• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Good day.

Thank you for the information, however, may you tell me the procedures for AOS for my wife who is already in the US and is adjusting as my derivative. I (the principal applicant), and our children are based outside the US. According to the recently published VB, our case # 2021AF00044*** is now current. If we are scheduled, does this mean our visa numbers are immediately available?

Should she require further assistance, how can she reach you? She is based in Dallas, Texas.

Please, advise and help us.

Thank you
You’ll need to be approved and actually enter the US before your wife can apply for AOS as your derivative - all of these must happen on or before Sept. 30th.
What is your wife’s current status in the US?

You’ll need to be approved and actually enter the US before your wife can apply for AOS as your derivative - all of these must happen on or before Sept. 30th.
What is your wife’s current status in the US?
^ to clarify for poster, wife must not only apply but also be approved before Sept 30

Hello Mom,

I have one question. With the news that in June all regions are current I feel like I should speed things up. I sent my dv fee on april 8th and the check has been cashed. Is it possible to send the documents without the receipt or I absolutely need to include it?

Good day.

Thank you for the information.

I (the principal applicant), and our children are based outside the US. According to the recently published VB, our case # 2021AF00044*** is now current. In September 2020 we submitted our DS-260 forms wherein my wife (derivative, is already lawfully based in the US), indicated her intention to do AOS for herelf. We also submitted all the required supporting documents to KCC last week, even though we have not had any communication (such as 2NL) from them since the last time we submitted the DS-260's.

1. Since all the information I got on your page was on AOS for the principal applicant, may you please tell me the procedures for my wife who is adjusting as my derivative.
2. If we are scheduled, does this mean our visa numbers are immediately available?
3. Should she require further assistance, how can she reach you? She is based in Dallas, Texas.

Thank you

Hello Mom,

I have one question. With the news that in June all regions are current I feel like I should speed things up. I sent my dv fee on april 8th and the check has been cashed. Is it possible to send the documents without the receipt or I absolutely need to include it?
Take a look at the FAQ tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.

^ to clarify for poster, wife must not only apply but also be approved before Sept 30
Actually to clarify my own clarification:
- if she wants a DV based AOS (easiest cheapest way) it needs to be completed by Sept 30
- however if it is not completed by Sept 30, you can still apply for a family based green card (F2A, spouse of green card holder) for her and she can AOS that path. Obviously you also need to actually be an LPR before you can sponsor her that way.

Good day.

Thank you for the information.

I (the principal applicant), and our children are based outside the US. According to the recently published VB, our case # 2021AF00044*** is now current. In September 2020 we submitted our DS-260 forms wherein my wife (derivative, is already lawfully based in the US), indicated her intention to do AOS for herelf. We also submitted all the required supporting documents to KCC last week, even though we have not had any communication (such as 2NL) from them since the last time we submitted the DS-260's.

1. Since all the information I got on your page was on AOS for the principal applicant, may you please tell me the procedures for my wife who is adjusting as my derivative.
2. If we are scheduled, does this mean our visa numbers are immediately available?
3. Should she require further assistance, how can she reach you? She is based in Dallas, Texas.

Thank you
1. She will begin the AOS process after you have been approved, issued with an immigrant visa and have entered the US.
2. For you and your children, yes. For your wife, no.
3. She creates an account and joins the forum.

same as everyone else, make an account here and ask in the forum
Noted. Thank you.

However, I meant the assistance one may want outside the forum, on a consultation basis.

By the way, I'm sorry to continue to ask, what is your suggestion for my 2nd question on the effective date of our case # being current?

Take a look at the FAQ tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.
Thank you, and sorry I didnt check that before asking here. A follow up question, it says in the FAQ that if you dont include the DV fee receipt you lose the small posibility of being granted a GC without interview. I didnt know this could even happend. Do we know how often the grant green cards without interview or what are the factors the consider for it?

Thanks in advance.

1. She will begin the AOS process after you have been approved, issued with an immigrant visa and have entered the US.
2. For you and your children, yes. For your wife, no.
3. She creates an account and joins the forum.
Noted. Thank you very much, however, if she starts the process now, will it jeopardise anything?

Noted. Thank you.

However, I meant the assistance one may want outside the forum, on a consultation basis.

By the way, I'm sorry to continue to ask, what is your suggestion for my 2nd question on the effective date of our case # being current?
Hire a lawyer, if the assistance you’re looking for is on a consultation basis.

Actually to clarify my own clarification:
- if she wants a DV based AOS (easiest cheapest way) it needs to be completed by Sept 30
- however if it is not completed by Sept 30, you can still apply for a family based green card (F2A, spouse of green card holder) for her and she can AOS that path. Obviously you also need to actually be an LPR before you can sponsor her that way.
I had included her as my derivative and have already submitted her DS-260.