• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Good day! I do not have a high school diploma with me, but I have a college and university diploma, will only these documents be enough or is school compulsory?
There've been IOs who have insisted on seeing HS diploma (I'm just quoting from experience here in forum)
Is there a list of questions for the interview? Please give me a link on how to prepare for the interview, I'm very worried. THANKS in advance for your help.
Go over the AOS spreadsheet. A lot of useful material are found there

Is there a list of questions for the interview? Please give me a link on how to prepare for the interview, I'm very worried. THANKS in advance for your help.
You can open the timelines spreasheet and there is a column with interview experiences of different people. There are links to actual posts. You can go over those posts to know, what to expect. You can even try to find how did the interview go at the same location, where you are applying. But keep in mind that each interview is different. I know that some people had their interview in the San Jose office and got approved in 10min, my interview lasted 1,5 hours and my case is still in review.

Basically, you have to show your eligibility and DV lottery, which is you won a lottery, paid for all the processing, have a High School diploma or 2 years of work experience. If you have it, there should be no problems, but no garanties.

I was on Instagram this morning and I found this upcoming info session from my University Global Office. I'm currently looking for a sponsor. Do you guys think the university can help me in the DV process?

View attachment 2365
Anyone providing you with an I134 is basically promising to step in and assist should you run into financial difficulties and are no longer able to provide for yourself. Do you think that is a commitment your university will be ready to make? I don’t think so.

Anyone providing you with an I134 is basically promising to step in and assist should you run into financial difficulties and are no longer able to provide for yourself. Do you think that is a commitment your university will be ready to make? I don’t think so.
True! That makes sense. Thank you Mom.

If KCC did not respond to my email, is there another way to get in touch with them? I'm still waiting for my DV payment receipt. Thanks.

Every time I ask a question to international student office of my university they say I should ask my lawyer. They are not usually willing to be responsible for any kind of advice.
As a matter of fact, I do not even recommend DV selectees inform their school of their DV selection until after successfully completing the process. You don’t want to find yourself in a situation of being erroneously terminated from SEVIS because your school official assumed you’re now a LPR when your case is still pending approval. I know of about 2 cases where this happened.

As a matter of fact, I do not even recommend DV selectees inform their school of their DV selection until after successfully completing the process. You don’t want to find yourself in a situation of being erroneously terminated from SEVIS because your school official assumed you’re now a LPR when your case is still pending approval. I know of about 2 cases where this happened.
I can see that happen. They are truly clueless about immigration process.

I can see that happen. They are truly clueless about immigration process.
It’s not their job to be fully clued up on immigration. It is their job to understand everything to do with student visas/status, which is non immigrant of course. There is no “student based” progression from a student visa to a green card (adjustment is DV, marriage etc) so I would not expect them to be able to answer any such questions.

Well, I guess I may have potentially dodged a bullet here. Thank you for the info.

Every time I ask a question to international student office of my university they say I should ask my lawyer. They are not usually willing to be responsible for any kind of advice.

I think that's a common thing in almost every University regarding international students. They wanna make sure they are not violating any form of immigration law on their part. It just sucks that International students pay more than triple the cost of tuition fees compared to a local student but the Global office is not that reliable when it comes to other aspects of immigration.

Hello! I/We are new to posting on this forum so my apologies if I am posting this incorrectly.

Thank you for this forum - it's extremely helpful. I have a couple of questions relating to submitting the DS-260 forms.
1. Is there a disadvantage to not submitting the DS-260 forms for the applicant and derivatives?
2. Would this potentially make the process a little quicker because we won't be waiting for the 2NL?
3. When current, would we then start with paying the Admin Fee?
Thank you!

It’s not their job to be fully clued up on immigration. It is their job to understand everything to do with student visas/status, which is non immigrant of course. There is no “student based” progression from a student visa to a green card (adjustment is DV, marriage etc) so I would not expect them to be able to answer any such questions.
I get that but sometimes they have these free information sessions where they claim to offer some type of guidance regarding pathways to citizenship. If you look at my previous post, that's exactly what they advertised on that Instagram picture. Now I realize that it can be misleading.

I get that but sometimes they have these free information sessions where they claim to offer some type of guidance regarding pathways to citizenship. If you look at my previous post, that's exactly what they advertised on that Instagram picture. Now I realize that it can be misleading.

anyway I would not equate a free workshop or two with anything more specific about the many and plenty ways to get a green card. You cannot possibly expect them to be able to know everything about all the pathways, none of which come directly from being a student.

As for the high cost of fees, there is no college where international students are charged a premium ( well maybe the visa mills but I really hope you are not at one of those). Private colleges charge the same for everyone, and publics charge the same for out of state regardless if that is one of the other states or another country.

I think that's a common thing in almost every University regarding international students. They wanna make sure they are not violating any form of immigration law on their part. It just sucks that International students pay more than triple the cost of tuition fees compared to a local student but the Global office is not that reliable when it comes to other aspects of immigration.
The original idea behind setting up a “global office” isn’t intended for guiding students on other aspects of immigration - their primary role is that of maintaining and updating international students’ records in SEVIS, period. A school such as yours may decide to bring in USCIS officials to brief international students - most colleges do not offer that service.

It is therefore unreasonable IMO to expect some college based Global office to be “reliable when it comes to other aspects of immigration” simply because international students “pay triple the cost of tuition fees compared to local students” - the schools do not owe international students that service because of the amount of money they pay. Local students attending public schools in their States of residence pay significantly less than international students because their parents presumably pay taxes, part of which is used in funding the schools international students are benefitting from by attending. A local student who opts to attend a private institution is expected to pay the same amount of tuition fee as an international student, as those private institutions are self funded (they do not benefit from government funding derived from tax payers).

I realize this conversation is digressing from the purpose and intent of this thread, but I feel it is important to address certain misconceptions being expressed on the thread.

anyway I would not equate a free workshop or two with anything more specific about the many and plenty ways to get a green card. You cannot possibly expect them to be able to know everything about all the pathways, none of which come directly from being a student.

As for the high cost of fees, there is no college where international students are charged a premium ( well maybe the visa mills but I really hope you are not at one of those). Private colleges charge the same for everyone, and publics charge the same for out of state regardless if that is one of the other states or another country.
SNAP! You beat me to it :)

True. I have never paid more than any other domestic student. I think the poster was referring to out-of-state tuition in public colleges.