• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

We received the green cards yesterday. Thank you, Mom, @Sm1smom, and all people on this Internet Forum. Mom, you provided fantastic expertise and support for free. Thank you very much for that!!! I will try to help other people as you do as much as I can. I wish everybody to get great news sooner or later. Thank you very much everybody!!!

The instructions for I-485 state that you have to include evidence of lawful status for every time you have been in the US. I have made around 30 trips over more than 10 years. I have always been admitted properly and have never overstayed, but proving that for every single trip could be tricky.

1. I can only get my most recent I-94. I don't have most of the previous ones
2. I can download my travel history from CBP, but it only goes back 5 years (6 for me because I pulled it last year)
3. I have all my passport stamps, including my old expired passport, and several old expired visas (I'm on my 3rd).

Will #3 be enough for the trips from > 6 years ago? I could possibly try to dig up old airline tickets, but it would be really hard to find them all, and ultimately that doesn't really prove that I left. Is there anything else I could/should provide?
Yes, that works.

We received the green cards yesterday. Thank you, Mom, @Sm1smom, and all people on this Internet Forum. Mom, you provided fantastic expertise and support for free. Thank you very much for that!!! I will try to help other people as you do as much as I can. I wish everybody to get great news sooner or later. Thank you very much everybody!!!
Thanks for the update and congratulations again. Enjoy your new status :)

Thank you very much!
I am guessing I need to put some explanations for these in the section 14, right?
Do you think receiving assistance during pandemic will jeopardize my case?
1. Yes you do.
2. Receipt of public benefit (alone, on it’s own) is no longer taken into consideration. However if the IO sees any other ‘red flag’, then yes they may consider it in conjunction with everything else.

If I am a member of a professional organization like the American Medical association do I list that in the i485 form.
I also was a member of phi theta kappa in undergrad, do I list thy as well?

Hi Mom,

just to clarify, I don’t need to send my tax transcript anymore as I have an i134, correct?
I haven’t made an income since 2019 so it will probably not help my application

1. Yes you do.
2. Receipt of public benefit (alone, on it’s own) is no longer taken into consideration. However if the IO sees any other ‘red flag’, then yes they may consider it in conjunction with everything else.
Normally, disaster relief programs do not fall under public charge. So you mean, if there is no other 'red flag', it shouldn't be a problem? I know you don't like to comment on these kinds of things, but I am trying to stay positive :)
Thanks once again!

Hi Mom,

just to clarify, I don’t need to send my tax transcript anymore as I have an i134, correct?
I haven’t made an income since 2019 so it will probably not help my application
Please make your own judgement call based on the previous response you've already been provided with.

Normally, disaster relief programs do not fall under public charge. So you mean, if there is no other 'red flag', it shouldn't be a problem? I know you don't like to comment on these kinds of things, but I am trying to stay positive :)
Thanks once again!
You're right, I don't like commenting on those kind of things (as I'm not the IO who will be adjudicating the case), so I'm not going to say more than what I already said :)

Wait...question 26 is

Are you sure we should answer yes to this for a parking ticket? Traffic violations are generally not crimes in the US.
You're right, parking ticket falls under an infraction (violation), which means the correct answer to Q26 in this case is "NO" (wrongly selecting "YES" though wouldn't lead to a denial, as the IO will be referring to the explanatory note in Section 14 anyways).

However, I disagree with the "traffic violations are generally not crimes in the US" part. Some traffic violations can be classified as misdemeanors or felonies - it all depends on the jurisdiction in which the offense occurred.

Hello Mom and Susie,
Thank you very much for the amazing work that you have been doing. In the DS-260 form, is there anything that I could do if my name is longer than the provided space. When I enter my given name as it is in my passport, I am not able to completely type my name(two more spaces required).

Hello Mom and Susie,
Thank you very much for the amazing work that you have been doing. In the DS-260 form, is there anything that I could do if my name is longer than the provided space. When I enter my given name as it is in my passport, I am not able to completely type my name(two more spaces required).
I have no idea.

Hello Everyone,
In my AOS application package, the medical shows that I have a latent TB, and the doctor said I needed to agree to treatment. The doctor also noted that my blood work shows positive because I had the TB vaccine back home and the X-ray shows normal lungs. There is a treatment here for latent TB but for me as a healthy man with only positivity from the vaccine in my system, undergoing treatment for latent TB is like consuming a combination of toxic substances to remove an immunity developed out of my system.

The decision to undergo treatment was mentioned in the medical included in the AOS. DO you think the IO will ask for evidence about the completion of the treatment? The treatment takes at least four months of a drug cocktail and my State's Health department sends nurses to make sure that I am taking the medicine. I told them that I needed to take a second opinion from another doctor when they called me to schedule the first dose.

Hello Everyone,
In my AOS application package, the medical shows that I have a latent TB, and the doctor said I needed to agree to treatment. The doctor also noted that my blood work shows positive because I had the TB vaccine back home and the X-ray shows normal lungs. There is a treatment here for latent TB but for me as a healthy man with only positivity from the vaccine in my system, undergoing treatment for latent TB is like consuming a combination of toxic substances to remove an immunity developed out of my system.

The decision to undergo treatment was mentioned in the medical included in the AOS. DO you think the IO will ask for evidence about the completion of the treatment? The treatment takes at least four months of a drug cocktail and my State's Health department sends nurses to make sure that I am taking the medicine. I told them that I needed to take a second opinion from another doctor when they called me to schedule the first dose.
Do you know what type of blood test you received? There is apparently one that does not give a false positive from BCG. https://www.cdc.gov/tb/topic/testing/testingbcgvaccinated.htm

I find it strange a doctor would tell you that you need treatment for something he knows you do not have. A second opinion could definitely be warranted, but if that was in your AOS medical you presumably would need another uscis certified doctor to give you the alk clear. Not sure if sm1smom has more insight.

Hello Everyone,

In general, no treatment is required for LTBI, although the CS is required to report such a case to the public healthdepartment. If it is documented you already agreed to undergo treatment, I believe the IO may request proof of treatment.

Per CDC’s guide:

Required Referral and Reporting to Health Departments

“Applicants with a positive IGRA result and chest x-ray not suggestive of tuberculosis disease, no known HIV infection, and no signs or symptoms of tuberculosis disease have LTBI. The positive IGRA results must be communicated to the applicant. Then the applicant’s name, contact information, IGRA results, and chest x-ray results must be reported to the local health department of jurisdiction. Nationwide, health departments have different systems for managing LTBI. For this reason, civil surgeons must proactively communicate with the health department of jurisdiction to coordinate referral and reporting. For applicants who are diagnosed with LTBI, the I-693 can be completed and given to the applicant. Civil surgeons must inform such applicants that their LTBI diagnosis has been reported to the health department and should advise the applicant that follow-up treatment is important to prevent tuberculosis disease, although not required to complete the status adjustment process.” (Bold and underline emphasis mine)

Do you know what type of blood test you received? There is apparently one that does not give a false positive from BCG. https://www.cdc.gov/tb/topic/testing/testingbcgvaccinated.htm

I find it strange a doctor would tell you that you need treatment for something he knows you do not have. A second opinion could definitely be warranted, but if that was in your AOS medical you presumably would need another uscis certified doctor to give you the alk clear. Not sure if sm1smom has more insight.
I believe the CS was following CDC’s guidance by referring the OP for treatment following the LTBI diagnosis.

CDC’s website says someone with such a diagnosis should be treated or referred for treatment, although the treatment doesn’t have to be completed prior to completing the AOS process in this case:

Class B2 TB, Latent TB Infection
Applicants who have a positive IGRA, or history of a positive IGRA, and a chest x-ray not suggestive of tuberculosis disease. The IGRA result, the applicant’s status with respect to LTBI treatment, and the medication(s) used must be documented. For applicants who had more than one IGRA, all dates and results must be documented. All of these applicants must be reported to the health department of jurisdiction. The civil surgeon can treat these applicants for LTBI or refer them for treatment elsewhere, but the applicants do not have to complete treatment before they are medically cleared and their I-693 forms are completed, because LTBI is not a Class A condition.