• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello everyone,

I contacted KCC about my 2NL that was not received. I sent them an email asking them to send me my 2nl and attached the pdf file of my DS-260 submission. They answered me today with this

"Thank you for your inquiry.
The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case.
To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request."

What does this mean?? Thank you everyone <3
What did you end up doing about this? I just received this email after asking whether they needed me to send the documents. Now i'm stressing out that my DS260 is not being processed :/

Dear Mom,

Thank you for that clarity. It really helps.

Therefore the forms I would need to provide within the AOS pack are: I-485, G-1145, I-506 and I-566 (G4 Visa holders), and I-693? With these I would provide the necessary evidence per these forms plus Financial supporting evidence such as Employment Letter, Bank Statements, Investment Statements, Pension Account, Payslips etc. Am I correct? Not sure we need I-765, I-131 at this point

Please forgive me, I think I have spent so much time going over this its starting to confuse me.
Please take a look at the “AOS Package” tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet for further guidance on the applicable forms and documents.

Hi everyone! I filed the I-485 last week. Now all I can do is wait. My question is do they take into account the fact that we have to complete everything by september? Or is it the case that now that I have filed I can take a longer time to complete everything?

Hi mom, I got my receipt back for my payment to the DOS - confirming it is just the original piece of paper you fill out with a stamp on it that says 'paid'? Also could you confirm that I send a copy of this in my package and save the original for my interview?

Hi everyone! I filed the I-485 last week. Now all I can do is wait. My question is do they take into account the fact that we have to complete everything by september? Or is it the case that now that I have filed I can take a longer time to complete everything?

They do. But yes now you have to be patient and wait. I know it's hard and stressful, but the goal is worth it!

Yes, they take FY sunset clause into consideration - that is why DV based AOS cases always get prioritized over other AOS applications.

Hi mom, I got my receipt back for my payment to the DOS - confirming it is just the original piece of paper you fill out with a stamp on it that says 'paid'? Also could you confirm that I send a copy of this in my package and save the original for my interview?
Yes, and yes.

How long did you wait for the receipt?

Hi everyone, I had military training back in my country. Currently, I can't get to discharge order from my country.
1) Do I require to have a copy of military record with my I-485?
2) Has anyone heard anything about the interview officer asking for military record while interviewing?
Thanks in advance!

1. “NO”
2. “N/A” (DV based AOS application has no underlying receipt or petition number)
3. You add your employment history as applicable.
4. The I-134 form should be filled by anyone willing to take on the task on the responsibility of supporting you financially when you’re unable to provide for yourself. Is your advisor willing to take on this personal responsibility?
Thanks for the response mom.
The pdf file does not allow me to use "/" character for the petition number so I couldn't type N/A.
I don't think my advisor would accept that. In this case, how should I fill out the i134 form? or show my finance proficiency?

Hello Again,

I was starting the process to submit the DS-260 form and just added my spouse to it (We got married after I got selected). She will be a Follow to Join (FTJ). I was just wondering if what I did is okay, and I should have added her there. Currently in the DS260 website it says that the addition of her name is "Under Review" and that it may take 1 hour for her to be added. Does she has to submit the DS260 too even though she will be FTJ?

Thanks a lot

Hi everyone, I had military training back in my country. Currently, I can't get to discharge order from my country.
1) Do I require to have a copy of military record with my I-485?
2) Has anyone heard anything about the interview officer asking for military record while interviewing?
Thanks in advance!
If you take a look at the “Pros_Cons AOS/CP tab of the AOS process spreadsheet, you’ll see where it’s says “No Military Records Required (but it doesn't hurt to include if you already have it)” for AOS.

Hello Again,

I was starting the process to submit the DS-260 form and just added my spouse to it (We got married after I got selected). She will be a Follow to Join (FTJ). I was just wondering if what I did is okay, and I should have added her there. Currently in the DS260 website it says that the addition of her name is "Under Review" and that it may take 1 hour for her to be added. Does she has to submit the DS260 too even though she will be FTJ?

Thanks a lot
Yes she needs to equally fill out and submit the DS260 form for herself if you’ve already added her under yours and she’s planning on processing FTJ.

Thanks for the response mom.
The pdf file does not allow me to use "/" character for the petition number so I couldn't type N/A.
I don't think my advisor would accept that. In this case, how should I fill out the i134 form? or show my finance proficiency?
You’ll need to disable Java script in the pdf in other to type free style into sections requiring dates/numbers: steps for disabling Java script”
  1. Launch Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
  2. Select Edit>Preferences.
  3. Select the JavaScript Category.
  4. Uncheck the 'Enable Acrobat JavaScript' option.
  5. Click OK.
Again, you cannot fill out the I-134 for yourself, it has to be filled by someone willing to be your sponsor. You may not need to submit an I-134 if you can demonstrate you are capable of meeting your financial obligations and are unlikely to resort to using public benefits. Please take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet for guidance on documents you can use to demonstrate that.

If you take a look at the “Pros_Cons AOS/CP tab of the AOS process spreadsheet, you’ll see where it’s says “No Military Records Required (but it doesn't hurt to include if you already have it)” for AOS.
Thanks for answering my question mom! I just get confused when you answered someone's previous question in this thread. You mentioned that it needs to be submitted with AOS package. Is that just because he or she already had the military record so it doesn't hurt to include it with AOS package?
1. If your military record indicates you never served, the answer is NO.
2. You had the training regardless of not having a practical experience, so the answer is YES.
3. It needs to be submitted with the AOS package.