• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi,
I was preparing the money order for I-485 filing fee and biometrics payment, just to confirm: I’m supposed to write US Department of Homeland Security to the Pay To part, right? I’m also not sure if I should write Chicago Lockbox’s address for the Address part of the receiver. Should I left it blank?
Thank you in advance!
1. Yes
2. I'm not familiar with using a money order to make the filing fee payment

I`ve just sent DV administrative fee and started filling applications, so curious does it make sense to fill DS260 as one more additional point to support my case while there is no downside as all numbers became current? As I understand filing DS-260 doesn`t oblige me to anything before the next step (filing 485). Am I right?

Thank you!
I'm not sure what you mean by filing the DS-260 doesn't oblige you to anything - I probably don't understand your question.

The DV administrative fee payment and DS260 submission are demonstrations of an immigrant intent whether you subsequently file an I-485 or not.

Hey everyone! a quick question here, Can my annual contract as the Teaching Assistant and/or Research Assistant (I'm a Ph.D. student) serve as the employment verification letter? Thanks!:)
I used that one. Because I asked from department they said I can use this letter where it shows program offers a TA or RA position.

Once that section is filled out and saved, it automatically gets locked up regardless of if the DS260 has been submitted or not. Changes to that section can only be done by notifying KCC.

Note, KCC does not unlock that section even if you send in a request, they will however take note of the processing change you’re requesting and act accordingly with regards to your DV selection processing.
Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. I have emailed KCC and hope they will take the note soon.

One last question regarding this. Considering your second sentence, should I
a. Submit form DS260 before getting a reply from them?
b. Wait for their reply and then submit DS260?
c. Do not submit DS260 at all considering that it may confuse KCC (I have already sent my $330 DV payment which should be a good substitide).

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. I have emailed KCC and hope they will take the note soon.

One last question regarding this. Considering your second sentence, should I
a. Submit form DS260 before getting a reply from them?
b. Wait for their reply and then submit DS260?
c. Do not submit DS260 at all considering that it may confuse KCC (I have already sent my $330 DV payment which should be a good substitide).
Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet for more on this.

Hi,

I am preparing the AOS package for my spouse and myself. Should I sent all the documents together in one package or separated for individual. What if I send two packages at different time? Does next step only initiate when all our packages are checked?

Thanks,

Hi,

I am preparing the AOS package for my spouse and myself. Should I sent all the documents together in one package or separated for individual. What if I send two packages at different time? Does next step only initiate when all our packages are checked?

Thanks,
Any particular reason as to why you’re contemplating separating the packages and sending them at different times?

Hi Mom!
For the sponsor, is there any limit to sponsor? I had heard people said that one could only sponsor 3 people. I am asking this is because my friend that is willing to sponsor me had sponsored another person in last year and he is now in US.

For education, does enrollment verification be suffice since i haven't graduate yet for my current degree or/and i need to provide my official or unofficial transcript?

Once that section is filled out and saved, it automatically gets locked up regardless of if the DS260 has been submitted or not. Changes to that section can only be done by notifying KCC.

Note, KCC does not unlock that section even if you send in a request, they will however take note of the processing change you’re requesting and act accordingly with regards to your DV selection processing.
Hi mom, this will be my first contribution to the forum. I found a way to change that section without contacting KCC.

After completing all the steps in DS260, the applicant should enter Review -> Location. There you can change from your home location to Yes, send my case to USCIS. After saving it, the getting started page changes automatically.

We can only obtain the most recent I94 via online. Would it be enough to send with I485. Travel history only shows for five years. I lost my very first I94 which I cannot get from online, and that is 8 years back.

Hi Mom!
For the sponsor, is there any limit to sponsor? I had heard people said that one could only sponsor 3 people. I am asking this is because my friend that is willing to sponsor me had sponsored another person in last year and he is now in US.
It depends on the income of the person how many people they can sponsor. Remember intending immigrant/s being sponsored have to be included in household size https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Hi mom,
This might be a silly question. Is there a risk of sending the package without medical exam reports and send them later once I get all documents from the doctor? It is scheduled for next week. Am I too late to wait until I get the medical exam reports of my wife and me?
CN: AS21XXX