• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Poster claims he does not actually have latent TB though - hence the questions about the blood test. Trying to understand if poster misunderstood the doctor or doctor diagnosed something that’s not there. According to the CDC website link I posted earlier, the correct blood test does not misdiagnose from the vaccination.

The CDC link I posted acknowledges the IGRA blood test for an applicant who previously received a BCG vaccination may come out positive. “Prior receipt of BCG does not change the screening requirements (as in a positive result should be followed by a chest X-ray) or the required actions (if the chest X-ray is negative is to class the applicant as having latent TB) based on those results”.

I have a nephew with no known history of TB who recently came to the US on a student visa. His IGRA blood test came back positive (he received BCG vaccine as a baby, his school was informed - he in fact presented his baby immunization records). Regardless, they classified him as having a LTBI and is currently on medication. He either agrees to go on medical or forfeit his PhD program.

i had latent tb too with normal xray, the doctor just notifed me about it and told me if i am ever immunocompromised then it might become active. I already knew that as i had the same results in 2016 for my school and at that time doctor suggested treatment and i said no.

Poster claims he does not actually have latent TB though - hence the questions about the blood test. Trying to understand if poster misunderstood the doctor or doctor diagnosed something that’s not there. According to the CDC website link I posted earlier, the correct blood test does not misdiagnose from the vaccination.
Yes, the test I had was the blood test, not the skin test so they said it is unlikely to report a false positive.

The doctor was working on a set guideline that suggests that a positive blood test needs to be followed by an x-ray and if x-ray is negative then it is classified as a latent TB. The doctor told me that my blood test could possibly be positive while collecting the blood samples after she saw my vaccine card with the BCG vaccine record on it.

Hi @Sm1smom

I am putting all the documents together. Writing a cover letter based on what you provide in the spreadsheet. However, I did not understand this paper:

Copy of Notice of Actions for Extension of Status Authorization. Is this G-1145 E-Notification of Application form?

Hi @Sm1smom

I am putting all the documents together. Writing a cover letter based on what you provide in the spreadsheet. However, I did not understand this paper:

Copy of Notice of Actions for Extension of Status Authorization. Is this G-1145 E-Notification of Application form?
The listed NOA for EOS is not the G-1145. I hope you realize the cover letter is basically a sample. What is listed on the letter will not be applicable to everyone. Users are required to use their discretion in modifying the letter and making it applicable to their specific situation.

The listed NOA for EOS is not the G-1145. I hope you realize the cover letter is basically a sample. What is listed on the letter will not be applicable to everyone. Users are required to use their discretion in modifying the letter and making it applicable to their specific situation.
I actually re-read the spreadsheet and I found the red note for NoA. Thank You once again. :)

I add many documents to my list and delete irrelevant ones. I was not sure about the NoA form. So since I have never applied to USCIS for anything, I do not have it.

Quick question folks:

I just came across this in I-693
(Presumably the preparer-who was the CS’s secretary- has forgotten to choose 7A)
Is this ok that I send the package as is? Or I have to get it fixed?
@Sm1smom @SusieQQQ D5C6E244-5470-4769-A107-8C8003E308B4.jpeg

many thanks you all

May I ask a follow-up question on that? I got I-767C for OPT. Is that NOA for EOS?

Also, when I applied for my OPT, I submitted G-1145. When I sent my package, do I need to submit G-1145 again to let them know I would like e-notification?

1. If you feel confident about the possibility of your CN becoming current, you might as well go ahead and submit the DS260 form now.
2. Yes, that is correct. No problem.
3. Congratulations on the birth of your baby. She is a USC by birth, she will not be going through the GC process with you, but you definitely have to list her on both you and your wife's forms. You also have to include copies of her birth certificate with your packages.
Just to confirm. I should include my daughter in the the DS-260 as an applicant, right?

Thanks mom.

Just to confirm. I should include my daughter in the the DS-260 as an applicant, right?

Thanks mom.
She is already a USC, so why will she be listed as an applicant? You list her name on you and your wife's DS260. You do not fill out a separate DS260 for her as an applicant.

What is the best and safe way to pay USCIS fees?

1- Personal check
2- Debit/Credit card
3- Cashier's check.
4- Money Order

I am planning to pay with cashier's check to be safe side. Is there any issues with it?

Hello Mom,

My DV fee's cashier check was cashed on March 16, 2021, but I have not received the payment receipt yet. I had placed a USPS regular stamp on SASE and sent it along with the cashier's check. I think I have made the mistake of sending the regular envelope. Is it normal or I should contact the Department of State (if it is possible)?

Thank you,

Hello Mom,

My DV fee's cashier check was cashed on March 16, 2021, but I have not received the payment receipt yet. I had placed a USPS regular stamp on SASE and sent it along with the cashier's check. I think I have made the mistake of sending the regular envelope. Is it normal or I should contact the Department of State (if it is possible)?

Thank you,
This is normal, as of now. There’s no way to contact the DOS. They only way to follow up on the payment is by contacting KCC.

Hi Mom,
Is it ok to provide a certified translation of an AOS doc that was done 5 years ago? We got our marriage certificate translated at that time for the American embassy. Thank you!

Hello mom.

I have a problem signing the DS-260. I have filled my form and when I try to sign and submit it says that my KCC case number and passport number are wrong. I have tried to typed them instead of copying and I have checked for spaces but still it doesnt let me go through.

View attachment 2364
I have also enter the code just not showing in this picture. What am I doing wrong?