• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

the 130k or whatever selectee number they mention does include derivatives, even though that is not very clear from the way they state it. But 130k in a normal year is still too much. This year, with half of it lost to CP interviews, it may be ok. Hard to tell because of the lawsuits.

It depends on when you interview, not when you file. As i said (in two recent posts above) they cannot reserve visa numbers in advance for AOS. The IO will request a visa number (i looked up the system, it is called IVAMS-web) at or after your interview.

Thank you, Susie. Now, I understand.

The IO isn't necessarily contacting KCC to confirm visa availability or request for one. They log into a central system known as Immigrant Visa Allocation Management System (IVAMSWEB) to retrieve the visa number once an approval decision has been made. The Early Filing Memo which most of you are familiar with describes the visa allocation process.

Additional read on IVAMSWEB for anyone interested in learning more about the system.

Thank you for the link, Mom!

the 130k or whatever selectee number they mention does include derivatives, even though that is not very clear from the way they state it. But 130k in a normal year is still too much. This year, with half of it lost to CP interviews, it may be ok. Hard to tell because of the lawsuits.

It depends on when you interview, not when you file. As i said (in two recent posts above) they cannot reserve visa numbers in advance for AOS. The IO will request a visa number (i looked up the system, it is called IVAMS-web) at or after your interview.
Dang! Let's hope this is not an issue this year given the circumstances because I think it has been eventful enough as it is

Hi everyone,

I got a call from USCIS tier 2 agent, they did not make bio schedule for me, then I ask to talk to another tier 2 agent, they said "tier 3 agent" will give me a call within 7-10days, my question is what is " tier 3 agent"? did anyone have experience with tier 3 agent ?

Thanks Have a nice weekend

Hi everyone,

I got a call from USCIS tier 2 agent, they did not make bio schedule for me, then I ask to talk to another tier 2 agent, they said "tier 3 agent" will give me a call within 7-10days, my question is what is " tier 3 agent"? did anyone have experience with tier 3 agent ?

Thanks Have a nice weekend

The tier 2 agent also did not schedule a bio appointment for me. But I haven't heard of tier 3 agents. It's not even on their website in the section about assistance:

"Tier 1 – Tier 1 is the first level of live assistance. Tier 1 staff members, who are contract employees, provide basic case-specific and general non-case-specific information. These responses follow a formatted script.

Tier 2 – If Tier 1 is unable to completely resolve an inquiry, the call may be transferred to the Tier 2 level of live assistance to be answered by a USCIS officer."

I just receive my certified translated high school diploma. Should I also attach a copy of the original diploma, which is not in English, with it when I send my whole package to the USCIS?

I am expecting a major increase in VB this month as embassies start processing the cases in the world. It's just my feeling. I hope I am not disappointed :)

I am expecting a major increase in VB this month as embassies start processing the cases in the world. It's just my feeling. I hope I am not disappointed :)
I think so too. We only have 6 months before the end of the FY so I hope USCIS will also expedite some cases. It's taking forever to get a biometrics appointment.

Hi all,

I have a question regarding marriage after DV selection.
So I was planning to get married last year with my boyfriend who is on F1 OPT STEM. We have been together for almost 5 years now. However we have been postponing it because of the pandemic since we assume that 2021 would be so much better with the vaccination rolling out. If we get married now, is it too late? Will our relationship be scrutinize later during the interview?
My CN is on the high side though AS21***

CN: 2021EU6**
09/13/2020 DS-260 filled
09/15/2020 DV fee payment sent
10/07/2020 DV fee check cashed
12/11/2020 AOS package sent
12/16/2020 AOS package delivered
01/13/2021 I-797 NOA received with receipt numbers
02/10/2021 Biometric invitation received
02/13/2021 Interview invitation received
02/24/2021 Biometric appointment
02/26/2021 Interview appointment
03/01/2021 Case approved
03/04/2021 Welcome letter received
03/05/2121 Green Cards received

I was delayed with AOS package sent as waited for DV payment receipt. Total cost with fee, translations and photos is $5722 for 2 adult and 1 child.
Interview was in Boston office, in the same day with @zeroboy, and exactly as he described in post #2156

Hi all,

I have a question regarding marriage after DV selection.
So I was planning to get married last year with my boyfriend who is on F1 OPT STEM. We have been together for almost 5 years now. However we have been postponing it because of the pandemic since we assume that 2021 would be so much better with the vaccination rolling out. If we get married now, is it too late? Will our relationship be scrutinize later during the interview?
My CN is on the high side though AS21***

Marriage scrutiny is normal and should be expected for a selectee who gets married after their DV selectee. The most important thing is to be able to demonstrate the marriage isn’t a GC based marriage. If you guys have been together for about 5 years, you should be able to demonstrate your marriage is genuine.

I received my I-797C today in the mail. However, there is a typo in my first name (CHUN instead of CHU, an extra N at the end).

I'm pretty sure this is an administrative error. I keep copies of all the forms (I-485, I-693, and I-944) I sent, and none of it has the typo.

I attempted to submit an eRequest to correct the typographic error. However, an error popped up after I submitted and said "the receipt number is not compatible with the type of form (I-485) and the subtype of the form (Other) selected".

Question: Is calling USCIS the only way to correct this error now? Or should I expect this error can be fixed either during biometrics or interview?

Thank you!

CN: 2021EU6**
09/13/2020 DS-260 filled
09/15/2020 DV fee payment sent
10/07/2020 DV fee check cashed
12/11/2020 AOS package sent
12/16/2020 AOS package delivered
01/13/2021 I-797 NOA received with receipt numbers
02/10/2021 Biometric invitation received
02/13/2021 Interview invitation received
02/24/2021 Biometric appointment
02/26/2021 Interview appointment
03/01/2021 Case approved
03/04/2021 Welcome letter received
03/05/2121 Green Cards received

I was delayed with AOS package sent as waited for DV payment receipt. Total cost with fee, translations and photos is $5722 for 2 adult and 1 child.
Interview was in Boston office, in the same day with @zeroboy, and exactly as he described in post #2156

Great timeline! Congratulations! I'm in Boston too and I don't know why it's taking forever to get a biometrics app notice. My package was delivered 12/17 and I got my NOA 1/13 like you.

Bear in mind the embassies will not only already be processing all the DV numbers from the first half of the fiscal year at once but also will start processing all the immigrant visa cases backlogged from Covid and the Trump ban. I saw a report that cases awaiting interview at NVC was around 475k in January from around just 75k same time last year (the numbers are from memory so they won’t be exact but they’re ballpark). And many/most embassies are still operating at reduced capacity. So if there is a major increase in the VB this month I for one would regard it as a pleasant surprise.

What could be the reason why other cases filed in December in Boston (where I am) have received biometrics a month ago but I haven't? I'm just trying to understand if it's just random or I should do something.

I received my I-797C today in the mail. However, there is a typo in my first name (CHUN instead of CHU, an extra N at the end).

I'm pretty sure this is an administrative error. I keep copies of all the forms (I-485, I-693, and I-944) I sent, and none of it has the typo.

I attempted to submit an eRequest to correct the typographic error. However, an error popped up after I submitted and said "the receipt number is not compatible with the type of form (I-485) and the subtype of the form (Other) selected".

Question: Is calling USCIS the only way to correct this error now? Or should I expect this error can be fixed either during biometrics or interview?

Thank you!

The error can be fixed during the interview.

What could be the reason why other cases filed in December in Boston (where I am) have received biometrics a month ago but I haven't? I'm just trying to understand if it's just random or I should do something.

The FO typically does not send out the bio notice, this is done by the NBC regardless of the FO with jurisdiction over the application. Yours and a few others from Nov seem to be stuck in NBC’s backlog. Have you tried using the e-request to initiate a case follow up inquiry?