• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

1. Please read this post
2. I’m not sure how you came about the idea of not needing an I-134 if filing for just yourself. You don’t need an I-134 if you’re able to demonstrate you’re financially capable of providing for yourself and are unlikely to become a public charge.

p.s. - number your questions if you have more than one in a post.
Thank you for linking!

1. Is the 2018 W2/tax transcript too far back to include (considering it says 1-3 years in the doc)?
2. Should I be including any foreign tax returns or are they only relevant for the I-944 which is now redundant?

I have another question. Thanks for your help in advance
In the process of registration for DV2021, I typed my Last name with an extra letter, for example, "RRonaldo" instead of "Ronaldo". However, all of the other information about me including First name, passport number, etc is correct. Would it be a potential of RFE? and if so, is it possible to add a document in my package and explain the story to prevent time waste due to the process of RFE?

Thank you for linking!

1. Is the 2018 W2/tax transcript too far back to include (considering it says 1-3 years in the doc)?
2. Should I be including any foreign tax returns or are they only relevant for the I-944 which is now redundant?
1. You may include up to 3 years worth of IRS tax transcripts (to demonstrate a consistent strong earning) or include just the most recent IRS tax transcripts.
2. You may include it if you feel it further boosts your financial strength.

I have another question. Thanks for your help in advance
In the process of registration for DV2021, I typed my Last name with an extra letter, for example, "RRonaldo" instead of "Ronaldo". However, all of the other information about me including First name, passport number, etc is correct. Would it be a potential of RFE? and if so, is it possible to add a document in my package and explain the story to prevent time waste due to the process of RFE?
Not necessary. Just make sure the name is correctly spelt out on all of your AOS forms.

1. You may include up to 3 years worth of IRS tax transcripts (to demonstrate a consistent strong earning) or include just the most recent IRS tax transcripts.
2. You may include it if you feel it further boosts your financial strength.
1. Got it, so would you say that just having the 2018 one without a 2019/2020 one - since I've been on the F1 since then - is redundant information for my case?

1. Got it, so would you say that just having the 2018 one without a 2019/2020 one - since I've been on the F1 since then - is redundant information for my case?
FYI: Technically, you still have to file taxes as an F1 visa. If you don't work and don't meet the substantial presence test, you file form 8843.

FYI: Technically, you still have to file taxes as an F1 visa. If you don't work and don't meet the substantial presence test, you file form 8843.
Form 8843 is merely an informational statement required by the U.S. government for certain nonresident aliens, it is not the same as filing an income tax, and therefore cannot be used to replace the IRS income tax statement for immigration purpose. It is not a financial document that can be used to demonstrate one is unlikely to become a public charge.

Form 8843 is merely an informational statement required by the U.S. government for certain nonresident aliens, it is not the same as filing an income tax, and therefore cannot be used to replace the IRS income tax statement for immigration purpose. It is not a financial document that can be used to demonstrate one is unlikely to become a public charge.

Yes. I was not trying to suggest that the form can be used to avoid a denial based on public charge. I just wanted to point out that there are instances in which one may be asked to show that they have filed form 8843. I shouldn't have phrased it as "file taxes." Thank you for clarifying.,

I have some questions. Thanks for help in advance
I am trying to gather some documents for not being public charge.
1. Where do you apply for credit score history?
2. What kind of detail do I need for bank statement? Are they looking for ending balance of each month in the past year or are they looking for transactions of each month? My bank has no clue what element I need for AOS.
3. I have private health insurance. Do I just make a copy of my insurance card or is there a specific document that they are looking for?
4. I just file my tax so I probably won't have my tax transcript for 2020. Is it ok if I apply only 2017-2019 tax transcript?
5. For W-2, if I have tax transcript, do I still include W-2 with it?
6. Just out of curiosity, at what point of time do USCIS determine if applicants are public charge or not? Let say, if they think I will be public charge, will they just deny me when they receive my package or will they sill offer interview opportunity and tell me I will be public charge?

I have some questions. Thanks for help in advance
I am trying to gather some documents for not being public charge.
1. Where do you apply for credit score history?
2. What kind of detail do I need for bank statement? Are they looking for ending balance of each month in the past year or are they looking for transactions of each month? My bank has no clue what element I need for AOS.
3. I have private health insurance. Do I just make a copy of my insurance card or is there a specific document that they are looking for?
4. I just file my tax so I probably won't have my tax transcript for 2020. Is it ok if I apply only 2017-2019 tax transcript?
5. For W-2, if I have tax transcript, do I still include W-2 with it?
6. Just out of curiosity, at what point of time do USCIS determine if applicants are public charge or not? Let say, if they think I will be public charge, will they just deny me when they receive my package or will they sill offer interview opportunity and tell me I will be public charge?
1. From one of the big 3 credit monitoring companies. However, the credit score is no longer required to be submitted.
2. Regular statements issued by the bank will do.
3. Health insurance evidence is no longer required.
4. You may want to stick with just the 2019 tax transcript in that case.
5. Determination gets made when they are ready to adjudicate the case (adjudication may be with or with an interview). If it is without an interview, you will be sent a RFE for an affidavit of support to enable you address the situation.

Not necessary. Just make sure the name is correctly spelt out on all of your AOS forms.
Hello,
I am in the period of 90 days after arrival to the US. I want to file around April 25. As I need to have my payment receipt of the DV administration fee by April 25, I have to pay it these days because it takes around weeks according to the spreadsheet. I want to ask that will this payment be considered as intent for immigration during the 90 days? I have the same question about just filing DS-260?

1. Yes. Your call as to if you wish to submit the DS260 or not.
2. Yes.
3. Maybe.
4. It is recommended to do so if you have it.
Hi again @Sm1smom , in reference to answer #2 (stating that UPS can be used as a courier for the DV fee), is the address to send the check/money-order to the same as the one mentioned on the AOS DV payment instructions page (ie: U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program P.O. Box 979079 St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000) or is there a different address for 'private delivery services'?

Thanks again for all the help ^_^

Hello guys, @Sm1smom
I have a couple of questions. I'm putting together my AOS application while on an F-1 Visa with a STEM OPT extension. Case no is 52xxx.

a) Do I need to have a police report from the US too in addition to one from my country?
b) Do I need to file form I-765, I understand I only need to do this if I expect to have employment auth before my AOS package is approved.
c) Can anyone give reasonable guesses for when my case number may become current, based on previous years.
d) Do I need to file form I-140? I understand this is only needed if an employer is filing on your behalf. Not sure if this is correct.
e) Is anyone seeing delays in receiving their $330 admin fee receipt? This is needed for form I-148 and I haven't received mine, sent it in october 2020. Can I send it again if I haven't received it yet?

Hello,
I am in the period of 90 days after arrival to the US. I want to file around April 25. As I need to have my payment receipt of the DV administration fee by April 25, I have to pay it these days because it takes around weeks according to the spreadsheet. I want to ask that will this payment be considered as intent for immigration during the 90 days? I have the same question about just filing DS-260?
AOS administrative fee payment and/or DS260 form submission constitutes a demonstrated immigrant intent.

Hi again @Sm1smom , in reference to answer #2 (stating that UPS can be used as a courier for the DV fee), is the address to send the check/money-order to the same as the one mentioned on the AOS DV payment instructions page (ie: U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program P.O. Box 979079 St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000) or is there a different address for 'private delivery services'?

Thanks again for all the help ^_^
There’s only one listed mailing address for the DV administrative fee payment.

Hello guys, @Sm1smom
I have a couple of questions. I'm putting together my AOS application while on an F-1 Visa with a STEM OPT extension. Case no is 52xxx.

a) Do I need to have a police report from the US too in addition to one from my country?
b) Do I need to file form I-765, I understand I only need to do this if I expect to have employment auth before my AOS package is approved.
c) Can anyone give reasonable guesses for when my case number may become current, based on previous years.
d) Do I need to file form I-140? I understand this is only needed if an employer is filing on your behalf. Not sure if this is correct.
e) Is anyone seeing delays in receiving their $330 admin fee receipt? This is needed for form I-148 and I haven't received mine, sent it in october 2020. Can I send it again if I haven't received it yet?
a. No PCC required for AOS, not from the US, not from a foreign country.
b. You’ll decide if you need to or not.
c. I don’t make such guesses. (And even if someone was willing to make a guess, I’m not sure how you expect them to be able to do so since your region is not even listed with your CN in the first place).
d. No
e. The delay you’re experiencing is unusual. Did you email KCC about the receipt like you were told back in January? If you did, when was that and what was their response?

p.s. you need to go through the AOS process spreadsheet. Your questions indicates you’ve not gone through that tool which has all the basic information for filing a DV based AOS application.

Hi @Sm1smom

So I talked to another tier 2 agent and he told me the same thing--to just wait for my bio letter and that my ASC will schedule me when a slot is available. It's also been 10 days since I requested a congressional inquiry and I haven't heard from my congresswoman (maybe this is normal, I'm not sure).

My lawyer said that he will open an inquiry about my case but I'm assuming this will be the same thing I did except that is coming from him, right? Will this change something? I feel like the only option I have now to just wait and hope to get an appointment soon but I really don't understand what's going on at my ASC.

Hi @Sm1smom

So I talked to another tier 2 agent and he told me the same thing--to just wait for my bio letter and that my ASC will schedule me when a slot is available. It's also been 10 days since I requested a congressional inquiry and I haven't heard from my congresswoman (maybe this is normal, I'm not sure).

My lawyer said that he will open an inquiry about my case but I'm assuming this will be the same thing I did except that is coming from him, right? Will this change something? I feel like the only option I have now to just wait and hope to get an appointment soon but I really don't understand what's going on at my ASC.
There are 6 months of the fiscal year left. I don’t understand why you seem to be panicking.

Hi @Sm1smom

1. 10 working/business days?
2. Can you clarify - (a) you haven't heard from your congresswoman as in they haven't reached out to you since you contacted them to get the details of your case, or (b) they haven't gotten back to you with a response from USCIS since they sent in a case follow-up inquiry on your behalf?

Allow your lawyer to initiate a follow up too and see what comes of it.