• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

He did not explicitly mention about it - he only mentioned that once the KCC file is here he can go ahead and approve ..
For your sake, I hope the background check clearance isn’t one of the factors holding up the approval. It is not unusual for the IO to state they’re ready to approve but they’re waiting for the KCC file, and it turns out the KCC file is not the only thing holding up a case but the background check clearance is also pending.

For your sake, I hope the background check clearance isn’t one of the factors holding up the approval. It is not unusual for the IO to state they’re ready to approve but they’re waiting for the KCC file, and it turns out the KCC file is not the only thing holding up a case but the background check clearance is also pending.
I think its also the background check too ...i had the bio on March 2 and Interview on March 16...its hard to think background check would come thru within just 2 weeks ...well as you said,ill just have to wait ..fingers crossed!

I think its also the background check too ...i had the bio on March 2 and Interview on March 16...its hard to think background check would come thru within just 2 weeks ...well as you said,ill just have to wait ..fingers crossed!
Background check clearance can come through within two weeks or less as a matter of fact - it all depends on the individual being checked and what the initial check comes up with.

found it, hopefully our cases move faster, Cleveland field office for mine. couldn't figure out how to add my info into the spread sheet. good luck y'all. will be following closely.

Question on the I-134:
Which amount on the Tax Transcript should we be comparing with HHS Poverty Guidelines?
Is it the "WAGES, SALARIES, TIPS, ETC" on the first page of the tax transcripts?

For my case, I'm trying to find the amount that should be above $38,350 (California, 5 household members).

Thank you.

AOS 2NL = KCC’s acknowledgment of a selectee’s plan to process AOS. That is all it is. It is not a form. So consider that email your 2LN

Thank you for the update! That is great news :)

I have another question pop up when checking my status on the ceac.state.gov website. It used to say "at NVC" (since I was applying for CP), however it now says "your case is currently at KCC". Is that a common status update for having changed from CP to AOS?

Thank you!

Question on the I-134:
Which amount on the Tax Transcript should we be comparing with HHS Poverty Guidelines?
Is it the "WAGES, SALARIES, TIPS, ETC" on the first page of the tax transcripts?

For my case, I'm trying to find the amount that should be above $38,350 (California, 5 household members).

Thank you.
Not sure what you mean by “trying to find the amount that should be above...”. Your sponsor’s (the person sponsoring (providing you with the support)) total income earned is what needs to be listed.

I have another question pop up when checking my status on the ceac.state.gov website. It used to say "at NVC" (since I was applying for CP), however it now says "your case is currently at KCC". Is that a common status update for having changed from CP to AOS?

Thank you!
CEAC status is irrelevant to AOS, I don’t monitor it or differentiate between what it shows. It is completely irrelevant to the process.

Background check clearance can come through within two weeks or less as a matter of fact - it all depends on the individual being checked and what the initial check comes up with.
My case is still at NBC probably waiting for the background check. All my inquiries are replied to by FO. Is there a way I can reach out to NBC to figure out what's going on?

Thank you!
You mean the status has changed? (the big blue label) What's your case region and range?

My case is still at NBC probably waiting for the background check. All my inquiries are replied to by FO. Is there a way I can reach out to NBC to figure out what's going on?
There’s no listed direct means of contacting the NBC or the FOs.

found it, hopefully our cases move faster, Cleveland field office for mine. couldn't figure out how to add my info into the spread sheet. good luck y'all. will be following closely.
You need to send an access request from the spreadsheet in order to be able to add and edit your timeline like others.

Hey I hope you are doing well. Can you tell us again how you did your inquiry over the phone? Like did you ask for USCIS to file an inquiry for you? I would really appreciate the steps you have taken for this as it can help many of us stuck waiting for Bio and IN. Thank you man
Hey,
We spoke to tier 1 agent and asked her to give us updates on our case, since there was nothing changed during last 60 days. We emphasized that we are dv case with limited time line and she was like OK, ill place an inquire for you.

Hey,
We spoke to tier 1 agent and asked her to give us updates on our case, since there was nothing changed during last 60 days. We emphasized that we are dv case with limited time line and she was like OK, ill place an inquire for you.
Ok thank you for the information!! Best of luck for the rest!

Reactions: TZ&
Hello,

My CN is AS21xxx.

I've been in the US since college on F1 visa and then went on to have my OPT and now I'm on H1B visa. However, I haven't left the US / returned to my home country since my H1B got approved so I don't have the visa yet on my passport. I want to adjust my status in the US and I have some questions regarding filling the DS260:

1) In the question that asks for information on my latest US visa, am I correct if I put my F1 visa information since my H1B visa has not been issued yet?
2) Since I have been working in the US on F1 and H1B, I already have a SSN. But my current SSN have restriction "Valid for work only with DHS authorization." In this case, should I answer yes to the question that asks whether I need a new social security card?

Thank you!!