• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi Mom, Thank you for everything.
My B1/B2 Extension Applications are pending now, I94 was expired on June 17th 2020, i applied B2 Extension twice, both pending now. hope I can stay in USA till June 17 2021, my questions:
1. Can I do AOS in USA with B1/B2 Extension pending?
2. If I can not, should I submit my I260 form now, and return to my country in Asia to apply visa through Embassy which is opening now. ( hope my case number will be current in June)
Thank you so much for your help.
1. You have no status to adjust from while your EOS application is pending, so you're not eligible to file for AOS.
2. You'll need to decide on what to do. Right now, AOS option is not available to you.

On a side note, if your EOS gets denied and you've accrued an illegal presence of 180 days, you will be facing 3 year ban from the US. That means you will not be getting an IV via CP either. If you depart the US before your EOS gets adjudicated, and in the event the adjudication is a denial, no ban from being re-admitted into the US in the future will apply in that case.

Hi Mom, Thank you for everything.
My B1/B2 Extension Applications are pending now, I94 was expired on June 17th 2020, i applied B2 Extension twice, both pending now. hope I can stay in USA till June 17 2021, my questions:
1. Can I do AOS in USA with B1/B2 Extension pending?
2. If I can not, should I submit my I260 form now, and return to my country in Asia to apply visa through Embassy which is opening now. ( hope my case number will be current in June)
Thank you so much for your help.
extension pending is not a status.
btw unless you have an excellent reason for the second extension don’t be surprised if it’s denied.

1. You have no status to adjust from while your EOS application is pending, so you're not eligible to file for AOS.
2. You'll need to decide on what to do. Right now, AOS option is not available to you.

On a side note, if your EOS gets denied and you've accrued an illegal presence of 180 days, you will be facing 3 year ban from the US. That means you will not be getting an IV via CP either. If you depart the US before your EOS gets adjudicated, and in the event the adjudication is a denial, no ban from being re-admitted into the US in the future will apply in that case.
Thank you so much for your reply, so right thing for me now: depart US soon before EOS gets adjudicated, then apply DV visa through my country's embassy.
even my EOS is denied the next day I leave UAS, it won't affect re-admitted into US in the future.
Am I right?

extension pending is not a status.
btw unless you have an excellent reason for the second extension don’t be surprised if it’s denied.
Thank you so much for your reply, so right thing for me now: depart US soon before EOS gets adjudicated, then apply DV visa through my country's embassy.
even my EOS is denied the next day I leave UAS, it won't affect re-admitted into US in the future.
Am I right?

Am I right?
You only need to post a question once.

Well, it would affect attempted entry on a non immigrant status - your b visa would be voided if there was a denial after an overstay - but an overstay without a ban should not be a problem for an immigrant visa like DV.

Hello Mom and everybody!

Today, on March 23 in our USCIS account we see an update: New card is being produced. Thank you to Mom and all people in this forum. We are impressed with this Internet community!!! Thank you very much! We will always remember you! Thank you!

More detailed information about our experience is on the Timeline Google sheet for AOS2021.

Thank you and have a great evening! I wish everybody to get great news soon.

Last edited:
You only need to post a question once.

Well, it would affect attempted entry on a non immigrant status - your b visa would be voided if there was a denial after an overstay - but an overstay without a ban should not be a problem for an immigrant visa like DV.
Thank you so much!

Hello Mom and everybody!

Today, on March 23 in our USCIS account we see an update: New card is being produced. Thank you to Mom and all people in this forum. We are impressed with this Internet community!!! Thank you very much! We will always remember you! Thank you!

More detailed information about our experience is on the Timeline Google sheet for AOS2021.

Thank you and have a great evening! I wish everybody to get great news soon.
Fantastic update! Congratulations!!!

Hi Mom!
1) Am I right that I cannot translate my own or my derivative applicant's ( my husband's) high school certificates?
2) If yes then would it be ok if we ask our friends to do so?
3) I know it's recommended that we do diplomas' evaluation but is it recommended to also do that for HS certificates?
Thank you!!

Hi Mom!
1) Am I right that I cannot translate my own or my derivative applicant's ( my husband's) high school certificates?
2) If yes then would it be ok if we ask our friends to do so?
3) I know it's recommended that we do diplomas' evaluation but is it recommended to also do that for HS certificates?
Thank you!!
1. That is correct.
2. Yes.
3. I’m not sure were that recommendation is coming from though.

Hello mom,

My husband doesn't have a health insurance.( He is in F2, I am F1 the principle applicant) Will it matter in any stage of the AOS process?

Thank you so much.

Hi Mom,

My question is about the new version of I-485, my lawyer already filled the oldest version, the package is ready to send, but we are waiting for DV fee receipt, which was cashed on March 19 (probably will be here next week), we are already included in the March Visa Bulletin (case SA112x), do you think we need to fill the new version? I know starting on April 19, my question is if the package is sent before April 19, but they open it after April 19, do I run the risk of being rejected? Which date is the one that counts, the date of shipment, received or the one that opens the package? I told my lawyer that I wanted to fill out the new version but he said that we could send the old version before the 19, and I want to confirm with you.

Thank you.

I'm confused and kind of upset about something and I need your opinion guys. Does the fact that my lawyer suggested that I don't have to pay the DV administrative fee because "This fee is for those applying for their immigrant visa at an Embassy/Consulate" mean that they don't know what they are doing? I still paid the fee on my own and will bring the receipt to the interview. But this is really bothering me because now I am not sure what to think since I have seen the very clear instructions on the Adjustment of Status DV lottery fee page just like anyone else. I am losing confidence in my lawyer tbh.

1. That is correct.
2. Yes.
3. I’m not sure were that recommendation is coming from though.
Thanks, Sm1smom! Sorry Mom I mixed up the third question. If I'm not mistaken evaluations were mentioned in the i-944 form that is no longer required. Then would you recommend doing evaluations now when i-944 is gone?

I'm confused and kind of upset about something and I need your opinion guys. Does the fact that my lawyer suggested that I don't have to pay the DV administrative fee because "This fee is for those applying for their immigrant visa at an Embassy/Consulate" mean that they don't know what they are doing? I still paid the fee on my own and will bring the receipt to the interview. But this is really bothering me because now I am not sure what to think since I have seen the very clear instructions on the Adjustment of Status DV lottery fee page just like anyone else. I am losing confidence in my lawyer tbh.
Very few lawyers know what they are doing with DV. Yes, yours clearly doesn’t understand the process properly. Was there a specific reason you retained him?

Very few lawyers know what they are doing with DV. Yes, yours clearly doesn’t understand the process properly. Was there a specific reason you retained him?
He was recommended to me as a good immigration lawyer and I never doubted him until we had this discussion about the fee.

Call the USCIS 1800 number to see if they're able to submit a case inquiry/contact your FO on your behalf letting them know you've completed the bio. At this point, I think you'll need to resign your mind to the fact that you most likely will need to stop working for a while.
Hi @Sm1smom I wanted to reply here, in case it might help anyone. Just had a call with the tier 2 agent this morning, he said there's no way for him to contact the field officer and I just have to wait for another interview invite. In any case, super grateful to have found your forum. Thank you!

Reactions: TZ&