• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

A friend of mine who also lives in NY (falls under same field office) suggested I use his address for mailing purposes instead of a PO Box. Would that be okay?
If he has a stable address and you trust him, sure. It is usually better in these cases that you list the ”in care of friend’s name” as part of the address.

Thank you so much for the answers!

We filled the DS 260 for my spouse too and sent it. When should I pay the 330 USD DV Fee if she will do FTJ?, should I sent a 660 Cashiers check for the both of us inmediately?

Thanks again
You send in the $330 Administrative fee payment only for your self. She will make the DV fee payment at the embassy when she goes for the interview.

I’ve got a question regarding the medical exam. In average how much you have spent guys? I have few shots from my childhood. But they are also checking overall health condition as I understood, right? So what is approximate cost for that. I live in Chicago.
The best way to know this by calling a few CS around you and ask for the price. Usually you can do everything in $200-$400 range, but again everything depends on where you live.

Sm1smom if I didn't receive an attachment with that email I told you about yesterday that KCC sent, does it matter? Not sure if it still means it's a 2NL ?​

Hi again @Sm1smom , I've got another question (I'll group all the questions I have into one post next time I promise :confused:)
I (the derivative) am on F1 status and my employer (under CPT) just told me today that they registered me for the H1B lottery. Would this cause any harm when applying for DV AOS? I still haven't sent my DS260 or anything (was planning on doing it later this week). I remember reading somewhere that two simultaneous AOS cases are a big 'nono' but I'm not sure if being 'registered' for the H1B lottery counts as an AOS case with USCIS or not.
Any guidance on this would be super helpful. Thanks as always.

Edit: My concern could be complete garbage due to me freaking out atm. So my apologies if any of the info in the post doesn't make sense. or should not be concerning

Last edited:

Sm1smom if I didn't receive an attachment with that email I told you about yesterday that KCC sent, does it matter? Not sure if it still means it's a 2NL ?​

Stop stressing over the 2NL or whether what you received is the 2NL or not. You can still submit your AOS package without the "2NL" which basically is an acknowledgment of KCC's awareness of a selectee's decision to process AOS - that is all the 2NL is.

Hi again @Sm1smom , I've got another question (I'll group all the questions I have into one post next time I promise :confused:)
I (the derivative) am on F1 status and my employer (under CPT) just told me today that they registered me for the H1B lottery. Would this cause any harm when applying for DV AOS? I still haven't sent my DS260 or anything (was planning on doing it later this week). I remember reading somewhere that two simultaneous AOS cases are a big 'nono' but I'm not sure if being 'registered' for the H1B lottery counts as an AOS case with USCIS or not.
Any guidance on this would be super helpful. Thanks as always.

Edit: My concern could be complete garbage due to me freaking out atm. So my apologies if any of the info in the post doesn't make sense. or should not be concerning
Not sure where you read about having two AOS applications running simultaneously in the system as a "no no" - that is certainly not correct. Anyway, being registered for the H1B lottery has no impact on filing for a DV based AOS application.

Hello every one; I had a question about DV2021. my case number is AS26k I have not recieved any email from KCC for submiting the documents yet. Is it a good i dea to submit my documents or should I wait untill I recieve email for submiting documents? Regards

Are you processing AOS?

Hi @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ, I have a question about the I-485 form.

I last arrived in the U.S. with an F1 visa and was issued the online I-94. Recently my H-1B got approved and there is I-94 form at the bottom of my I-797 approval notice. Which one should I use for I-485 form?

So in Part 1, Section 'Recent Immigration History', item number 23a-23c,
Is it asking for the most recent I-94 (which is at the bottom of my I-797) or the I-94 (online) that was issued when I last arrived in the U.S.?

Thank you in advance Mom and Susie!!

Not sure where you read about having two AOS applications running simultaneously in the system as a "no no" - that is certainly not correct. Anyway, being registered for the H1B lottery has no impact on filing for a DV based AOS application.
You probably hear this alot, but Oh my God! THANK. YOU. @Sm1smom!

Hi @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ, I have a question about the I-485 form.

I last arrived in the U.S. with an F1 visa and was issued the online I-94. Recently my H-1B got approved and there is I-94 form at the bottom of my I-797 approval notice. Which one should I use for I-485 form?

So in Part 1, Section 'Recent Immigration History', item number 23a-23c,
Is it asking for the most recent I-94 (which is at the bottom of my I-797) or the I-94 (online) that was issued when I last arrived in the U.S.?

Thank you in advance Mom and Susie!!
The clue regarding the answer to your question is the use of the word “Recent” where it says “Recent Immigration History”

Few questions:

Currently on E3 status in the USA (i have at least 12 months left on my visa/i94)
1) is paying the DV Admin fee also considered an intent to immigrate (similar to filing the DS260), or do you need to also submit you i485 for there to be intent.
2) if you pay the DV Admin Fee, but don't later file i485 - are there any negative consequences (other than the fee being lost).
3) if you file your i485 but are not successful (rejected, no visa's left, out of time etc) - what happens to your current status (in my case E3)? ie. Do i remain in E3 (again - i have at least 12 months left on my visa/i94) or am I now out of status / have to leave ?

Thanks in advance.

The clue regarding the answer to your question is the use of the word “Recent” where it says “Recent Immigration History”
Hi Mom, thank you for the answer!
In fact the word recent itself was what confused me.
I am not sure when it says recent does it mean the most recent I-94 or i-94 used at most recent date of entry?

Hello Mom,

My CN is going to be current on May 2021. I sent my DV fee (Cashier's check) on March 12 and it was cashed on March 16. As of today, however, I have not received the DV payment receipt. I have already scheduled my medical exam for March 24, 2021. I have checked the Spreadsheet timeline, for some people it took up to 62 days to receive the DV payment receipt. Should I go ahead and do the medical or postpone it for a week or so to get the DV payment receipt first?

Thank you very much for your time.
Hi just to know, are you planning on doing early filling?

Hi Mom, Thank you for everything.
My B1/B2 Extension Applications are pending now, I94 was expired on June 17th 2020, i applied B2 Extension twice, both pending now. hope I can stay in USA till June 17 2021, my questions:
1. Can I do AOS in USA with B1/B2 Extension pending?
2. If I can not, should I submit my DS260 form now, and return to my country in Asia to apply visa through Embassy which is opening now. ( hope my case number will be current in June)
Thank you so much for your help.

Last edited:
Few questions:

Currently on E3 status in the USA (i have at least 12 months left on my visa/i94)
1) is paying the DV Admin fee also considered an intent to immigrate (similar to filing the DS260), or do you need to also submit you i485 for there to be intent.
2) if you pay the DV Admin Fee, but don't later file i485 - are there any negative consequences (other than the fee being lost).
3) if you file your i485 but are not successful (rejected, no visa's left, out of time etc) - what happens to your current status (in my case E3)? ie. Do i remain in E3 (again - i have at least 12 months left on my visa/i94) or am I now out of status / have to leave ?

Thanks in advance.
1. Yes, DV administrative fee payment constitutes a demonstrated immigrant intent.
2. Similar consequences as having filed a DS260 form - potential of being denied a future NIV.
3. You revert to your whatever status you were in prior to AOS filing, as long as you did not violate that status while your AOS application was pending.