• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello Mom,

My CN is going to be current on May 2021. I sent my DV fee (Cashier's check) on March 12 and it was cashed on March 16. As of today, however, I have not received the DV payment receipt. I have already scheduled my medical exam for March 24, 2021. I have checked the Spreadsheet timeline, for some people it took up to 62 days to receive the DV payment receipt. Should I go ahead and do the medical or postpone it for a week or so to get the DV payment receipt first?

Thank you very much for your time.
You should proceed as planned with your medical.

That is a decision you’ll have to make on your own. I can’t tell you which option is better for you or how long AOS will take - there are several factors which contribute to how long it takes. You’ll need to take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet, look at the pros and cons of each option to figure out which is best for you.
From personal experience from this forum. Could you please statistically say the amount of months for recent years? I believe that your info could help to navigate.

From personal experience from this forum. Could you please statistically say the amount of months for recent years? I believe that your info could help to navigate.
There are timelines on the spreadsheet, that is why they are there.... you can examine them, noting especially the ones who submit later in the fiscal year.

Take a look at the timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of the average processing time. You’ll find the link to the timeline spreadsheets on the AOS process spreadsheet.

Dear Mom et al.,

Further to my reading of recent posts on this thread and info on the USCIS site, am I correct in stating that now you only need (if you have sufficient savings, salary, investments etc.) to provide these as evidence with the I-485?

Meaning there is no longer a need for I-944, I-384 etc.?

Dear Mom et al.,

Further to my reading of recent posts on this thread and info on the USCIS site, am I correct in stating that now you only need (if you have sufficient savings, salary, investments etc.) to provide these as evidence with the I-485?

Meaning there is no longer a need for I-944, I-384 etc.?
Form I-944 is no longer required. I don’t know what an I-384 is.

Form I-944 is no longer required. I don’t know what an I-384 is.
Sorry I meant I-134. Again Mom thank you for this clarity, your insight and guidance is very valuable in navigating this. Obviously like everyone else I want to ensure my chances are as best they can be. Just to confirm in your opinion, you can provide the financial evidence along with the I-485 now, there is no other form required specifically to demonstrate your financial stability (if you don't feel you need support)?

Sorry I meant I-134. Again Mom thank you for this clarity, your insight and guidance is very valuable in navigating this. Obviously like everyone else I want to ensure my chances are as best they can be. Just to confirm in your opinion, you can provide the financial evidence along with the I-485 now, there is no other form required specifically to demonstrate your financial stability (if you don't feel you need support)?
Please see my previous responses to you on this issue (I'm actually pulling them down below in this post for easier reference for you):
1. You don't need to file out an I-134 for your wife. You financial documents will be treated as jointly owned/applicable.
2. I wouldn't make the trip if I was in your shoes.
3. Yes. This is called out on the AOS process spreadsheet.
4. Their Birth Certificates only.

You don't fill out an I-134 for yourself either. The I-134 is for those who may not be able to demonstrate they're financially stable enough to self support. If you're able to demonstrate that with your financial documents, you don't need an I-134 (which gets filled by someone else who is willing to support you by the way).

Please take a look at the “AOS Package” tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet for further guidance on the applicable forms and documents.

I went through this same process a couple of years back, I know precisely what is at stake. This is the reason why people like @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ, @Xarthisius and myself stayed back several years later to provide the ongoing support to help new selectees successfully navigate the process, which is a lot more than we found or got when we went through the process. I appreciate it a lot more when people are not asking me the same question over and over again (because they want me to say or write a specific thing), when they calm down, digest and make use of the information that's already been provided for free as against trying to remind me of what this opportunity means for them. That, I don't appreciate.

Thank you, Susie. In your experience/opinion, does it work? Will USCIS do something about my case or will they just give the same answer that I have to wait for my bio
I had a different issue years back and the congressperson involved was very responsive and did help, but she is a known immigration advocate (Grace Meng). I have heard of many cases where it helps but also some people with fairly anti immigrant congresspeople who get little help so I think it partly depends on your luck of the draw.

I had a different issue years back and the congressperson involved was very responsive and did help, but she is a known immigration advocate (Grace Meng). I have heard of many cases where it helps but also some people with fairly anti immigrant congresspeople who get little help so I think it partly depends on your luck of the draw.

Thank you. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I’ve got a question regarding the medical exam. In average how much you have spent guys? I have few shots from my childhood. But they are also checking overall health condition as I understood, right? So what is approximate cost for that. I live in Chicago.

Please see my previous responses to you on this issue (I'm actually pulling them down below in this post for easier reference for you):

I went through this same process a couple of years back, I know precisely what is at stake. This is the reason why people like @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ, @Xarthisius and myself stayed back several years later to provide the ongoing support to help new selectees successfully navigate the process, which is a lot more than we found or got when we went through the process. I appreciate it a lot more when people are not asking me the same question over and over again (because they want me to say or write a specific thing), when they calm down, digest and make use of the information that's already been provided for free as against trying to remind me of what this opportunity means for them. That, I don't appreciate.
Got it, forgive me :) Again thank you for all the work you and the others do!

Thank you so much for the answers!

We filled the DS 260 for my spouse too and sent it. When should I pay the 330 USD DV Fee if she will do FTJ?, should I sent a 660 Cashiers check for the both of us inmediately?

Thanks again