• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi mom,
This might be a silly question. Is there a risk of sending the package without medical exam reports and send them later once I get all documents from the doctor? It is scheduled for next week. Am I too late to wait until I get the medical exam reports of my wife and me?
CN: AS21XXX
If you “send them later” they will probably not make it into your package. You can wait to include them, or send the package without them knowing that in the latter case you have no chance to be approved without an interview.

If you “send them later” they will probably not make it into your package. You can wait to include them, or send the package without them knowing that in the latter case you have no chance to be approved without an interview.
Thank you !!!

Hi Mom!
For the sponsor, is there any limit to sponsor? I had heard people said that one could only sponsor 3 people. I am asking this is because my friend that is willing to sponsor me had sponsored another person in last year and he is now in US.
Does your friend’s current income meet the applicable poverty guideline level for his household, that of the person he previously sponsored, and yours all combined together? That is what matters.

Hi mom, this will be my first contribution to the forum. I found a way to change that section without contacting KCC.

After completing all the steps in DS260, the applicant should enter Review -> Location. There you can change from your home location to Yes, send my case to USCIS. After saving it, the getting started page changes automatically.
Oh that’s good to know. Glad to know you were able to make the needed change before submitting the form. Thanks for the update.

Any particular reason as to why you’re contemplating separating the packages and sending them at different times?
Hi Mom,

Thanks for asking. Since I gather materials faster than my spouse does (She probably needs one more month), I am thinking to deliver mine first and then hers once she is done, cause I consider the time is running out. However, I don't know whether it is beneficial or not for next step.
Thanks,

Hi guys, spend some time writing some reviews and comments and write your suggestions for USCIS. They are seeking comments on how to make USCIS better.

I am not sure if they really care about public opinion, but it is worth trying.

I include the link here and I hope you can see it.

If you do not see it, then search for "DHS Seeks Public Input to Identify Barriers that Limit or Prevent Access to Immigration Benefits and Services" on google.

Hi Mom,

Thanks for asking. Since I gather materials faster than my spouse does (She probably needs one more month), I am thinking to deliver mine first and then hers once she is done, cause I consider the time is running out. However, I don't know whether it is beneficial or not for next step.
Thanks,
Now, this is a new one I have to say - did you guys just find out about your DV selection or how come you’re just gathering your documents?

Anyway, who is the main selectee? If you are the main selectee, yes you can go ahead and file alone. You guys will have to wait of course for your NOA (which may take up to 8 weeks to receive) before you can send in your wife’s package. Since she’s filing (alone in this case) as your derivative, she will need to include a copy of your NOA as the basis of filing. Filing separately effectively means you’re most likely going to be processed and interviewed separately. If you think it is worth it, go ahead and file separately.

Hi Mom,

Thanks,
You think filing in May will be too late for aos? really? What leads you to that conclusion?

Now, this is a new one I have to say - did you guys just find out about your DV selection or how come you’re just gathering your documents?

Anyway, who is the main selectee? If you are the main selectee, yes you can go ahead and file alone. You guys will have to wait of course for your NOA (which may take up to 8 weeks to receive) before you can send in your wife’s package. Since she’s filing (alone in this case) as your derivative, she will need to include a copy of your NOA as the basis of filing. Filing separately effectively means you’re most likely going to be processed and interviewed separately. If you think it is worth it, go ahead and file separately.
Thanks Mom for your practical and useful comments!!

Did anyone have issues with getting IRS tax transcripts online? The system could not verify me and it seems as my only option is to request it by mail which could take 5-10 days according to the website.
1) As the worst-case scenario, could I file my AOS package without the tax transcripts?
2) Are there any things I could include in the package to prove I could bring the IRS tax transcript to the interview later?
My countless thanks to Sm1smom and everyone on this forum!

Did anyone have issues with getting IRS tax transcripts online? The system could not verify me and it seems as my only option is to request it by mail which could take 5-10 days according to the website.
1) As the worst-case scenario, could I file my AOS package without the tax transcripts?
2) Are there any things I could include in the package to prove I could bring the IRS tax transcript to the interview later?
My countless thanks to Sm1smom and everyone on this forum!
Yes you can send in the AOS package without your IRS tax transcripts.

@Sm1smom i have a quick question - so I am working through a staffing agency ( employer and my h1b sponser) for a company ( work site). My staffing agency has decided close down , they informed me to keep my h1b me valid until i find another employer who is willing to transfer. I already found an employer who is willing to transfer my h1b with regular processing. My question is I am waiting for my for FO to approve my DV case... and in the meantime the moment i initiate my tansfer with the new company the old company will shutdown or cancel my h1b..will this have a adverse affect on my DV case ?

@Sm1smom i have a quick question - so I am working through a staffing agency ( employer and my h1b sponser) for a company ( work site). My staffing agency has decided close down , they informed me to keep my h1b me valid until i find another employer who is willing to transfer. I already found an employer who is willing to transfer my h1b with regular processing. My question is I am waiting for my for FO to approve my DV case... and in the meantime the moment i initiate my tansfer with the new company the old company will shutdown or cancel my h1b..will this have a adverse affect on my DV case ?
It shouldn’t.