping me for a while on his forum. I got 2021SA30**. Here comes my story. I have been with my current girlfriend for 3 years now, and we were planning to get married next year unless we had to marry before for immigration purposes. We both have F1 visas. I am almost finishing my first year of OPT, and I plan to do STEM OPT for two more years. She is in her last year of college. I found out on Monday the SA was going to be current starting in June, and we decided to get married ASAP so we could apply for the green card together. We got married on Wednesday, and we got a temporary marriage certificate (can we use this one for AOS?). I sent the DS-260 payment as postal money order at 6 PM the same Wednesday we got married (do we have to wait for the payment receipt? I know it has to be included but britsimon told me to ask you). I emailed KCC to unlock the DS260, and today I updated mine and added hers so DS-260s are done. We are scheduled to do our physical tomorrow. We already have the birth certificates and the high school diplomas (Do I have to include my high school diploma from Venezuela if I have a Bachelor's degree from a US university). We are already assembling our AOS packages. We are basically only waiting on the physicals and the DS260 payment receipt.

Hello, I plan to move to a new address 2 months after I send in my AOS package, which means when interviews are scheduled, I will likely be in an address different from what are on the DS-260 and I-485.
1). In this case, are we allowed to simply make the change (provide a new address) during the interview by mentioning it to the IO?
2). If not, do we have a chance to ask the IO to send the GC to another address?

Thank you in advance again.

Hi there! I wanted to ask some questions here as I am preparing for AOS Package. I’ve read through every single piece on the spreadsheet. (Super helpful. thx!)

1. My wife is the principal applicant for DV2021 AOS and she is currently on L1B and also planning to apply for EAD at the same time as AOS. In this case, we assume that we need to send a copy of SSN due to her current employment status. However, her current SSN has her former last name before our marriage. Is it going to be a problem if we send the current copy of SSN in the AOS Package? She is updating her SSN with her new last name soon but it takes a month to get a new card so was wondering if we can send the current one for now so we can send AOS Package soon. Everything else like passport and bank account have been updated to the new last name. Just SSN.
  2. Is 1NL the page that you can see on the entrant status check? It says that you have been randomly selected and also states the case number? We have that pdf file downloaded but just don’t have any physical mail or even email. Just a webpage is enough?
  3. For the required documents for applicant spouse, the spreadsheet says that you need 1NL. Does this mean we just need the 1NL from the principal applicant (selectee) ?
  4. If both the principal applicant/selectee and spouse hold a dual intent visa (L1B and E2), we do not need to apply to I-131 (Advanced Parole). Is this correct?
  5. I don’t see any A number (mentioned in I485) assigned to us so far. Anywhere to look for it or it is ok to leave it a blank? (I found a thread here which says to leave it a blank but wasnt sure if that applies to us)

I am sorry for the long message here and really appreciate your thoughts.
1. It doesn't matter, include a copy.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. An applicant with a dual intent visa does not need to have, or use an AP card to return to the US while their AOS application is pending as the application will not be considered abandoned.
5. If you've never applied for an immigration benefit directly from the USCIS, you wouldn't have an A# so leave the section blank.

@Sm1smom
Hi mom,

First of all, I sincerely appreciate your this valuable effort. This helped me a lot.

I have a few question regarding my case:

1. The derivative has filed i-140 (NIW case) and received an I-797 for that. Should we include a copy of that in AOS package as well?
2. I don’t have the “Evidence for the derivative originally included in DV … “. Is the “KCC file”, that will be sent to FOs, related to filling DS260 or it is a totally different thing? Does filling DS260 help in this case? (I do see the derivative name in DS260 under our CN)
3. After I got my new passport, I didn't travel. So, there is no record for that pass# in I-94. Should I provide anything for that in AOS package?
4. OPT issue: Due to time restrictions, I will be sending AOS package a few days after applying for OPT. So, I won’t have the receipt for that. Should I mention that I applied OPT if I haven’t received my I-797? – Also, if it is too risky to do them in a close time frame, should I extend my i-20? (this solution may come with a cost for me)
5. I-485/Part-1/13.a.: Does “In Care of Name(if any)” mean if someone else is receiving instead for you? So, if I am the one receiving it, should it be “N/A”; not that I write my name? (I hope it does not remind you of blank policy questions ;) )

Appreciate your help in advance.
1. Yes, you can include it.
2. See the FAQ tab of the AOS process spreadsheet
3.No.
4. There's no need to mention the OPT application. You can decide on your own if you want to extend the I-20 or not.
5. Just leave it blank if you're not using someone else's address to receive mail.

Hello @Sm1smom,
Britsimon has been helping me for a while on his forum. I got 2021SA30**. Here comes my story. I have been with my current girlfriend for 3 years now, and we were planning to get married next year unless we had to marry before for immigration purposes. We both have F1 visas. I am almost finishing my first year of OPT, and I plan to do STEM OPT for two more years. She is in her last year of college. I found out on Monday the SA was going to be current starting in June, and we decided to get married ASAP so we could apply for the green card together. We got married on Wednesday, and we got a temporary marriage certificate (can we use this one for AOS?). I sent the DS-260 payment as postal money order at 6 PM the same Wednesday we got married (do we have to wait for the payment receipt? I know it has to be included but britsimon told me to ask you). I emailed KCC to unlock the DS260, and today I updated mine and added hers so DS-260s are done. We are scheduled to do our physical tomorrow. We already have the birth certificates and the high school diplomas (Do I have to include my high school diploma from Venezuela if I have a Bachelor's degree from a US university). We are already assembling our AOS packages. We are basically only waiting on the physicals and the DS260 payment receipt.

1. Yes. Plan on having the actual marriage certificate available for your interview.
2. See the FAQ tab of the AOS process spreadsheet for questions related to the payment receipt.
3. Yes, including the HS Diploma is recommended

p.s. go through the AOS process spreadsheet. Also, number your questions if you have more than one in a post.

Hello, I plan to move to a new address 2 months after I send in my AOS package, which means when interviews are scheduled, I will likely be in an address different from what are on the DS-260 and I-485.
1). In this case, are we allowed to simply make the change (provide a new address) during the interview by mentioning it to the IO?
2). If not, do we have a chance to ask the IO to send the GC to another address?

Thank you in advance again.

Be aware if you move to a new address after sending in your AOS package, and your new address falls under the jurisdiction of a new FO different from the one your previous address was under, USCIS will need to transfer your case file to the new FO with jurisdiction over the new address - this basically creates additional delays to your case. Also bear in mind, you may end up not getting mailed correspondence from USICS which will subsequently lead to your missing your bio or interview appointments (unless you will still be having access to the old address for mail receipt).

1&2: If your both your old and new address are under the jurisdiction of the same FO, you can update the address when you go for the interview.

Hi,
For I-485 supporting documents, I realized that my birth registration record is the short version (it has where I was born, when I was born, my dad and my mom, their birth places, marriage dates etc). I was able to retrieve the long version online but its not in English, I got it translated from my friend and she signed a paper certifying her translition. The thing is, the long version has a validity date (which ends in a month, on May 22nd). If my case is in the lockbox on May 1st, would the expiry date matter? I also will include both versions.
Sorry if it’s too all over the place, thanks in advance!

Hi,
For I-485 supporting documents, I realized that my birth registration record is the short version (it has where I was born, when I was born, my dad and my mom, their birth places, marriage dates etc). I was able to retrieve the long version online but its not in English, I got it translated from my friend and she signed a paper certifying her translition. The thing is, the long version has a validity date (which ends in a month, on May 22nd). If my case is in the lockbox on May 1st, would the expiry date matter? I also will include both versions.
Sorry if it’s too all over the place, thanks in advance!
The expiration date is not a problem. Just make sure what you have is in line with what the DOS has identified on their Reciprocity and Civil Documents by country page as the acceptable B/C for your country.

Be aware if you move to a new address after sending in your AOS package, and your new address falls under the jurisdiction of a new FO different from the one your previous address was under, USCIS will need to transfer your case file to the new FO with jurisdiction over the new address - this basically creates additional delays to your case. Also bear in mind, you may end up not getting mailed correspondence from USICS which will subsequently lead to your missing your bio or interview appointments (unless you will still be having access to the old address for mail receipt).

1&2: If your both your old and new address are under the jurisdiction of the same FO, you can update the address when you go for the interview.
Understood. I am certainly able to access the mailbox for an extended period of time, however if the IO asks what I will be doing during the interview, my occupation/school could be else where.

Hello Mom!

When I told my company owner that I won the DV lottery, he said to talk with the immigration lawyer of the company and he would cover all the expenses related to it. Do you think there are any advantage or disadvantage proceeding with a lawyer? Thanks.