• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

The IO still needs to be convinced you’re unlikely to become a public charge. You may include 1-3 years of the most current IRS tax transcripts.
I filed my 2019 taxes but the IRS still has not processed them (although they did deposit my check). Still trying to figure it out with them.

In the event that I cannot provide my 2019 tax transcripts, can I just use my 2017, 2018, and 2020 taxes?

*Update*
As per the USCIS website, after 11 days of the interview, my status changed to "New Card is Being Produced". Two days after that, the status changed to "Case Was Approved"!

Thank you @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ for the great effort and all the help you provided to us. You are truly the best! We could not have done this without you. I followed your exact instructions and there was absolutely nothing missing in my package. Everything Mom says ALWAYS turns out to be accurate!

Best of luck to everybody!

Fantastic update. Congratulations.

I filed my 2019 taxes but the IRS still has not processed them (although they did deposit my check). Still trying to figure it out with them.

In the event that I cannot provide my 2019 tax transcripts, can I just use my 2017, 2018, and 2020 taxes?

Yes you can still file with those.

Hi Sm1smom, I am about to change from a CP to AOS application and would like to inquire if filing form I-765 and I-131 could possibly delay my application? Are these separate applications from my I-485 Green Card visa application?

Additionally for the bank statements needed in my AOS package and to accompany form I-485; what are the requirements for these? I am having a hard time understanding what the bank statements need to show and if I can black out certain details of these statements (such as my account number). Are they even needed if I am able to supply everything else; pay checks, W-2's, IRS tax transcripts, employment verification letter and possibly form I-134? Thank you

Hi Sm1smom, I am about to change from a CP to AOS application and would like to inquire if filing form I-765 and I-131 could possibly delay my application? Are these separate applications from my I-485 Green Card visa application?

Additionally for the bank statements needed in my AOS package and to accompany form I-485; what are the requirements for these? I am having a hard time understanding what the bank statements need to show and if I can black out certain details of these statements (such as my account number). Are they even needed if I am able to supply everything else; pay checks, W-2's, IRS tax transcripts, employment verification letter and possibly form I-134? Thank you

Forms I765 and I131 serve a different purpose from the I485 - they however are free if applying for those with the I-485, or after receiving the NOA for the I-485. Please take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet for more details as to what those forms are used for and the pros/cons of using them. The NBC processes those two forms, the FO processes the I-485 (more details on this also on the AOS process spreadsheet)

An upfront disclosure with regards to those two forms: they tend to be useless for majority of those applying for DV based AOS - the I-485 tends to get approved at about the same time as the I-765 and/or I-131 since DV based AOS applications are fast-tracked.

You have the option of deciding on whichever document you wish to include with your AOS package to demonstrate financial stability.

It’s a necessary but not sufficient condition basically - you’d need a comprehensive package to be approved without interview, but being approved without interview may not occur regardless of how comprehensive your package is. we always see some approvals without interview but we saw a lot more than usual last year - I think consensus here chalked that up to them trying to move cases as fast as they could after the post Covid reopen/dealing with the backlog while being aware of the DV deadline.

Thank you for the detailed answer, Susie.

Hi Sm1smom,

Do you think colored copies of the documents like birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc. would be preferable to plain black and white copies?

Hi Sm1smom,

Do you think colored copies of the documents like birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc. would be preferable to plain black and white copies?

There’s no preference. The documents just need to be clear and legible.

Hello everyone, I hope you guys are doing well. I have some questions and I would appreciate any help here

1) I have heard that when you file for taxes you are supposed to get a transcript. During Summer 2020 I filed for form 8843 from 2016-2019 altogether and I haven't received any transcript. The only thing I have is my own receipt which I included in the AOS application. Am I supposed to get a transcript from IRS for 8843 or is the 8843 form not considered "tax form"?

2) I have decided to contact USCIS and ask for tier 2 to get my bio rolling because it's been 2 months now since I filed for AOS. I was just wondering if contacting tier 2 is actually worth it? Like once you get in touch with them do they actually help to book an appointment or make the process any faster? Because I have seen people here struggling to contact tier 2 and after a long wait they're told they have to wait so I just want to know if it's worth the struggle or not. Also for that do I contact the field office in my area??

Thank you guys for the help and congrats on all of us for the Trump public charge rule drop!!

Hello everyone, I hope you guys are doing well. I have some questions and I would appreciate any help here

1) I have heard that when you file for taxes you are supposed to get a transcript. During Summer 2020 I filed for form 8843 from 2016-2019 altogether and I haven't received any transcript. The only thing I have is my own receipt which I included in the AOS application. Am I supposed to get a transcript from IRS for 8843 or is the 8843 form not considered "tax form"?

2) I have decided to contact USCIS and ask for tier 2 to get my bio rolling because it's been 2 months now since I filed for AOS. I was just wondering if contacting tier 2 is actually worth it? Like once you get in touch with them do they actually help to book an appointment or make the process any faster? Because I have seen people here struggling to contact tier 2 and after a long wait they're told they have to wait so I just want to know if it's worth the struggle or not. Also for that do I contact the field office in my area??

Thank you guys for the help and congrats on all of us for the Trump public charge rule drop!!
1. You have to download or ask them to send a transcript. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
(i don’t know what your form is or what that answer is but wanted to clarify where you make it sound like you should get a transcript automatically, that’s not the case)

Apart from the fact that anyone who has filed an income tax does not automatically get the IRS tax transcript sent to them, you actually did not file for taxes. All you did with the 8843 was submit an informational statement to the US government as a non-resident alien.

It means you are not required by law to have someone file an I134 or I864 for you as most other adjustment categories do. You still need to overcome public charge concerns as a DV immigrant. You can leave financial evidence out of your packet and present at interview if you prefer, but then that probably undercuts any chance you have of being approved without interview. We saw many applicants last year approved without interview but it does require you to frontload your package by supplying all the evidence they might possibly need to make a decision.
Thank you for sharing this information. Can I still have someone sponsor me to increase my chances of getting approved without an interview?

Thank you for sharing this information. Can I still have someone sponsor me to increase my chances of getting approved without an interview?
It will improve your chances of getting approved, full stop. As mom alread outlined, chances of getting approved without interview depend on a number of factors, some of which have nothing to do with the applications themselves.

Is the version you have a long form b/c? Was it issued by the authority noted on the DHS’s Reciprocity page? Or does the Reciprocity page indicate it is hard/difficulty to get the long form b/c? If what you have is contrary to what is required, you’re setting yourself up for your case being put an unnecessary AP until you present what is required. So you might want to seriously think about if you want to take your chances with AP or overcoming the hardship of getting a replacement b/c ahead of time.
Thank you Mom. Yes, my old birth certificate isn't good according DHS's Reciprocity page. I have contacted Ukrainian embassy in New York. They said there is two options: 1. To visit embassy personally for making power of attorney for person in Ukraine you trust, so he or she will be able to obtain my birth certificate for me and send it to me. 2. To visit local American notary public and make power of attorney, then to APOSTILE it at the Secretary of State office and then send it to the trusted person.
I will try second option, because it is pretty good expensive long round trip from Arkansas to New York

Thank you Mom. Yes, my old birth certificate isn't good according DHS's Reciprocity page. I have contacted Ukrainian embassy in New York. They said there is two options: 1. To visit embassy personally for making power of attorney for person in Ukraine you trust, so he or she will be able to obtain my birth certificate for me and send it to me. 2. To visit local American notary public and make power of attorney, then to APOSTILE it at the Secretary of State office and then send it to the trusted person.
I will try second option, because it is pretty good expensive long round trip from Arkansas to New York
I've forgotten that one more option was mentioned, to obtain birth certificate in the Ukrainian embassy, waiting time 6-8 mounts. So power of attorney would be the quickest option.

You better get going in that case, and it is a good thing you found out about it now as against been told at the end of your interview when you might not have had enough time to get address the situation before the end of the FY.

Hey, guys! New VB is out and looks very promising for high case numbers:
THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN MAY

For May, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2021 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

RegionAll DV Chargeability Areas Except
Those Listed Separately
AFRICA34,000Except: Egypt 17,000
ASIA13,000Except: Iran 6,000
Nepal 5,100
EUROPE18,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 8
OCEANIA1,400
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN