• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I need some advice, please. A week ago, the tier 2 agent did not schedule my biometrics appointment on the phone and told me to keep waiting. I obviously don't want to be the guy who calls every day, but I am worried that it's been 3 months now and even after biometrics I will have to wait again for my interview.

Now that KCC is moving forward with interviews abroad and embassies are reopening, I am worried that there won't be a visa available by the time I finally get an interview as an AOSer. I can't open an e-request online because my case is technically not outside normal processing time. What should I do? Just wait as the agent told me? And for how long before I call again? I know I'm not the only one in this situation. I don't want to lose this opportunity because I failed to act.

I did not know that USCIS doesn't accept handwritten documents even if it's original. Thank you for that information.
Just to clarify, I don’t know if that is official policy, but I am aware of cases where it has happened. In a time sensitive case like this better safe than sorry.

I need some advice, please. A week ago, the tier 2 agent did not schedule my biometrics appointment on the phone and told me to keep waiting. I obviously don't want to be the guy who calls every day, but I am worried that it's been 3 months now and even after biometrics I will have to wait again for my interview.

Now that KCC is moving forward with interviews abroad and embassies are reopening, I am worried that there won't be a visa available by the time I finally get an interview as an AOSer. I can't open an e-request online because my case is technically not outside normal processing time. What should I do? Just wait as the agent told me? And for how long before I call again? I know I'm not the only one in this situation. I don't want to lose this opportunity because I failed to act.
Unfortunately this is one of the drawbacks of AOS. Some FOs batch cases and don’t schedule any DV cases for months then do a bunch at once, others simply have the attitude that as long as the interview is before end FY it’s fine, and some do indeed schedule as soon as they can after they get the file. You can’t “force” an interview as soon as your number is current.

Thank you for your response!
I have one more additional question. Since I'm employed in the US, I will attach my employment verification letter, W2s, and pay stubs. However, do you recommend that I send tax transcripts and bank statements? I know that the public charge rule is out, and we do not need to attach form I-944.
Please see the AOS process spreadsheet.

Hello Mom,

1. Does the sponsor need to provide his copies of the W-2 or 1099 for one recent year or more?
2. I mailed my DV fee yesterday and my CN is current in May and I have not submitted DS260 so far. Taking the risk of early filing rejection can I submit my documents without 2NL and DV payment receipt?
3. When they reject the package do they invalidated the whole document? That needs to be refiled.

Thank you,

Thank you @SusieQQQ . It looks that they need my original birth certificate at the time of my birth cause it has all the information that they are looking for. I will have my mom ship both the original and the new updated format that's currently being used in my country. It's a little risky to ship original documents but I don't have any option. I'm glad you had a great time in Mauritius. It's always a pleasure to hear good things about our small island lol.
They want extracts of birth certificate issued by the Central Civil Status Office according to the reciprocity page, not necessarily “the original birth certificate at the time of your birth”. If the issuing authority is not the same as noted on the reciprocity page, you will be setting yourself up for being put in AP.

Unfortunately this is one of the drawbacks of AOS. Some FOs batch cases and don’t schedule any DV cases for months then do a bunch at once, others simply have the attitude that as long as the interview is before end FY it’s fine, and some do indeed schedule as soon as they can after they get the file. You can’t “force” an interview as soon as your number is current.

Thank you, Susie. So you think I should just keep waiting and hope to receive a biometrics appointment notice soon? Would it be useless to ask to speak to another tier 2 agent?

You can reach out to your Congress person to assist with a congressional inquiry if you like.

Hello Mom,

1. Does the sponsor need to provide his copies of the W-2 or 1099 for one recent year or more?
2. I mailed my DV fee yesterday and my CN is current in May and I have not submitted DS260 so far. Taking the risk of early filing rejection can I submit my documents without 2NL and DV payment receipt?
3. When they reject the package do they invalidated the whole document? That needs to be refiled.

Thank you,
1. One year is fine.
2. You can (if you like) submit without the DV payment receipt being fully aware of the potential risk of the package being denied if you like, it is a risk you’ll have to decide if it is worth taking.
3. The entire package gets sent back if it is rejected, and you’ll need to re-file if you wish to continue.

Do you think it's too early to do that? I know it's a one-time thing so I'm not sure if I should do it now.
I honestly can’t tell you if it is too early to do so or not, you’ll have to decide on that on your own. However, I think you need to compare your timeline to other cases (1) from your FO and (2) who filed around the same time as you to figure out if the delay your case is experiencing is an outlier or there are others in similar situation such as yourself. If you’re an outlier, then you may want to move on to the next step as in congressional inquiry. Like Susie already pointed out above, seemingly prolonged delay is one of the things an AOSer may have to contend with.

We placed this inquiry over a phone, called USCIS and told that we believe that our dv lottery case is outside of our normal processing time. Also ask for a call from Tier 2. In a 5 days they sent email that our case is currently pending interview scheduling. After 3 weeks tier 2 called and when we asked her about bio, she told us that it was scheduled and mail sent to us 10 days ago and we will receive it shortly. In 2 days we received bio letters. Maybe our inquiry draw their attention to our case, Im not sure though.

Another challenge is how to speed up interview scheduling?

We placed this inquiry over a phone, called USCIS and told that we believe that our dv lottery case is outside of our normal processing time. Also ask for a call from Tier 2. In a 5 days they sent email that our case is currently pending interview scheduling. After 3 weeks tier 2 called and when we asked her about bio, she told us that it was scheduled and mail sent to us 10 days ago and we will receive it shortly. In 2 days we received bio letters. Maybe our inquiry draw their attention to our case, Im not sure though.

Another challenge is how to speed up interview scheduling?

Thank you for sharing that. I'm just worried about the biometrics now because until that's done I can't move forward with my case. What I said about the interview was that I know I will have to wait again for a while after my fingerprints are taken. According to the timeline spreadsheet, I am actually not the only person in Boston who is in a similar situation, so my case is not an outlier at this time. But I don't know what would happen if I request to speak to another tier 2 agent after a week.

I honestly can’t tell you if it is too early to do so or not, you’ll have to decide on that on your own. However, I think you need to compare your timeline to other cases (1) from your FO and (2) who filed around the same time as you to figure out if the delay your case is experiencing is an outlier or there are others in similar situation such as yourself. If you’re an outlier, then you may want to move on to the next step as in congressional inquiry. Like Susie already pointed out above, seemingly prolonged delay is one of the things an AOSer may have to contend with.

Thank you. Based on other timelines, I can see that another person has been waiting about 3 months like me but someone who filed a month before has received both notices (bio and interview) in 2 months. I don't think that makes me an outlier yet. I will wait until the end of the month and if nothing happens, I'll take the next step. Thank you for the advice.

I sent my AOS application without the 2NL which I have not received despite a DS260 submission on Dec 23rd, 2020. When I wrote to kccdv email they replied by saying that I should just contact USCIS.

I also inadvertently submitted a DS260 form for a US citizen child. DO I need to do anything to correct it?

1. Yes
2. I think you should be able to figure this out on your own - the instruction says “provide physical addresses for everywhere you have lived during the last five years ...”
Hi Mom,

thank you so much for the answers!!

For #2, at first I was 100% sure that I do not have to provide address outside the US since I’ve been living here for the past 5 years.
However, after reading the second section where it says ‘provide your most recent address outside the US where you lived for more than one year’ over and over again, I am questioning myself.
I saw a website who said ‘Note that you must list the last address where you lived outside the United States, even if you lived there more than five years ago.’

Just want to confirm again with you to be really sure as we trust you.

Hello Mom,

I went through the spreadsheet and understood that DS-260 is an optional form to be filled. Moreover, I understand that submitting a DS-260 would give an immigrant intention. Since my case number is on higher side (AS219xx) I was thinking not to submit DS-260 at all and if the number gets current ever, I will send the other documents.

1. If I fill the DS-260, I assume I cant send the AOS package until I receive 2NL, is this assumption is true?
2. I just wanted to know whether there is any advantage for filling up DS-260 for the case?
3. Since my spouse is living in my home country (and she would go to CP) is it required for me to fill DS-260, if I want to add her for my case?

I sent my AOS application without the 2NL which I have not received despite a DS260 submission on Dec 23rd, 2020. When I wrote to kccdv email they replied by saying that I should just contact USCIS.

I also inadvertently submitted a DS260 form for a US citizen child. DO I need to do anything to correct it?
You need to let KCC know the child is already a USC and will therefore not be obtaining a GC as your derivative. This ensures KCC doesn’t hold on to your file (when your FO requests for it) thinking you have a pending payment to make for the child.