• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi All,

Marriage certificates in Turkey is a booklet in Turkish and French, and it contains translations of every box in the booklet at its last two pages. Do you think including these translation pages will be accepted as a "document with translation" by USCIS? Or Do I need to get the whole booklet translated by a certified translator?

Attached is the copy of one translation page from the booklet.
03112108.png

Hi all,
My CN is current for the month of May (14xxxEU). I’m very confused on the expiration/filing dates for Medical Examination report. Is it too early to get an appointment for March 16th?
I read that it shouldn’t be more than 60 days old when you sent the documents.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone. Special final month AOS discussion here.

As we know that Visa Bulletin for Sept will be posted between July 15th-20th in the list "C".

Q1. If so, can I apply for my AOS during mid-July when my number gets current in list "C" of the DV visa bulletin?
Q2. With the early application, how much is my chance of getting an interview if CN gets current in the last month?

Applying through Dallas.
CN: Asia 8.9k, Nepal

Hi all,
My CN is current for the month of May (14xxxEU). I’m very confused on the expiration/filing dates for Medical Examination report. Is it too early to get an appointment for March 16th?
I read that it shouldn’t be more than 60 days old when you sent the documents.
It depends on when you want to send your package. Yes, the date on the doctor signature must not be more than 60 days old when the application is accepted (it doesn’t count when you sent it).
So make sure to have that signature just few days before you send your application.

It depends on when you want to send your package. Yes, the date on the doctor signature must not be more than 60 days old when the application is accepted (it doesn’t count when you sent it).
So make sure to have that signature just few days before you send your application.
That makes sense, thank you!
Is it possible to send it on April, even though I’m officially current on May? Would it be rejected because I sent it earlier?

Hello Everyone. Special final month AOS discussion here.

As we know that Visa Bulletin for Sept will be posted between July 15th-20th in the list "C".

Q1. If so, can I apply for my AOS during mid-July when my number gets current in list "C" of the DV visa bulletin?
Q2. With the early application, how much is my chance of getting an interview if CN gets current in the last month?

Applying through Dallas.
CN: Asia 8.9k, Nepal

1. You may submit your AOS package any day from when the VB which shows when your CN becomes current comes out if you wish to take advantage of the early filing option.
2. No one can predict “how much” of a chance you have. Evaluation of each application is completely independent - as it depends on several factors such as the applicant’s background history and their ability to clear the background check in a timely manner, the chargeability country, IO’s workload and familiarity with DV based AOS applications, etc. Having said all that, I will also go on record and state we’ve seen several selectees who became current in September successfully complete the process before the end of theFY.

Hi All,

Marriage certificates in Turkey is a booklet in Turkish and French, and it contains translations of every box in the booklet at its last two pages. Do you think including these translation pages will be accepted as a "document with translation" by USCIS? Or Do I need to get the whole booklet translated by a certified translator?

View attachment 2314

Consider translating the relevant section(s) to English.

Hi everyone. I just saw that my number is current for May, and I wondered if I should send my AOS package next week (since I have it prepared) or if I should wait and send it in April? I know there is an early filing option, so I'm interested which option is better.
Also, my medical exam was done more than 60 days ago. Should I do another one, or is sending my current one okay? Has anyone been through something like this before?
Thank you!

If VB for May interview cut offs is posted in March which is 1.5 months ahead notice then we can get the VB which will apply interview in sept during mid-late july.
Aint i right?

when you said “in the list "C" It sounded to me like you thought all numbers would be listed as C and therefore current.
Now that I look at the VB i think you mean Table C. Misinterpreted.

Hi All,

View attachment 2314
Hi, you need to request the translation of your marriage certificate from the nearest Turkish consulate.

So I have officially decided that, although I am going to wait until 90 days have passed since I entered, I am going to do AOS. I am scared out of my mind y'all.

Hello Mom,
I am on H1b visa currently and my case number is AS35xxx
I am planning to go with AoS. Based on May VB cutoff numbers:
1- Can you predict if all numbers will be current in June or July?
2- I didn't fill out the ds260 form, I need your advice here. What is your recommendation regarding the ds260?

Thank you in advance.

Hi mom, last week, USCIS received my application for OPT. My case number will become current in May but I haven't submitted DS260 yet. Do you think submitting DS260 now will have a negative impact on my OPT being approved?

Last edited: