• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi everyone!
I am filing for AOS along with my spouse. I am the winner of the DV lottery. I am required to submit evidence that my derivative applicant was originally included in the DV lottery entry (if applicable). Would this be the 1NL? Though in the 1NL the only name shown is mine so that does not seem to prove it to me.
Thanks!!!

No, not the 1NL. The applicable evidence will be a copy of the actual eEntry you filled out for the lottery. Majority of selectees do not have this, not including this evidence hasn’t been a problem in the past so you don’t have to worry about it. Your KCC will contain a copy of it when it gets sent to your FO.

Hi mom,

As the public Charge final rule is gone, will the filing of I-134 by a citizen on behalf of the DV application be beneficial or required in considering the AOS package?
Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
No, not the 1NL. The applicable evidence will be a copy of the actual eEntry you filled out for the lottery. Majority of selectees do not have this, not including this evidence hasn’t been a problem in the past so you don’t have to worry about it. Your KCC will contain a copy of it when it gets sent to your FO.
Thank you so much! One more thing I wanted to clarify. Now that the i-944 is gone, do I need to submit anything for the public charge? Banks statements or taxes or w-2? I think the i-944 was the only thing I needed to fill out.

Thanks!!

Tier 2 agent called me today. I said I still did not get an interview letter and he said it's too soon people are waiting for 2 years to get that. I said I am a DV selectee. He did not know what that is I tried to explain. Then he understood the situation and said my file is in NBC and he will contact them to say I am a DV selectee but he said he doesn't know what that is and he doesn't know if I am telling the truth about the timeline etc. and he said someone from NBC will call me in 2 weeks.

Do we get the interview letter after NBC sends our cases to FO? What should I tell to NBC? They usually don't schedule interviews, right? Thanks.

My case was updated to “expedite request received”. Let’s see what happens.

So I did CP not AoS, but we had to get updated computer printed versions of our old handwritten certificates, and if you can do that I’d suggest you do. (This is not directly answering your question I know)
Thanks for your advice. It might be really hard to get new version of it , being within USA

Hi mom,

As the public Charge final rule is gone, will the filing of I-134 by a citizen on behalf of the DV application be beneficial or required in considering the AOS package?
Thank you for your time.

Yes you still have to demonstrate you’re unlikely to become a public charge. An I-134 (with the applicable supporting documents) from a USC or LPR is one of the ways to demonstrate that.

Thank you so much! One more thing I wanted to clarify. Now that the i-944 is gone, do I need to submit anything for the public charge? Banks statements or taxes or w-2? I think the i-944 was the only thing I needed to fill out.

Thanks!!

Yes, you’re still required to demonstrate you’re unlikely to become a public. Please see the “Evidence of Financial Support” section of the “AOS Package” tab on the AOS process spreadsheet.

Thanks for your advice. It might be really hard to get new version of it , being within USA

Is the version you have a long form b/c? Was it issued by the authority noted on the DHS’s Reciprocity page? Or does the Reciprocity page indicate it is hard/difficulty to get the long form b/c? If what you have is contrary to what is required, you’re setting yourself up for your case being put an unnecessary AP until you present what is required. So you might want to seriously think about if you want to take your chances with AP or overcoming the hardship of getting a replacement b/c ahead of time.

Dear Sm1smom,

The link regarding the birth certificates (immihelp.com/birth-certificate-for-us-immigration-and-visas/) in AOS Spreadsheet contains an information which seems conflicting with what is written on Department of State webpage on Visa Reciprocity for Turkey.

Basically the first link says birth certificates given by Consulates are not acceptable, but the second link says that the birth certificate for Turkey can be obtained from Consulates. Am I missing something?

Dear Sm1smom,

The link regarding the birth certificates (immihelp.com/birth-certificate-for-us-immigration-and-visas/) in AOS Spreadsheet contains an information which seems conflicting with what is written on Department of State webpage on Visa Reciprocity for Turkey.

Basically the first link says birth certificates given by Consulates are not acceptable, but the second link says that the birth certificate for Turkey can be obtained from Consulates. Am I missing something?
In the first link, it says the embassy makes the birth certificate just based on the passport info but it is not true in our case because they make a certified translation of the birth certificate (vukuatli nufus kayit ornegi in Turkish) they get from "e-devlet." When I was getting it from the embassy I said I will use it for green card application and they said the birth certificate they give is usually accepted and they didn't hear any problem.

Dear Sm1smom,

Immihelp is just a private website. Dept of State reciprocity website is the official page and what they will use to determine whether or not a document is acceptable.

Is the version you have a long form b/c? Was it issued by the authority noted on the DHS’s Reciprocity page? Or does the Reciprocity page indicate it is hard/difficulty to get the long form b/c? If what you have is contrary to what is required, you’re setting yourself up for your case being put an unnecessary AP until you present what is required. So you might want to seriously think about if you want to take your chances with AP or overcoming the hardship of getting a replacement b/c ahead of time.
Agree if reciprocity website states it is available you should get a copy. Check whether you can get it via an embassy/consulate here, or is there a friend or family member who can apply in your home country and send it to you? Even if it is long form my concern would be about the handwritten /extra markings on it. I personally would prefer to have a copy about which there is no questions.

Dear Sm1smom,

In the first link, it says the embassy makes the birth certificate just based on the passport info but it is not true in our case because they make a certified translation of the birth certificate (vukuatli nufus kayit ornegi in Turkish) they get from "e-devlet." When I was getting it from the embassy I said I will use it for green card application and they said the birth certificate they give is usually accepted and they didn't hear any problem.

Do follow the guidance as provided by the DOS's Reciprocity and Civil Documents by Country.

The IO still needs to be convinced you’re unlikely to become a public charge. You may include 1-3 years of the most current IRS tax transcripts.
Hi Mom,

Can you please clarify what documents we need to include in our package now that the I-944 form is no longer required?

Hi mom,
I did my biometrics more than 3 weeks ago and my case has been stuck to “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview” for 2 weeks.
I assume it’s probably too early to call USCIS for a follow up, but I have a curiosity.

Does this current status means that my case is at my FO, or not yet?

Thank you.

Reactions: TZ&
Hello Mom,

Parts related to public charge are gone from the Spreadsheet which is great (it significantly reduces the level of required documentation and the level of stress). However, information about the form I-944 in the "AOS Process" tab of the Spreadsheet is still available. Shouldn't that be removed as well?

Thank you,

Hi Mom,

My situation is that I need to renew my contract with my employer and I cannot sign the contract unless I get green card. My employer suggests sending a request to Indiana congressman to speed up the process. In our case the interview went well in my view (we were asked about i-485, the prove of our marriage, about taxes). Interview was on Feb 23, and biometrics is scheduled on Mar 22, so in the USCIS online account the latest update in Nov 6 that they received fingerprint fee, however we already had interview and we received biometrics appointments letter about a week ago (reflected in timeline).

So, I wanted to ask, if you suggest contacting congressman right now or wait after biometrics on Mar 22? My employer is from university, and says that he contacted them several times in the situations like this. It is crucial for my future employment to receive green card as soon as possible.

Thank you very much!

Hello,
Are applicants eligible for AOS during their H-1B Cap Gap extension? (F-1 OPT expires, awaiting H-1B to officially begin Oct 01)
I am not able to confirm whether F-1 to H-1B's Cap Gap extension is considered as a valid status or out of status.

Hi mom,
I did my biometrics more than 3 weeks ago and my case has been stuck to “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview” for 2 weeks.
I assume it’s probably too early to call USCIS for a follow up, but I have a curiosity.

Does this current status means that my case is at my FO, or not yet?

Thank you.

It probably is. I wouldn't recommend reading much meaning to the status update, some do not see that update.