• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi everyone.
I have read some news on social media about dismissing trump's public charge rule and read the threads here. Does it mean that we no longer need to fill out the I-944 form and send the required documents? If so what documents are no longer needed to be sent with the package?
Sorry if it seems like a trivial question, I feel lost.

Hi everyone! Will I be sending an AOC package in mid-March, do I need to fill out Form I-944 or not? It was not officially canceled, it turns out that you need to fill out?

Third paragraph of this post already clarified the I-944 requirement as of now. Until USCIS comes out with a statement, consider it required, if you don’t want to run into the possibility of your package being treated as incomplete due to none inclusion of the I-944 in the package and subsequently rejected.

Hi everyone.
I have read some news on social media about dismissing trump's public charge rule and read the threads here. Does it mean that we no longer need to fill out the I-944 form and send the required documents? If so what documents are no longer needed to be sent with the package?
Sorry if it seems like a trivial question, I feel lost.

Third paragraph of this post already clarified the I-944 requirement as of now. Until USCIS comes out with a statement, consider it required. The AOS process spreadsheet will be updated once the I-944 is formally declared no longer required.

I'm trying to fill the DS-260 online. it asking me to enter "Electronic Diversity Visa Confirmation Number" I never applied before and don't know this number, this is not the case number. I made the DV letter payment on Feb 24 but didn't receive the receipts yet? where I can get the Electronic Diversity Visa Confirmation Number?

I'm trying to fill the DS-260 online. it asking me to enter "Electronic Diversity Visa Confirmation Number" I never applied before and don't know this number, this is not the case number. I made the DV letter payment on Feb 24 but didn't receive the receipts yet? where I can get the Electronic Diversity Visa Confirmation Number?

It's the number you got after entering the DV, that you used to check your status.

I sent the DV payment fees on Feb 24 but still see that the package in transit. I’m worried that this will delay my application. Still my number is not current AS16500. Which expect will be current on April

You sent your AOS package without knowing for sure when your number will be current? It will be rejected I think. In April the cut off number for your region is 9000. So you have to wait.

You sent your AOS package without knowing for sure when your number will be current? It will be rejected I think. In April the cut off number for your region is 9000. So you have to wait.
My reading of that post was that he said he paid the fee, not that he sent the AOS package. I read the post as he was worried he would not get the fee receipt in time to send his AOS as soon as he wants, presumably when April VB is published. (Or she). Possibly I misunderstood

My reading of that post was that he said he paid the fee, not that he sent the AOS package. I read the post as he was worried he would not get the fee receipt in time to send his AOS as soon as he wants. (Or she). Possibly I misunderstood

Ah, you are absolutely right, Susie. I misread their post. Thank you for clarifying.

No, I did not sent the AOS yet. I mean I sent the DV Payment $330 but did not get the receipt!

Sorry I mean I did not apply for AOS or the DS-260 online. Where I can get my Electronic Diversity Visa Confirmation Number?
That is the number they gave you when you filed the application to enter the lottery, it's the same one you then used last June to check if you had been selected

According to the DHS Statement on Litigation Related to the Public Charge Ground of Inadmissibility, the requirements to include the I-944 with any I-485 filed as of now is still in play:

“Once the previously entered judicial invalidation of the 2019 Rule becomes final..." - meaning the decision is currently not “final”

"DHS and USCIS will provide additional updates regarding the administration of the public charge ground of inadmissibility, including announcing when DHS will cease applying the 2019 Rule." - meaning USCIS’s website will be updated to reflect the change when the I-944 submission is no longer required. Until then, this requirement is to be viewed as business as usual.
Thank you for the clarification. Any idea how long would it take for the 2019 rule to become final?

The lawyers said I can go ahead with the AOS and mentioned prior litigation that did not favor the defendant but outlined how a technical exception can be granted.

Having the following as the approval condition "The applicant filed an application to extend or change nonimmigrant status that was meritorious in fact, not frivolous or fraudulent, .." means that the technical exception would not be granted if the asylum case is found to have no merit? In the event of no merit (exception being when found not frivolous or fraudulent), for example, that the asylum upon review is denied will that automatically mean that our DV case gets also denied? I understand this may be the IOs decision but I am trying to understand how the reasoning works.

Honestly the DS-260 is too complex!!! But I see in the selection letter that is required "
All DV applicants must use the online DS-260 Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application" The question, Should I complete the DS-260 is't that make it easier to track the DV payment process and 2nd letter

Honestly the DS-260 is too complex!!! But I see in the selection letter that is required "
All DV applicants must use the online DS-260 Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application"

The DS-260 is NOT required if you're doing AOS. There may be some advantages to doing it, but it's not officially a part of the process for AOS.

The lawyers said I can go ahead with the AOS and mentioned prior litigation that did not favor the defendant but outlined how a technical exception can be granted.

Having the following as the approval condition "The applicant filed an application to extend or change nonimmigrant status that was meritorious in fact, not frivolous or fraudulent, .." means that the technical exception would not be granted if the asylum case is found to have no merit? In the event of no merit (exception being when found not frivolous or fraudulent), for example, that the asylum upon review is denied will that automatically mean that our DV case gets also denied? I understand this may be the IOs decision but I am trying to understand how the reasoning works.

1. Most likely, yes.
2. Most likely, yes.