• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

The FO typically does not send out the bio notice, this is done by the NBC regardless of the FO with jurisdiction over the application. Yours and a few others from Nov seem to be stuck in NBC’s backlog. Have you tried using the e-request to initiate a case follow up inquiry?

I have not. All I did was speaking with a tier 2 agent who told me to just wait. I'll do what you said, though. Thank you, Mom!

The FO typically does not send out the bio notice, this is done by the NBC regardless of the FO with jurisdiction over the application. Yours and a few others from Nov seem to be stuck in NBC’s backlog. Have you tried using the e-request to initiate a case follow up inquiry?
So, I tried using the "Case outside normal processing time" but I can't submit it because technically it's not. Should I use the "Did not receive notice by mail" option? Thank you.

I think this happened to someone else before because I read a comment about it. When I click submit, it says that the subtype "other" doesn't work but there is no option for DV-based I485.

Will it let you submit without a selection in the subtype section?

Just wondering, did anybody, who have already got biometrics, file an EAD application with the I-485 form? Perhaps my biometrics was stuck due to my EAD application along with other EAD applications from H4/L2 petitioners. Sm1smom does that make any sense?

Just wondering, did anybody, who have already got biometrics, file an EAD application with the I-485 form? Perhaps my biometrics was stuck due to my EAD application along with other EAD applications from H4/L2 petitioners. Sm1smom does that make any sense?

I'm interested in this as well because my lawyer also filed an EAD application with my I485 and I'm waiting for biometrics like you.

I'm interested in this as well because my lawyer also filed an EAD application with my I485 and I'm waiting for biometrics like you.

My impression is that the majority of EAD applications are actually filed by spouse or other family visa applicants. Be that as it may - I’ve seen many reports recently of 6-8 months or longer waiting times for EADs currently so I think chances of getting those before a green card are fairly low for DV applicants. Anyway mom may correct me but I don’t think bio waiting time depends on what you filed for. Pre pandemic, bio waiting times were usually 3-6 weeks after receipt no matter what was being filed for (i485, i765, replacement green card, i131, naturalization, whatever was filed, they all seemed to be about the same amount of time after filing.

My impression is that the majority of EAD applications are actually filed by spouse or other family visa applicants. Be that as it may - I’ve seen many reports recently of 6-8 months or longer waiting times for EADs currently so I think chances of getting those before a green card are fairly low for DV applicants. Anyway mom may correct me but I don’t think bio waiting time depends on what you filed for. Pre pandemic, bio waiting times were usually 3-6 weeks after receipt no matter what was being filed for (i485, i765, replacement green card, i131, naturalization, whatever was filed, they all seemed to be about the same amount of time after filing.

Thank you, Susie. Yeah, I don't think I will get the EAD card before the GC so it will be useless by then. I do hope that is not affecting my processing time though because it's been almost 3 months since I filed my case and still no biometrics notice.

@Sm1smom I am slowly filling out the i-485. I want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

my question is about Part 8, Question 25, 26, 27.

I choose 25 and 27 as YES because of my traffic violations (red lights, speed, etc).

I am not sure about Q 26. Is it also YES because I choose 25 and 27 as YES?

Thank you.

(I am searching questions related to the form in this forum before asking here. If you answer someone before, I use that info. I did not see a clear answer to Q.26)

If this can be of help I did file an EAD application together with the I-485 and I received the bio letter 10 weeks after my submission.

I don’t think the bio delay is related to your EAD application.

@Sm1smom I am slowly filling out the i-485. I want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

I choose 25 and 27 as YES because of my traffic violations (red lights, speed, etc).

Thank you.

(I am searching questions related to the form in this forum before asking here. If you answer someone before, I use that info. I did not see a clear answer to Q.26)

Thank you.

IMO, the applicable answer to 26 would be a YES, if answering YES to 25 & 27

What is your lawyer saying about the pending bio appointment? He/she is not providing follow-up guidance?

I will talk to her again on Monday. The last time we spoke about biometrics in early February she told me to wait because the usual wait time is 5-8 weeks, but with the backlog it can be longer. Now it's almost been 12 weeks so I will ask again. I can explain to her that other cases in Boston are not stuck like mine and see what she thinks I should do.