• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello,

My CN is AS21xxx.

I've been in the US since college on F1 visa and then went on to have my OPT and now I'm on H1B visa. However, I haven't left the US / returned to my home country since my H1B got approved so I don't have the visa yet on my passport. I want to adjust my status in the US and I have some questions regarding filling the DS260:

1) In the question that asks for information on my latest US visa, am I correct if I put my F1 visa information since my H1B visa has not been issued yet?
2) Since I have been working in the US on F1 and H1B, I already have a SSN. But my current SSN have restriction "Valid for work only with DHS authorization." In this case, should I answer yes to the question that asks whether I need a new social security card?

Thank you!!
1. Yes.
2. The response to that question is irrelevant for AOSers. SSN doesn’t get processed for AOSers based on the DS260 response. You’ll have to apply for a replacement SSN card after getting the GC.

It happened exactly to me. Sent the money order in feb 24 and was cashed on mar 5 but show in transit. No problem I think the USPS showing this because delivery to POBOX. Send email to KCC with all your information and they will mail a copy of the receipt. KCC needs a week to respons email and week to deliver the receipt and me still waiting the receipt
Hi did you finally receive a receipt for your payment? My payment still shows "in transit" when it was supposed to get there a long time ago

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share an update and ask a follow-up question. I sent my AOS application using FedEx, and it was delivered to the Chicago lockbox on March 17 (FedEx indicates that it was received and signed). I checked my bank account, and I see that they haven't cashed my check, and I haven't received a notice of action so far. How long does it usually take to receive the notice of action? When I sent my OPT application (in February), I received the notice of action three days after USCIS got the package.

I'm also wondering if I will be able to work with my EAD card (it's currently pending, I applied based on post-completion OPT) while my I-485 application is processing.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share an update and ask a follow-up question. I sent my AOS application using FedEx, and it was delivered to the Chicago lockbox on March 17 (FedEx indicates that it was received and signed). I checked my bank account, and I see that they haven't cashed my check, and I haven't received a notice of action so far. How long does it usually take to receive the notice of action? When I sent my OPT application (in February), I received the notice of action three days after USCIS got the package.

I'm also wondering if I will be able to work with my EAD card (it's currently pending, I applied based on post-completion OPT) while my I-485 application is processing.
1. Take a look at the timeline spreadsheet for our long it’s taken others to get the NOA following AOS package submission.
2. You can work with the OPT based EAD card when you receive it while your AOS is pending.

Hi did you finally receive a receipt for your payment? My payment still shows "in transit" when it was supposed to get there a long time ago
Have you checked if it's been cashed? Sometimes tracking is inaccurate. If it's a money order, you can check on USPS website. If it's a cashier's check, you can call your bank and they can check for you.

Hi folks,

Which USPS service have you used/would you recommend for sending the AOS package?
- Priority Mail Express
- Priority Mail
- First-Class Mail

Thanks,

I read the spreadsheet, should I necessarily provide the high school diploma translation while I have a University degree from my country? I mean, doesn't the MD degree itself show that I have passed the 12 years of education before University? you know, I do already have the University degree translation for AOS, but providing the high school degree takes time

I read the spreadsheet, should I necessarily provide the high school diploma translation while I have a University degree from my country? I mean, doesn't the MD degree itself show that I have passed the 12 years of education before University? you know, I do already have the University degree translation for AOS, but providing the high school degree takes time
Providing the actual HS Diploma is recommended, we’ve had reports in the past where the IO insisted on seeing the HS Diploma, even though the selectee already had some college/university degree.

One a side note, having a University degree, be it from the US or from one’s country isn’t necessarily evidence of having gone through a formal course of study (a 12 year high school program). It is possible to get a college admission and subsequently earn a college degree with an equivalency certificate such as a GED diploma which is definitely not a HS diploma.

Hi mom, wondering RE I-485, I just booked a gig and will receive a w2 for a commercial (one off gig) - should this be included as an 'employer' for the section detailing employment history?

Providing the actual HS Diploma is recommended, we’ve had reports in the past where the IO insisted on seeing the HS Diploma, even though the selectee already had some college/university degree.

One a side note, having a University degree, be it from the US or from one’s country isn’t necessarily evidence of having gone through a formal course of study (a 12 year high school program). It is possible to get a college admission and subsequently earn a college degree with an equivalency certificate such as a GED diploma which is definitely not a HS
Thanks for your clear and complete answer.
If I apply for I-765 and obtain EAD during my AOS processing never use EAD during the process, as I am currently working/studying on F1, will denial of my case make it impossible for me to stay in the US on current F1? If so, when you are already on F1 and you are going to apply for AOS, applying for I-765 is nothing but putting your case at sheer risk!

Thanks for your clear and complete answer.
If I apply for I-765 and obtain EAD during my AOS processing never use EAD during the process, as I am currently working/studying on F1, will denial of my case make it impossible for me to stay in the US on current F1? If so, when you are already on F1 and you are going to apply for AOS, applying for I-765 is nothing but putting your case at sheer risk!
No impact.

Hi mom, wondering RE I-485, I just booked a gig and will receive a w2 for a commercial (one off gig) - should this be included as an 'employer' for the section detailing employment history?
Please use your discretion on whether to list this or not.

Please use your discretion on whether to list this or not.
Thank you! Can I ask if there are particular pros/cons to either case?

Also, as I'm doing a final look over my documents before I submit, I noticed the I-485 has been updated with a new expiration of 09/30/2021.

In addition, I noticed the I-944 is no longer required by the USCIS. Can you confirm whether this is true? And if I should be sending anything else in replace of it?

Thank you!

Thank you! Can I ask if there are particular pros/cons to either case?

Also, as I'm doing a final look over my documents before I submit, I noticed the I-485 has been updated with a new expiration of 09/30/2021.

In addition, I noticed the I-944 is no longer required by the USCIS. Can you confirm whether this is true? And if I should be sending anything else in replace of it?

Thank you!
1. Again, please use your discretion.
2. Yes, effective 4/19/2021, USCIS will only accept the 3/10/21 edition I-485.
3. Yes, I-944 is no longer required. Take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet for the listed financial support documents.

1. Again, please use your discretion.
2. Yes, effective 4/19/2021, USCIS will only accept the 3/10/21 edition I-485.
3. Yes, I-944 is no longer required. Take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet for the listed financial support documents.
Does this mean I should still use the old version if I am filing before 4/19/2021? Or is it ok to use the newer version?

Thank you! I didn't realise it'd be updated already - so helpful! Can you confirm that I will not need an I-134 if I am filing just for myself?

Does this mean I should still use the old version if I am filing before 4/19/2021? Or is it ok to use the newer version?

Thank you! I didn't realise it'd be updated already - so helpful! Can you confirm that I will not need an I-134 if I am filing just for myself?
Why not sending the most recent version of the form?

1. Please read this post
2. I’m not sure how you came about the idea of not needing an I-134 if filing for just yourself. You don’t need an I-134 if you’re able to demonstrate you’re financially capable of providing for yourself and are unlikely to become a public charge.

p.s. - number your questions if you have more than one in a post.