• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Yes she needs to equally fill out and submit the DS260 form for herself if you’ve already added her under yours and she’s planning on processing FTJ.
Dear mom,

Does she have to do it right now, before my GC is issued, or can she wait until I get approved first?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for answering my question mom! I just get confused when you answered someone's previous question in this thread. You mentioned that it needs to be submitted with AOS package. Is that just because he or she already had the military record so it doesn't hurt to include it with AOS package?
You already have the answer to the question you're asking in your own question.

My recommendation is to do it now. Not sure why you'll wish to delay on doing so
I am worried that as I will apply for the GC on April 1st, they might take too long to process my GC and if there is only 1 month or so left when I get my GC, she will have shown inmigration intent by submitting the DS260 and that they won't allow her to come visit on her tourist visa if the FTJ process is not completed, and the fiscal years ends.

Hello,

I am an F1 student in the US since 2018 and I am a DV2021 selectee. My first college was in Ohio and I lived there with my aunt (sponsor) for a year. In 2019 I transferred to NY but because I had a drivers license from Ohio for 4 and half years (expires October 2022) I didn’t bother obtaining a driver’s license from NY.

Question #1: would having an interview in NY but a driver’s license form a different state cause me any problems. Also all my bank statements have the Ohio address as I get them paperless I also didn’t bother updating addresses.

Question #2: I don’t live in the best neighborhood in NY and mail gets lost often unfortunately. Can I use my aunt’s address in Ohio in the form I-485 as a mailing address. Just for mailing purposes as I would like to have the interview in NY. Her address is more reliable and the one that I would trust having important mail sent to. Of course my NY address would be listed in the other section as the address I presently live at. Do you think this is feasible or not.

I appreciate the help!

What did you end up doing about this? I just received this email after asking whether they needed me to send the documents. Now i'm stressing out that my DS260 is not being processed :/
Hey! I ended up not getting my 2NL so I just didn't include it in my AOS package

I am worried that as I will apply for the GC on April 1st, they might take too long to process my GC and if there is only 1 month or so left when I get my GC, she will have shown inmigration intent by submitting the DS260 and that they won't allow her to come visit on her tourist visa if the FTJ process is not completed, and the fiscal years ends.
Well assuming you would be here on your green card when she comes to ”visit”, the mere fact of having a LPR husband might suggest immigrant intent anyway. It is not only assessed on whether or not a DS form has been submitted.
Your fears can also be somewhat addressed by looking at past timelines. There are people who have gotten their DV green cards in September and still managed to complete a ftj for their spouse before fiscal year end (with some effort yes, but it was done). Delaying a DS260 just delays her potential completion time and could actually cause the situation you are trying to avoid, if she is doing consular processing it is not optional.

So if there's only one month left following your approval, she wouldn't bother to continue with FTJ process or what is the plan?

FYI - once your KCC file gets sent to your FO, she will no longer be able to complete the DS260 form as KCC will no longer have access to the file once it gets sent to your FO. Bear in mind, your FO may actually request contact the KCC to request the KCC file long before you're scheduled for your interview which means she will not be able to submit the DS260 form from that point onward if it hasn't already been submitted. Without a submitted DS260, the embassy cannot invite her for an interview.

So you guys basically need to make up your mind as to what you wish to do, you can't eat your cake and still have it like they say.

Oh by the way, an immigrant intent has already been demonstrated (albeit indirectly) with her being listed on your DS260 as FTJ.

Hello,

I am an F1 student in the US since 2018 and I am a DV2021 selectee. My first college was in Ohio and I lived there with my aunt (sponsor) for a year. In 2019 I transferred to NY but because I had a drivers license from Ohio for 4 and half years (expires October 2022) I didn’t bother obtaining a driver’s license from NY.

Question #1: would having an interview in NY but a driver’s license form a different state cause me any problems. Also all my bank statements have the Ohio address as I get them paperless I also didn’t bother updating addresses.

Question #2: I don’t live in the best neighborhood in NY and mail gets lost often unfortunately. Can I use my aunt’s address in Ohio in the form I-485 as a mailing address. Just for mailing purposes as I would like to have the interview in NY. Her address is more reliable and the one that I would trust having important mail sent to. Of course my NY address would be listed in the other section as the address I presently live at. Do you think this is feasible or not.

I appreciate the help!
1. Combined with listing your sponsor's OH address on the I-485 as your mailing address? Yes, this could be an issue.
2. Get a USPS P.O. Box in NY and list that as your mailing address.

hello everyone,

I have a tricky question regarding tax returns. So I have tried to file for my taxes through Sprintax or Glaciertax (websites provided by my school) but they both told me that I'm considered a resident taxpayer under the Substantial Presence Test (because I have been here since 2015). Now I'm using TurboTax to file for my taxes and it's showing that I'm eligible for a stimulus check refund which I didn't get. When I called the Turbotax expert they told me that since I'm a resident taxpayer I'm eligible for the refund but I'm worried that maybe I get the money I'm not supposed to get and that messes my AOS application up. Also I'm allowed to get the refund then does it hurt my application to get it or not? Thank you guys for the help

Hello mom,

I am in F1 visa and my husband is in F2 visa.
1) In filling I-485, what is the A-number? does it applicable to us?
2) We don't have an USCIS online account number, do we have to create an account in USCIS to fill up this or can we write N/A?
3) Can I write N/A in the boxes where derivative needs to fill up the respective principle applicants info? (As I am the principle applicant?)
4) Is it okay to fill all the boxes with N/A which doesn't applicable to us without keeping those boxes empty?

Thank you so much for your valuable time.

hello everyone,

I have a tricky question regarding tax returns. So I have tried to file for my taxes through Sprintax or Glaciertax (websites provided by my school) but they both told me that I'm considered a resident taxpayer under the Substantial Presence Test (because I have been here since 2015). Now I'm using TurboTax to file for my taxes and it's showing that I'm eligible for a stimulus check refund which I didn't get. When I called the Turbotax expert they told me that since I'm a resident taxpayer I'm eligible for the refund but I'm worried that maybe I get the money I'm not supposed to get and that messes my AOS application up. Also I'm allowed to get the refund then does it hurt my application to get it or not? Thank you guys for the help
I received the 2020 COVID-19Stimulus Check. Is this considered a public benefit?

Most immigration attorneys are of the opinion that the stimulus check is not means-tested and is therefore not a public benefit. They have argued that for most people, the money will either be direct-deposited into their checking account or they will receive it electronically or in the mail, with no option for them to decline or return it. They also say the stimulus check is technically a 2020 tax credit paid in advance, it therefore does not fall under the income maintenance category per chapter 10 of the USCIS Policy Manual, where it states, “USCIS considers any other federal, state, and local tribal cash assistance for income maintenance" as public benefit

AOS FAQ

hello everyone,

The stimulus check is a tax credit, not a public benefit. You don't have to worry about it.

EDIT: I did not realize that Mom already replied to you.

Just sharing a quick update! I mailed my check for the DV Administrative Fee on Tuesday, March 18 and the transaction is already pending on my bank account. That was fast.. Way to go U.S. Department of State!

View attachment 2344
Did you use a personal check? I thought you could only use money orders and cashier's checks and when you use the latter the money is immediately taken.

Hello mom,

I am in F1 visa and my husband is in F2 visa.
1) In filling I-485, what is the A-number? does it applicable to us?
2) We don't have an USCIS online account number, do we have to create an account in USCIS to fill up this or can we write N/A?
3) Can I write N/A in the boxes where derivative needs to fill up the respective principle applicants info? (As I am the principle applicant?)
4) Is it okay to fill all the boxes with N/A which doesn't applicable to us without keeping those boxes empty?

Thank you so much for your valuable time.
1. You wouldn’t have an A# if you’ve never applied for any kind of immigration benefit from USCIS in the past, so leave that section blank.
2. Leave that section blank if you’ve never created a USCIS online account in the past (this is not an account you create in order to submit your application).
3. Be specific with the section you’re asking about - there are certain sections on the form where a derivative must provide the principal applicant’s information.
4. Yes you can. Instructions says to write N/A or None as applicable.