• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

1. Combined with listing your sponsor's OH address on the I-485 as your mailing address? Yes, this could be an issue.
2. Get a USPS P.O. Box in NY and list that as your mailing address.
Thank you for your reply?
I was told by the school designated official that having a PO Box is not a good idea for immigration purposes as it’s seems like you don’t live in your current address? Is that true?

Thank you for your reply?
I was told by the school designated official that having a PO Box is not a good idea for immigration purposes as it’s seems like you don’t live in your current address? Is that true?
Seems strange for a school to say that, especially as you can have example students moving dorm to dorm over an academic year or even during the year or just other situations like yours where mail goes missing easily and a PO Box is safer.

I wouldn’t have recommended it if that were so.
I thought it was strange from her to say that. Thank you mom, I appreciate you and this forum.
So I’ll get a P.O. Box and make that my mailing address, then list my 2 other addresses (NY and Ohio) in the address history. With all of this mom, my driver’s license shouldn’t be a problem? Hopefully?

1. You wouldn’t have an A# if you’ve never applied for any kind of immigration benefit from USCIS in the past, so leave that section blank.
2. Leave that section blank if you’ve never created a USCIS online account in the past (this is not an account you create in order to submit your application).
3. Be specific with the section you’re asking about - there are certain sections on the form where a derivative must provide the principal applicant’s information.
4. Yes you can. Instructions says to write N/A or None as applicable.
Thank you so much for your answer.

In previous 3rd question I was asking about I -485, part 2, page 4 question 5.a,b,c etc-
If I am asking it again, when I am filling (I am F1-principle applicant) these 5,a,b and c shall I leave those boxes blank or write 'N/A'?

I have another question on the same form,
In part 1, page 3 question 24- asks for the current immigration status(if it has changed since your arrival) - To this question what I need to do is leave it blank without writing F1, as I am still in F1 since the entry to USA, Am I correct?

Thank you so much for your time.

I thought it was strange from her to say that. Thank you mom, I appreciate you and this forum.
So I’ll get a P.O. Box and make that my mailing address, then list my 2 other addresses (NY and Ohio) in the address history. With all of this mom, my driver’s license shouldn’t be a problem? Hopefully?
Hopefully.

Thank you so much for your answer.

In previous 3rd question I was asking about I -485, part 2, page 4 question 5.a,b,c etc-
If I am asking it again, when I am filling (I am F1-principle applicant) these 5,a,b and c shall I leave those boxes blank or write 'N/A'?

I have another question on the same form,
In part 1, page 3 question 24- asks for the current immigration status(if it has changed since your arrival) - To this question what I need to do is leave it blank without writing F1, as I am still in F1 since the entry to USA, Am I correct?

Thank you so much for your time.
1. Write N/A
2. Write N/A
Again please read the instructions - don’t leave sections which do not apply to you blank, you’re required to write N/A or None as applicable.

I advise everyone pay the DV payment early because sometimes take longer time abd KCC not response quickly. My case number AS16500.
March 5, DV payment was cashed
March 11, submitted Ds-260
March 22, received the DV payment receipt

I received the 2020 COVID-19Stimulus Check. Is this considered a public benefit?

Most immigration attorneys are of the opinion that the stimulus check is not means-tested and is therefore not a public benefit. They have argued that for most people, the money will either be direct-deposited into their checking account or they will receive it electronically or in the mail, with no option for them to decline or return it. They also say the stimulus check is technically a 2020 tax credit paid in advance, it therefore does not fall under the income maintenance category per chapter 10 of the USCIS Policy Manual, where it states, “USCIS considers any other federal, state, and local tribal cash assistance for income maintenance" as public benefit

AOS FAQ
No, as per the IRS they are tax credit and will be reconciled in your 2020 tax returns but it’s meant that you filed 1040 in 2019 that’s weird, because most of us should be non resident aliens and file 1040-NR. I’m CPA and know the difference. It’s important to file the correct returns for immigration purposes.

No, as per the IRS they are tax credit and will be reconciled in your 2020 tax returns but it’s meant that you filed 1040 in 2019 that’s weird, because most of us should be non resident aliens and file 1040-NR. I’m CPA and know the difference. It’s important to file the correct returns for immigration purposes.
What has this got to do with my post which you quoted? You do realize my post was a response to someone else? Please stop causing unnecessary confusion.

I advise everyone pay the DV payment early because sometimes take longer time abd KCC not response quickly. My case number AS16500.
March 5, DV payment was cashed
March 11, submitted Ds-260
March 22, received the DV payment receipt
Bad advice! The payment is non-refundable for those whose CNs do not become current. Those with higher CN should watch and monitor the VB before rushing ahead to make the DV payment.

Hi, I hope you all doing well

First of all, thank you so much for all of your suggestions, especially you, mom!

Today I got dv payment receipt. It took 3 weeks after I mailed them a money order!

Right now I am only waiting for 2nls. Then I can file my aos package! Hope fully I will get it soon

Good evening, everyone! Finally, I found out forum for AoS. I’m DV 2021 Selectee from Europe. CN is 27***, it’s high enough.
We are in the US like 1 year and 4 months. Maintaining our status and studying very hard.

Recently Charlie has said that in June it’s gonna be Current in his online interview. What do you advise to do AoS or go to Kazakhstan? How many months AoS is gonna take? Are we able to finish it till 30 th September after starting in June? We sent DS-260 in November and still don’t get requested our copies of documents.

So you’re now a CPA who knows the difference, yet you were asking the same question back in January and wondering as to how to return the stimulus payment.

Hello Mom,

My CN is going to be current on May 2021. I sent my DV fee (Cashier's check) on March 12 and it was cashed on March 16. As of today, however, I have not received the DV payment receipt. I have already scheduled my medical exam for March 24, 2021. I have checked the Spreadsheet timeline, for some people it took up to 62 days to receive the DV payment receipt. Should I go ahead and do the medical or postpone it for a week or so to get the DV payment receipt first?

Thank you very much for your time.

Good evening, everyone! Finally, I found out forum for AoS. I’m DV 2021 Selectee from Europe. CN is 27***, it’s high enough.
We are in the US like 1 year and 4 months. Maintaining our status and studying very hard.

Recently Charlie has said that in June it’s gonna be Current in his online interview. What do you advise to do AoS or go to Kazakhstan? How many months AoS is gonna take? Are we able to finish it till 30 th September after starting in June? We sent DS-260 in November and still don’t get requested our copies of documents.
That is a decision you’ll have to make on your own. I can’t tell you which option is better for you or how long AOS will take - there are several factors which contribute to how long it takes. You’ll need to take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet, look at the pros and cons of each option to figure out which is best for you.