• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

1. 10 working/business days?
2. Can you clarify - (a) you haven't heard from your congresswoman as in they haven't reached out to you since you contacted them to get the details of your case, or (b) they haven't gotten back to you with a response from USCIS since they sent in a case follow-up inquiry on your behalf?

Allow your lawyer to initiate a follow up too and see what comes of it.
1. 10 calendar days.
2. I have not heard from the congresswoman at all since I submitted my request to open an inquiry, as in I don't know if they chose to do something about my case.

I will do as you said about my lawyer. Thank you.

1. 10 calendar days.
2. I have not heard from the congresswoman at all since I submitted my request to open an inquiry, as in I don't know if they chose to do something about my case.

I will do as you said about my lawyer. Thank you.
1. So it’s only been 6 days in that case, you’ve got to give allowance for the weekend/holidays when counting waiting days.
2. The issue here then is really not hearing from your congress person. You post came across as if the days you’re counting is with regards to since your congress person contacted USCIS. So you need to initiate another contact attempt with you congress person. By the way, is your congress person pro immigration?

1. So it’s only been 6 days in that case, you’ve got to give allowance for the weekend/holidays when counting waiting days.
2. The issue here then is really not hearing from your congress person. You post came across as if the days you’re counting is with regards to since your congress person contacted USCIS. So you need to initiate another contact attempt with you congress person. By the way, is your congress person pro immigration?
1. I understand.
2. Sorry if my post wasn't clear. I will initiate another contact attempt.

And yes, she is pro immigration. According to an update on her website, just this month she spoke in favor of various legislations to create easier pathways to citizenship for immigrants.

1. I understand.
2. Sorry if my post wasn't clear. I will initiate another contact attempt.

And yes, she is pro immigration. According to an update on her website, just this month she spoke in favor of various legislations to create easier pathways to citizenship for immigrants.
So that is good news for you. With her being pro immigration, it makes sense to reach out and follow up with her office since it’s been over a week since your original attempt at reaching them.

Hello mom,

When we try to get the IRS tax transcripts it shows 4 different categories( Return transcripts, Account transcripts, Record of Account transcripts, Wage and Income transcripts).

1) Do we need to download and print all the documents related to four categories as the IRS transcripts to include in the AOS package?
2) The downloaded and printed IRS tax transcripts are fine to include in the AOS package or do we have to request the same transcripts via mail as the original tax transcripts?

Thank you so much.

Hello Mom,

My CN is going to be current on May 2021. I sent my DV fee (Cashier's check) on March 12 and it was cashed on March 16. As of today, however, I have not received the DV payment receipt. I have already scheduled my medical exam for March 24, 2021. I have checked the Spreadsheet timeline, for some people it took up to 62 days to receive the DV payment receipt. Should I go ahead and do the medical or postpone it for a week or so to get the DV payment receipt first?

Thank you very much for your time.
Hello!, Did you get your DV receipt?, I am waiting too, my check was cashed on March 19.

Hello Mom and Susie,

I am sorry this may be already asked in the forum. Though I searched I couldn't locate it.

I am in the middle of filling the DS-260 and my spouse currently lives in my home country. When I initially applied for the lottery I was not married and therefore my spouse was not in my DV application. Do I have to fill the DS-260 application for her too since I am trying to get her via consular processing? Or should I wait until my application process is complete? Thank you very much

Hello mom,

When we try to get the IRS tax transcripts it shows 4 different categories( Return transcripts, Account transcripts, Record of Account transcripts, Wage and Income transcripts).

1) Do we need to download and print all the documents related to four categories as the IRS transcripts to include in the AOS package?
2) The downloaded and printed IRS tax transcripts are fine to include in the AOS package or do we have to request the same transcripts via mail as the original tax transcripts?

Thank you so much.
1. You need the Tax Return Transcript
2. Downloaded version is fine

Hello Mom and Susie,

I am sorry this may be already asked in the forum. Though I searched I couldn't locate it.

I am in the middle of filling the DS-260 and my spouse currently lives in my home country. When I initially applied for the lottery I was not married and therefore my spouse was not in my DV application. Do I have to fill the DS-260 application for her too since I am trying to get her via consular processing? Or should I wait until my application process is complete? Thank you very much
Yes, she needs to submit the DS260 form.

Hello All,
I just started putting together my AOS application package- hoping my CN will be current in June or July. I have a couple of Qs regarding I-485. All kinds of help appreciated.
1. Parking ticket requires a "YES" for Part 8 questions 25, 26 and 27?
2. I received LA County Covid-19 Rent Relief. 6 months ago. Part 8 question 61 " Have you received public assistance in the U.S. from any source, including the U.S. Government or any state, county, city, or municipality?". Although it is a emergency assistance, the answer should still be 'yes', right?
Thanks

I sent my dv fee on March 8th. Delivered on 12th March.

Today I called the bank to see whether or not the cashier check is cashed by the DS They say they do not see any information if the check is cashed. That's weird. It's been two weeks. Anyone has or had the same issue?

a. No PCC required for AOS, not from the US, not from a foreign country.
b. You’ll decide if you need to or not.
c. I don’t make such guesses. (And even if someone was willing to make a guess, I’m not sure how you expect them to be able to do so since your region is not even listed with your CN in the first place).
d. No
e. The delay you’re experiencing is unusual. Did you email KCC about the receipt like you were told back in January? If you did, when was that and what was their response?

p.s. you need to go through the AOS process spreadsheet. Your questions indicates you’ve not gone through that tool which has all the basic information for filing a DV based AOS application.
Thanks @Sm1smom !

I've been going through the AOS process spreadsheet. I noticed the the I-485 edition version noted there is out of date. The latest edition is 3/10/2021.

I did email KCC about the receipt and they responded saying they had not received it. I resent it today via priority mail

1617082006176.png

1617082070693.png

Hello All,
I just started putting together my AOS application package- hoping my CN will be current in June or July. I have a couple of Qs regarding I-485. All kinds of help appreciated.
1. Parking ticket requires a "YES" for Part 8 questions 25, 26 and 27?
2. I received LA County Covid-19 Rent Relief. 6 months ago. Part 8 question 61 " Have you received public assistance in the U.S. from any source, including the U.S. Government or any state, county, city, or municipality?". Although it is a emergency assistance, the answer should still be 'yes', right?
Thanks
1. Yes for 25 and 27, "NO" for 26
2. Yes

post edited to clarify the correct response for Q26

Last edited:
The instructions for I-485 state that you have to include evidence of lawful status for every time you have been in the US. I have made around 30 trips over more than 10 years. I have always been admitted properly and have never overstayed, but proving that for every single trip could be tricky.

1. I can only get my most recent I-94. I don't have most of the previous ones
2. I can download my travel history from CBP, but it only goes back 5 years (6 for me because I pulled it last year)
3. I have all my passport stamps, including my old expired passport, and several old expired visas (I'm on my 3rd).

Will #3 be enough for the trips from > 6 years ago? I could possibly try to dig up old airline tickets, but it would be really hard to find them all, and ultimately that doesn't really prove that I left. Is there anything else I could/should provide?