• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

No. I think the person who had the same issue called an agent and asked them to do submit it.
I have tried "I485-Family Based Adjustment". The inquiry went through. It was in early February. I have never heard back from them since then. (Also a Bostonian Dec Filer here)

Hi everyone,

I found out too late that interviews were happening in the U.S. for people doing AOS. I thought the ban applied to both AOS and consular processing. My number has been current for a couple of months now. I have started my application but I haven't sent my documents to the lockbox yet. Is it too late for AOS? Would you advise waiting for March 31st and going to my home country to process through the embassy?

Hi everyone,

I found out too late that interviews were happening in the U.S. for people doing AOS. I thought the ban applied to both AOS and consular processing. My number has been current for a couple of months now. I have started my application but I haven't sent my documents to the lockbox yet. Is it too late for AOS? Would you advise waiting for March 31st and going to my home country to process through the embassy?

No, I don't think it's too late.

I have tried "I485-Family Based Adjustment". The inquiry went through. It was in early February. I have never heard back from them since then. (Also a Bostonian Dec Filer here)

Exactly. I think they won't get back to me if I try another option. How long did you wait for your biometrics appointment? (If you got one)

I am sending DV fee.

To just make sure,

I send the mail to US Department of State Diversity Visa Program to Missouri.

I will send a cashier check.

Is the name on check US Department of State or US Department of State Diversity Visa Program?

Where exactly should I note my Case number. Back of check? A new blank paper?

Some people get the receipt via email. Where should I write my email?

Thank you guys.

Hi everyone,

1. What is your current status and when does it expire?
2. Did you already submit the DS260 to KCC? If yes, which option did you select?

I am sending DV fee.

To just make sure,

I send the mail to US Department of State Diversity Visa Program to Missouri.

I will send a cashier check.

Is the name on check US Department of State or US Department of State Diversity Visa Program?

Where exactly should I note my Case number. Back of check? A new blank paper?

Some people get the receipt via email. Where should I write my email?

Thank you guys.

1. U.S. Department of State
2. Write it on the bank
3. There’s no section for listing an email address on the payment form. (You do know you have to include the payment form and a SASE with the payment, right?)

1. U.S. Department of State
2. Write it on the bank
3. There’s no section for listing an email address on the payment form. (You do know you have to include the payment form and a SASE with the payment, right?)
Yes I know that part thanks to your spreadsheet. :)

Hey Mom,
So I sent my package and USPS put it in a box, instead of a big envelope.
Is it going to be a problem at the Chicago lockbox ?

So I just read that the Biden administration asked the Supreme Court to dismiss all the appeals about the public charge rule. How will this affect us? I am assuming no more I944 but then will we have to show any financial evidence or sponsor?

So I just read that the Biden administration asked the Supreme Court to dismiss all the appeals about the public charge rule. How will this affect us? I am assuming no more I944 but then will we have to show any financial evidence or sponsor?

Do you mean "dismiss all appeals" as in dismissing all cases of people who have appealed after they have been denied a visa because of the public charge rule? Because if that's what you read then, at least for now, it should not affect people with pending applications I think.

You need to distinguish between "the (trump) public charge rule" and "public charge" as a principle. Public charge always has been and always will be an issue to address for immigrants. Getting rid of the specific way in which Trump implemented it does not change the underlying fact that you have to demonstrate you will not be a public charge, whichever way that is - individuals have different circumstances so show different things.

Do you mean "dismiss all appeals" as in dismissing all cases of people who have appealed after they have been denied a visa because of the public charge rule? Because if that's what you read then, at least for now, it should not affect people with pending applications I think.
My application is not pending yet, I am still holding blind faith that I will get to do consular processing but just in case; I just read the lawyers said on Twitter that it was great news if the rule goes away but I don't quite understand what that means for us

You need to distinguish between "the (trump) public charge rule" and "public charge" as a principle. Public charge always has been and always will be an issue to address for immigrants. Getting rid of the specific way in which Trump implemented it does not change the underlying fact that you have to demonstrate you will not be a public charge, whichever way that is - individuals have different circumstances so show different things.
There's where I get confused, I am not sure what the difference will be (practically speaking) because I have been trying to find the difference since I read the tweets, but for the life of me I have not been able to figure it out :confused:

There's where I get confused, I am not sure what the difference will be (practically speaking) because I have been trying to find the difference since I read the tweets, but for the life of me I have not been able to figure it out :confused:
The only practical difference is that you do not "have" to present x, y and z as evidence, but of course the more you can present for your case the better.

Hello Everyone,
I have a question about DV 2021 and an asylum case. I was interviewed for an asylum application (submitted in 2014) in 2017 but never heard a decision. My nonimmigrant status lapsed May 2020 while awaiting the decision. My spouse won the DV 2021 and is submitting AOS. We were hoping, after a brief consultation with lawyers, that we would qualify for a technical exception as the pending decision was/is not in our control. The asylum was submitted on a timely basis and we have never worked unauthorized. BUT since our nonimmigrant status (F1) expired we are currently not in legal status. Will this be a reason for disqualification even when the asylum decision is pending after the interview?

My case number 2021AF12*** became current this month (March 2121) and it was delivered to Chicago loc box on Mar 2nd. Have not yet received an email/text about acceptance.

I think as long as i944 form is removed from aos applications, we are good. Public charge has always been there but not i944. Let's hope they get rid of the i944 from.